X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Preparation Question.

So I have a tournament coming up where I have to lay out a bunch of OB line. I already have the construction twine that I got from Harbor Freight at a great price. Does anybody know where to get a good deal on the stakes that you would use to string the ob? I haven't been able to find anything online (either that or I'm using a bad combination of search words). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

I use landscape flags. They are relativity cheap, and easy to see from a distance. I try to get the taller flags with the larger banners, for best visibility. I just get them at a local hardware store. In a pinch, I will use Lowes, Home Depot, or Grainger. Tie the string around each flag stake for a more secure OB line. I have hundreds, if you want to work out a deal, let me know...
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      I use landscape flags. They are relativity cheap, and easy to see from a distance. I try to get the taller flags with the larger banners, for best visibility. I just get them at a local hardware store. In a pinch, I will use Lowes, Home Depot, or Grainger. Tie the string around each flag stake for a more secure OB line. I have hundreds, if you want to work out a deal, let me know...
      I have also used large nails. Just loop the string around them, and push them into the ground. They pull right out when you're done as well.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

gutter spikes

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        I have also used large nails. Just loop the string around them, and push them into the ground. They pull right out when you're done as well.
        I like to use the large spike nails also. They are more of a cost, but you have a cleaner playing surface and like "one G only" said, they're easily removed.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

If you have a saw, get yourself a couple of 8' 2"x2"'s or 1"x2"'s and cut an angle on them yourself. It only takes a few minutes as they don't have to be perfect and they are way cheaper than buying stakes.
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

It's important to be able to see any boundaries from the tee. Drop's or stroke and distance? Tee signs are the best venue for hole info. Take my word for it Time spent beforehand costs three times less then the discussinos you will have to hold
            rewindb.com

Comment

I have actually printed all the information out on signs I will put up next to each tee pad. Most of it will play as standard OB. The only Drop Zones I will use will be for missed mandatory's. I will have a few holes that will play as BUNCR hazards (mostly short 180-220 foot holes). There will be no stroke penalty for not making the island green just a re-tee for the next shot. It's not sanctioned so I don't have to worry about the PDGA on this one (if it turns out to be a success, I will sanction the event next year). It was my goal to take Corbin Park and turn it into a tournament caliber course that will challenge both the golf aspect and mental aspect of the player. Hopefully I don't fall flat on my face.
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions as well guys, keep them coming. As the event draws closer, I get more nervous about it.
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                  As the event draws closer, I get more nervous about it.
                  You and the tournament will be fine...it's the idiots who don't know what's going on and don't care to learn that you have to worry about. I am looking forward to this one and may be available to lend some assistance as well.

Comment

For raised lines you can use rebar with pieces of PVC over it at varying lengths. Tie the string between and if you need you can add intermittent flags in the tops of the pvc.
                    "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X