X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ace basket tagging at ambient course in lakewood, wa

TODAY I WAS PLAYING THE AMBIENT (CHURCH) COURSE IN LAKEWOOD, WA ABOUT 10 MINUTES FROM FORT STEILLY WITH MY BOYS AND WHEN I REACH HOLE 11 THERE WAS SOME "CRAP" ON THE POLE OTHERWISE KNOWN AS BASKET TAGGING.

FIRST OF ALL EVERYONE LIKES AN ACE AND THAT IS GREAT, BUT NEVER EVER SHOULD YOU TAG A BASKET AND MAKE IT LOOK GHETTO. THAT IS THE BIGGEST BULLSHIT AND IF I EVER CATCH SOMEONE DOING I WILL TAG THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR FACE..........THAT IS A PROMISE!

RANDELL WOODARD YOU NEED TO IMMEDIATELY HEAD OVER TO AMBIENT COURSE AND CLEAN YOUR NAME OFF THAT BASKET (HOLE 11). THE BENEFIT OF DOUBT IS GIVEN THAT YOU MAY BE A GREAT AND DECENT GUY AND MAY NOT KNOW THAT 99% OF THE DISC GOLF COMMUNITY DOES NOT APPRECIATE THE VANDELISM. IM SURE I MAY REGRET MY THREAT IN ABOUT 12 HOURS, BUT FOR RIGHT NOW I AM STEAMING..........

PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING AND CLEAN IT UP.........NICE ACE BY THE WAY.
    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Kitsap Fairgrounds had a basket stolen about a month ago, and Yardbird replaced it with a nicely painted tonepole until it can be replaced. Within a week it was tagged.
    The disappointing thing to me was that it was done by a well known player in this area that is in no way a noob, and in every way should have known better. I think it was thought of as only a "temporary" tone pole,so who cares? The problem as most of us know is that it PROMOTES basket tagging. There were no instructions under the tag stating "don't do this on a real basket".
    I had some hand sanitizer in my bag and tried to get it off as best as I could, but even one guy in our doubles group tried to stop me, saying it was no big deal it was tagged. I just told him he really couldn't stop me, lol.

From day one i've always seen this as an incredibly stupid practice.
    Basket thieves

Comment

On a fundamental level, any of the tagging type behaviors violate the

"Leave the Course as clean or cleaner than you found it" principle.

West Sound has been fortunate with limited tagging compared to many places, so I'm disappointed to hear the tone pole report. Monty, you know I think you're right in trying to get it off there pronto. I'll add in a Mr Clean magic eraser to my usual small sandpaper stash in my bag. (I've heard they can help in unexpected ways sometimes)

Is the idea that the hand sanitizer will act as a solvent?

Comment

Is the idea that the hand sanitizer will act as a solvent?
        Actually, it's all I had with me other than water, and I knew water wouldn't work. I thought the alcohol in it might dissolve the ink, which it did get about 80% of it off.
        By the way, I have discovered that hand sanitizer does a great job of removing sap from your hands and disc after that tree hit. Melts it right off!!
        Last edited by jeffmonty; August 24th, 2012, 08:03 PM. Reason: *
        Basket thieves

Comment

some douche bag wannabe thug tagged a buttload of steilly baskets with KUNTZ69. Any info on who this is would be appreciated. Us steilly golfers would like to invite KUNTZ69 to a party were having in the deep gulch leading down to the sound from hole NW8. Bring a BIG black marker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X