X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
    I intentenally popped open a can of beer while a buddy from Olympia was teeing off during a recent tournament (non pdga). Timed it perfectly. He hit a tree and landed in the only OB on the hole which was a 2 foot by 3 foot pool of water. He ended up taking a five.

He looked at me and said that I was a dick. I should have posted here about how rude this guy was.
    You should have stroked him for courtesy violation. You can't say stuff like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
      Unless Wendy was on the tee.
      My 'thought' was, if you're looking at the shadow of my head which is not on the pad or the fairway, then you may want to pick a different line to the basket.
      As was mentioned, these sort of requests may do more harm than good sometimes.
      Perhaps if we have 'special' courtesy requests we could inform our group before the 2 minute warning.
      As anyone who's been on my card knows, I always make it clear that I don't tolerate direct eye contact or talking to my disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
        Doesn't seem like a rules violation to me, and it's definitely a little nit-picky, but it was nice of you to do it without comment. I always wonder if the distraction and possible group dynamic shifts from such a request don't become a bigger distraction than the original distraction.
        So true. Some things are just better unmentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
          I intentenally popped open a can of beer while a buddy from Olympia was teeing off during a recent tournament (non pdga). Timed it perfectly. He hit a tree and landed in the only OB on the hole which was a 2 foot by 3 foot pool of water. He ended up taking a five.

He looked at me and said that I was a dick. I should have posted here about how rude this guy was.
          Most of that story is true.... except the "buddy" part. And you didn't mention that it was the third time that day that you had done it. You also didn't mention that said "buddy" took your beer and polished it off... all three times. You also didn't mention, said "buddy" lost the tourney because of that 5.... I mean beer buzz.

You also failed to mention that said buddy can't wait to do it again!
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Normally I can ignore other players shadows when I'm putting, it's their aura's that distract me.

Comment

little voice inside my head said don't look back

If our aura's count as a distraction then what about the voices inside our heads?
              Can we wait until they're quiet before chucking.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              - Anonymous

Comment

I can silence my voice but the voices in my head just will not stop arguing with me. They continue to be a distraction to not only myself, but each other. I'd like it if they actually agreed on something.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X