X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football receiver gloves

So me and a friend started playing disc golf a little over a month ago. Last Friday we played our first round in the rain. We had towels, and it worked OK for awhile till all the towels got damp.

Has anyone tried throwing with those really sticky football receiver gloves when it is raining?

I can't imagine I'd like them at all. To me, it's all about the feel of the disc. Would drive me crazy. Also, too sticky would cause all sorts of release issues.

Comment

Ask DC Dan, or Dana Lawton.
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

IMO I would stick with multiple towels before resorting to a glove. Bring a couple of towels in zip lock bags and bust them our mid-round when you need them. Also when your hand and disc is mostly dry try a birdie bag or climbing chalk. After drying off said disc and head, keep them covered by putting it under your shirt until its your turn to throw. Gloves become just another unpredictable variable in getting a consistent release and with extra "tackiness" on the receiver gloves the residue might transfer to your disc which could become an extra mess.

Comment

also you never need to dry off the whole disc just dry the area your gonna grip and you use less shammWOW or towel
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            Ask DC Dan, or Dana Lawton.
            pretty sure they use golf gloves not football 1's
            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module