X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank the Sound Area Courses

I'm new to the area--moved from Wisconsin--and I'm looking for a good course. If proximity matters, I live in Ballard.

Thanks for contributing!

Wecome to the Northwest! Before you focus on the DG courses, you need to purge your body of all that Wisconsin beer (Miller) and reaclimate it to the fine NW micro's. Since you live in Ballard, I suggest you put some socks on under your sandles, and bike over to the Noble Fir. If they have Black Raven on tap, try the IPAs.

Other than that, my only advice is to play Seatac, Lakewood, and White River. If you ever make it to Snohomish County (on your way to Canada), stop by Lake Stevens for a beer....or a round.

Comment

Play Seatac and Lakewood as much as possible, they are the easiest to navigate and both are a mixture of shots. Seatac Being the most Professional Style course in the Area. If you ever have time Drive down to Stiellicum but i suggest you bring a partner as its not easy to find your way around there. If you want to up your game even further head down to Shelton, WA and play the par 63 Black/Red course they have to offer. A bunch of distance as well as tight shots in and out of the woods.
      It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

Here are a couple of maps that will help you traverse Fort Steilacoom
        http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course...1/ca8a9ade.jpg
        http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course...1/0236d034.jpg

Do not forget to jump on a ferry and cross the sound to Bremerton.
        Bud Pell
        http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4570
        Kitsap
        http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2566
        N.A.D.
        http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=107

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
          Wecome to the Northwest! Since you live in Ballard, I suggest you put some socks on under your sandles,
          Don't forget, those socks in Fall need to be stout wool socks, berkinstocks only, none of those fakenstocks will be allowed. Doc Martins work for winter in most cases. Also, it would behoove you to get a membership with REI if you haven't already. . .. ... .. ...... ... _ _ _ ... ... _ _ _ ...

Really, just play the courses suggested here and you will be fine. Just remember (according to th earticle in PDGA Disc Golf Mag) Trees are not your friend and expect to have bark embedded in your plastic for the next couple of years while you get used to having to shoot around deep woods on most courses.

Comment

Drive a Prius and boycott Starbucks because you are the 99%!!
            Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Originally posted by Getty View Post
              Drive a Prius and boycott Starbucks because you are the 99%!!
              partially correct...Boycott Starbucks because the a-hole CEO sold our Sonics to Oklahoma.

It's ok to drive a Prius though because you can park in handicap spots. This is due to the fact that most Prius owners have to walk with a stick up their ass.

Comment

Northpark is the closest course to Ballard. Terrace Creek in Mountlake Terrace is pretty nice. Only problem with Northpark is that its always super busy and noobs throwing without giving you a Fore! Good for a quick round. Otherwise I would agree on hitting up Lakewood and SeaTac.
                www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                  Wecome to the Northwest! Before you focus on the DG courses, you need to purge your body of all that Wisconsin beer (Miller) and reaclimate it to the fine NW micro's. Since you live in Ballard, I suggest you put some socks on under your sandles, and bike over to the Noble Fir. If they have Black Raven on tap, try the IPAs.

Other than that, my only advice is to play Seatac, Lakewood, and White River. If you ever make it to Snohomish County (on your way to Canada), stop by Lake Stevens for a beer....or a round.

He's right. Beer first.

Freemont Brewing is withing walking distance as well. Thier Interurban IPA is grapefruity goodness. They will also whore out thier beer into any growler you have handy.

Courses close to you, from best to worst, one being best;
                  1. Seatac
                  2. NAD
                  3. Mountlake Terrace
                  4. Lakewood
                  5. White River
                  6. Fort Steilacoom
                  7. Twin Rivers
                  8. Fort Nugent
                  9. Lake Stevens
                  10. Carny Patch
                  11. Excaliber
                  12. Blythe
                  13. Lake Fenwick
                  14. Juel Park
                  15. North Park

Comment

Well, at least you answered the question, just not correctly IMHO.

1. Seatac/Lakewood (only #1 as a package deal)
                    2. Bud Pell at Ross Farm
                    3. Steili (once signage goes in, ranking skyrockets to the top)
                    4. NAD Park
                    5. Riverside (where's this on your list?)
                    6. White River
                    7. Terrace Creek (yes, I put it above NP)
                    8. Twin Rivers/Arlington
                    9. Lake Fennwick
                    10. Lake Stevens(edges out NP because of the sweet baskets)
                    11. North Park/(Mineral Springs on DGCR)-- could be the best course in the world... on 3 1/2 acres.
                    12. Excalibur (Silver Lake)
                    13. Juel
                    14. Carney Patch
                    15. Blythe

Closest to you is North Park, then Terrace Creek, Lakewood, Seatac, Lake Fennwick, White River- actually, just go to DGCR.
                    I'd be glad to guide you at a course or two sometime... On Wisconsin!

btw, there's a cool little pizza spot in Ballard called Zayda Buddy's Pizza and Bar-- it's sort of a Wisconsin themed joint.
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

that was a good read .. LMFAO !! we don't do starbucks on the Eastside either. The SONICS will rise again !!!
                      PDGA # 52916
                      CRDGC
                      TCDGC
                      FWWDGC
                      PDGC

Comment

Juel over Carnypatch?!?!? Hmmm...

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                        Well, at least you answered the question, just not correctly IMHO.

1. Seatac/Lakewood (only #1 as a package deal)
                        2. Bud Pell at Ross Farm
                        3. Steili (once signage goes in, ranking skyrockets to the top)
                        4. NAD Park
                        5. Riverside (where's this on your list?)
                        6. White River
                        7. Terrace Creek (yes, I put it above NP)
                        8. Twin Rivers/Arlington
                        9. Lake Fennwick
                        10. Lake Stevens(edges out NP because of the sweet baskets)
                        11. North Park/(Mineral Springs on DGCR)-- could be the best course in the world... on 3 1/2 acres.
                        12. Excalibur (Silver Lake)
                        13. Juel
                        14. Carney Patch
                        15. Blythe

Closest to you is North Park, then Terrace Creek, Lakewood, Seatac, Lake Fennwick, White River- actually, just go to DGCR.
                        I'd be glad to guide you at a course or two sometime... On Wisconsin!

btw, there's a cool little pizza spot in Ballard called Zayda Buddy's Pizza and Bar-- it's sort of a Wisconsin themed joint.
                        Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

You're right, Romney those two...
                          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X