X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
    I suggest bringing an extra bottle of bloody mary mix (non-pdga event of course). If you get participants from Bellingham and/or Olympia, you will run out quicker than you think. Extra bag of ice would be good too.
    Now that is experience talking there!
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
      I suggest bringing an extra bottle of bloody mary mix (non-pdga event of course). If you get participants from Bellingham and/or Olympia, you will run out quicker than you think. Extra bag of ice would be good too.
      - This... is... Awesome! Now that is the tournament wisdom I can dig!

I am prepared to play alot more poorly, but I appreciate that bit of advice. It will be good to know that when I do shoot worse than normal (Hopefully thats not the case!), I will be prepared mentally to get that last bad shot out of the way and focus on smacking chains on the next one!

I played my first tourney after 2 weeks of throwing.
      ^^^^ That is Awesome!!! I would NOT have had the Testy Fortitude to hope in a tourney that fresh to the sport! I am hoping that my skills have improved some since I started throwing, and I hope even more that I don't get stuck with an impatient player, but if so, I will make the most of it!

Thanks again for all the pointers!!!
      We Slang To Bang!

Comment

Specific to this tournament, learn the rules pertaining to out of bounds play and mandatory's. There will be quite a bit of out of bounds and mandatory's strewn throughout the course.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

One thing I found to help in between rounds is to jog around the parking lot. In my first few tourney's, I would be kinda tired/lazy after lunch. A quick jog got my blood flowing, helped warm up my entire body, and made my legs not so stiff.
          Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Originally posted by chainslammin View Post
            When it's your turn to take scores it's a good practice to call out the hole at the next tee pad and wait for the other players to give you their scores. You shouldn't ever assume what the other guy got. Make them give it to you. This will just cut out any questions at the end of the round. Have great time.
            it is not just good practice... it's the rules. and it's very important. always call our your score on every hole, the hole number and repeat out loud the scores of the other player's after they give it to as you write it down and insist that others do the same.

oh, wait... treelove already covered that.
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

read the tee signs at every hole for ob/mando info.

watch where you are standing... you may end up playing with a prima donna like myself that is very easily distracted. never be too close to the person throwing or assume you are far enough away from the basket that you are not a distraction. never move ahead of the person throwing on the fairway even if you're on the opposite side from them.

cut the chit chat as soon as someone steps on the tee or approaches their lie. NOT as soon as they look like they're ready to throw. always be aware of speed of play. storytime takes second stage to taking scores and teeing off.

oh, right... have a good time, too... knowing the subtleties of the rules and etiquette helps with that...

p.s. clear your disc out of the basket EVERY time.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post

watch where you are standing... you may end up playing with a prima donna like myself that is very easily distracted.
                SQUIRREL!!!!

never be too close to the person throwing or assume you are far enough away from the basket that you are not a distraction.
                SQUIRREL!!!!

never move ahead of the person throwing on the fairway even if you're on the opposite side from them.

cut the chit chat as soon as someone steps on the tee or approaches their lie. NOT as soon as they look like they're ready to throw. always be aware of speed of play. storytime takes second stage to taking scores and teeing off.

oh, right... have a good time, too... knowing the subtleties of the rules and etiquette helps with that...

SQUIRREL!!!

p.s. clear your disc out of the basket EVERY time.
                sorry, watched "UP" with my kids this weekend. . . it's very distracting with so many dang squirrels on the course

Comment

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
                  SQUIRREL!!!!

SQUIRREL!!!!

SQUIRREL!!!

sorry, watched "UP" with my kids this weekend. . . it's very distracting with so many dang squirrels on the course

Comment

Awesome Information and pointers for sure! I will take all said points into action during the tournament!
                    We Slang To Bang!

Comment

Originally posted by BangDEMChains View Post
                      Awesome Information and pointers for sure! I will take all said points into action during the tournament!
                      and don't let the squirrels get to you... they're just trying to mess with your head.

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                        and don't let the squirrels get to you... they're just trying to mess with your head.
                        they are not called squirrels
                        they are salal sharks

Comment

My advice is take all that new plastic that you think will give you that extra distance out of your bag! Besides making your bag lighter it will eliminate a lot of extra decision making during an already mentally challenging atmosphere. Stick with the discs you know and keep it in the fairway and try to shoot for par. Throw lay up's within 10-15ft of the basket so you have an easy putt regardless if its for a par or bogey or a double bogey. I know we all get excited but try to play within your own limits. Practice rounds are for all the new plastic and the new shots.

Comment

Originally posted by maynard View Post
                            My advice is take all that new plastic that you think will give you that extra distance out of your bag! Besides making your bag lighter it will eliminate a lot of extra decision making during an already mentally challenging atmosphere. Stick with the discs you know and keep it in the fairway and try to shoot for par. Throw lay up's within 10-15ft of the basket so you have an easy putt regardless if its for a par or bogey or a double bogey. I know we all get excited but try to play within your own limits. Practice rounds are for all the new plastic and the new shots.
                            ^
                            Thanks for this! Great to know, I definitely will stick with the tried and trues!
                            We Slang To Bang!

Comment

i hope you remembered what white and I told ya, keep away from wa events, bad planning makes a mess of things
                              Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
                                i hope you remembered what white and I told ya, keep away from wa events, bad planning makes a mess of things
                                Bad planning can happen at any event. It doesn't have to be an event in WA.
                                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X