Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet. Good luck hugs are expected before teeing off on your 1st hole and every other hole there after.

If you start on an odd numbered hole then it's customary to hug before you get scores on every other hole.

If you start on an even number then the hugging takes place after you get scores but before you throw of course.

Don't look anyone in the eyes while hugging & good game pats are generally only accepted halfway through the second round of the tournament.

Hope this helps, have fun.
    Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
      i hope you remembered what white and I told ya, keep away from wa events, bad planning makes a mess of things
      really?? its comments like this that just make me sick. everybody else here is trying to help a guy out, so that he has a good tournament experience. and you have the gall to come on here and bash all Washington tournaments!!! attitudes like this is what hurt events, and then you go and spread it around and start crap for no reason.

im sure your momma told you "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all". and if she didnt, well im telling you now. keep your bad attitude to yourself.
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Big Red is a douche!
        Don't knock it until you rock it!

Comment

i've been to some very well run WA events... and by "some" i mean "all" of the events in WA that i have attended have been well run.

... and i've also found that if there is something that happens during an event in regards to the running of it, most TDs don't mind a polite email outlining what could perhaps be done differently. i've had some great success with constructive criticisms and conversation about changes that could be made... and i've learned a lot when TDs have then politely explained why they did something their way as opposed to mine...
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

HAHAHAHA so i probably WONT be hugging anyone, just saying. 6'5'', 290, with a big red beard huggin everyone will probably lead to more harm than good to the morale of my group! LOL
            -Can you imagine the stress of knowing that after EVERY hole a hairless, bearded Yeti is going to be giving you an embrace? I wouldnt want to put that pressure on ANYONE. I think that even the PROS would crumble if they knew i was going to give them a bear hug after each hole!
            We Slang To Bang!

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
              really?? its comments like this that just make me sick. everybody else here is trying to help a guy out, so that he has a good tournament experience. and you have the gall to come on here and bash all Washington tournaments!!! attitudes like this is what hurt events, and then you go and spread it around and start crap for no reason.

im sure your momma told you "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all". and if she didnt, well im telling you now. keep your bad attitude to yourself.
              no wonder he has no friends . LOL
              PDGA # 52916
              CRDGC
              TCDGC
              FWWDGC
              PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
                Most important ... Have FUN !!!!!
                I always forget this one....

Comment

don't do it

My advice would be for you to change your mind and DO NOT GO!
                  Why? Well, your life as you know it now will change and never be the same.
                  After the first one you'll need to go again and then before you know it, you are HOOKED!
                  So what if you meet a bunch of great peeps and have fun throwing and watching golf discs. It just ain't worth it.
                  If you have to go I'd say watch, listen and learn and if nobody has mentioned it, play smart. Only go for putts you feel are in your range, otherwise put it under the basket and move on.
                  gudt luck
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by BangDEMChains View Post
                    HAHAHAHA so i probably WONT be hugging anyone, just saying. 6'5'', 290, with a big red beard huggin everyone will probably lead to more harm than good to the morale of my group! LOL
                    -Can you imagine the stress of knowing that after EVERY hole a hairless, bearded Yeti is going to be giving you an embrace? I wouldnt want to put that pressure on ANYONE. I think that even the PROS would crumble if they knew i was going to give them a bear hug after each hole!

i might have to just walk with your group to watch that

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I'm never against hugging it out with anybody. Oxytocin is awesome!
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

BangDEMChains: Take all the DISCgolf advice you can ,it will help !!! As for big red he is just a SPOIL SPORT who WONT finish a tourny or have a postive view on ANYTHING so just go out and HAVE YOURSELF A BLAST !!!

Comment

Put your disc on the basket.
                          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Thanks for all the advice, and a few laughs. Just picked up a couple of extra discs. Pretty stoked to see how they fly! Hitting Up Corbin after work! Also, please know that I appreciate all the tips and advice! I have been around the game of football for the last 16 years, so being coachable is something that i take pride in, and also something that gives me a bit of an edge over other "whipper-snappers"! hahahah
                            We Slang To Bang!

Comment

Originally posted by BangDEMChains View Post
                              Thanks for all the advice, and a few laughs. Just picked up a couple of extra discs. Pretty stoked to see how they fly! Hitting Up Corbin after work! Also, please know that I appreciate all the tips and advice! I have been around the game of football for the last 16 years, so being coachable is something that i take pride in, and also something that gives me a bit of an edge over other "whipper-snappers"! hahahah
                              Be sure to tell us how it went.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X