Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My butt always hurts at this age

Originally posted by jeffmonty View Post
    If you truly want to lead by example, throwing on them is exactly what NOT to do. Unless you enjoy being thrown on, I guess..
    Thats your opinion. Im not a pacifist. Throwing on them would be my example BECAUSE I wouldnt want to be thrown at. Therefore I am aware of those around me and dont take extra throws. I did say yell fore first. riiiiggghht. Thats a good productive example. BooHooyah. Now off to fun with the butt.PEACE

Comment

My buddy and I let a single play through us a few weeks ago and he proceeded to through multiple drives, right in front of us. I was dumbfounded. When I play through people, I try to be as quick as possible. I'll often lay it up and skip putting rather than going for a long birdie just to be faster.

Just last week, a group of 3 of us were playing behind a group of 6. This group consisted of a family; mom, dad, and a 5 year old, who were all obviously new to the sport. No problem. My problem was that there was at least one member of their group who was a seasoned disc golfer. Bag tags, minis, etc... He never once made an effort to let us play through even though we watched them walk off the tee pad and slowly play every hole for the last 7 holes. This guy knew better but was just arrogant.

And just a personal preference here, but I think walking around the course blasting your ipod is incredibly rude to other golfers. Particularly when a group walks up to a teepad while people are driving.

And litterers. Fucking litterers...

Comment

Originally posted by guitodd View Post
        Thats your opinion. Im not a pacifist. Throwing on them would be my example BECAUSE I wouldnt want to be thrown at. Therefore I am aware of those around me and dont take extra throws. I did say yell fore first. riiiiggghht. Thats a good productive example. BooHooyah. Now off to fun with the butt.PEACE
        I don't throw multiple discs when people are waiting on me, but if you throw down on me, fore or not, I'll throw your disc as far as I can in the opposite direction.

I agree with jeff here, throwing down on someone isnt leading by example. It's setting the example to be an asshole

Comment

whats yur stance prdner?

Originally posted by fernhillphil View Post
          I don't throw multiple discs when people are waiting on me, but if you throw down on me, fore or not, I'll throw your disc as far as I can in the opposite direction.
          good thing I wont be throwing on you cause your so courteous and scarey. This will save you the embarASSment of hiting a tree in your big manly tyraid. This was about etiquitte and that was your response? Your the guy who hits the brakes on the highway when some dipstick is merging doing 40mph thinking your being courteous when 10 people behind you obeying the rules have to slam on the brakes. Try thinking first.

Comment

Originally posted by guitodd View Post
            Originally posted by fernhillphil View Post
            good thing I wont be throwing on you cause your so courteous and scarey. This will save you the embarASSment of hiting a tree in your big manly tyraid. This was about etiquitte and that was your response? Your the guy who hits the brakes on the highway when some dipstick is merging doing 40mph thinking your being courteous when 10 people behind you obeying the rules have to slam on the brakes. Try thinking first.
            Tongue-In-Cheek

Irony

Comment

I think throwing on anyone yelling fore or not teaches them that it is perfectly okay to throw on people as long as they yell. That is really poor form. Two wrongs do not make a right and all that stuff ya know.

I do think speaking up is important. How you speak up will definitely affect the reaction you receive. When you yell at someone like you would a parent to their child don't expect much respect back. Conversations go a long way. Some people may not change while you are right there but may in the future.

In the end there will always be assholes and the general thing to remember is you are outside in a gorgeous park and not sitting behind a desk, take a moment to breathe and don't be so quick to try and leave that setting.
              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

I had a dude throw in on me while I was writing my name on a basket after I got an ace. Unluckily for him, his disc landed in my unleashed pit bull's pile of sht that I let sit there. I didn't even get a chance to hear him yell at me because my 8-track player in my beer cooler was blasting Foghat so loud. That dude was so rude!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                  I had a dude throw in on me while I was writing my name on a basket after I got an ace. Unluckily for him, his disc landed in my unleashed pit bull's pile of sht that I let sit there. I didn't even get a chance to hear him yell at me because my 8-track player in my beer cooler was blasting Foghat so loud. That dude was so rude!
                  Please tell me you included on the basket the disc thrown, wind speed, humidity, atmospheric pressure and the +/- from sea level. Also, there better be some Boston in that 8 track player, cause Boston kicks the crap out of Foghat.
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

you are indeed setting an example

on the course and in your manner of 'conversing' on this forum. Try thinking first.
                    If the person throwing multiple discs does not know any better , he will not find that out by you throwing on him, "fore" or not.
                    I guess it is possible if you then walk down there and explain that you threw on him because of his extra throws, and what the etiquette is, but it's doubtful he'd want to listen at that point.
                    No one is a better listener when they think they are being messed with. You are yet another example of this when you get defensive with people pointing out the possible problems with your etiquette teaching strategy. Just substitute the phrase "butthurt" for a disc thrown at you
                    your posting etiquette could probably use some instruction/improvement, how would you appreciate that being conveyed to you? or
                    we're all looking forward to better communication on and off the course
                    "good ol' Roc, nothin' beats that!"

Comment

Originally posted by pdxdiscer View Post
                      on the course and in your manner of 'conversing' on this forum. Try thinking first.
                      If the person throwing multiple discs does not know any better , he will not find that out by you throwing on him, "fore" or not.
                      I guess it is possible if you then walk down there and explain that you threw on him because of his extra throws, and what the etiquette is, but it's doubtful he'd want to listen at that point.
                      No one is a better listener when they think they are being messed with. You are yet another example of this when you get defensive with people pointing out the possible problems with your etiquette teaching strategy. Just substitute the phrase "butthurt" for a disc thrown at you
                      your posting etiquette could probably use some instruction/improvement, how would you appreciate that being conveyed to you? or
                      we're all looking forward to better communication on and off the course
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by pdxdiscer View Post
                        Try reading the first post first, then think. He stated that the people did not seem like begginers. Therefore they already know that they are being rude and dont need a good talking to. My advice was to yell fore and send one over the bow. If he cant man up and move on or let you play through hes an asshole whos been warned. Of course someone who seems to be a noob deserves the benefit of doubt and that would be when other methods mentioned should be applied. Dont let my tact online sway you, im just having fun. Now the guy, LakeStevens BA, I would walk up to and say "hey you, what do you bench" then kick his dog. I yike turdles.

Comment

just so long as we are all thinking...
                          and that's why I'm afraid of bannanas
                          "good ol' Roc, nothin' beats that!"

Comment

Question along the lines of etiquette, I play at a course that a lot of people think they can let their dogs loose on, go sit in the middle of fairways and have their picnics, walk their dogs down the middle of the fairway, all completely clueless! Lately I have just yelled and said heads up, but I feel like I am going to hit someone some day and get yelled at and have it be all my fault that they decided to hangout in the middle of a disc golf course. Is this just how it works or is there something else I should tell these people, should I inform them they are in the middle of a disc golf course or just suck it up.

Comment

If it's a multi use park, you can walk up to them and let them know that they happen to be sitting in the middle of a fairway for the disc golf section of the park. While it's available to everyone, it is dangerous to be sitting in that area as there will be high speed objects flying at them. Make sure you do it courteously and try to suggest other places in the park for them to go. If they still feel like sitting in the middle of the fairway after your warning, there isn't much you can do. Just alert them to your intention to throw that way, make sure they are paying attention and rip one. We have that problem up here with Corbin Park in Post Falls. Most people will pay attention when you alert them but some just don't give a fiddlestick.
                              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                                If it's a multi use park, you can walk up to them and let them know that they happen to be sitting in the middle of a fairway for the disc golf section of the park. While it's available to everyone, it is dangerous to be sitting in that area as there will be high speed objects flying at them. Make sure you do it courteously and try to suggest other places in the park for them to go. If they still feel like sitting in the middle of the fairway after your warning, there isn't much you can do. Just alert them to your intention to throw that way, make sure they are paying attention and rip one. We have that problem up here with Corbin Park in Post Falls. Most people will pay attention when you alert them but some just don't give a fiddlestick.
                                I believe many of those outside of the game think "It's just a frisbee, how much can it hurt?

A buddy of mine took his 12 year old niece out to show her the game, and he was standing to the side of the teebox and she grip-locked one into the back of his head. Took 7 stitches to close it up, and she was 12... though we did laugh when he told us about it.
                                Basket thieves

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X