Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Disc Golf App - Would you use it?

I have been thinking about making a northwest disc golf app for your smartphone for quite some time now. But I have yet to really sit down and focus on it because Im not sure if people would actually use it. Would you use it, and if so what would you like to see in it?

My initial ideas were course maps, directions, possible weather conditions. Those are just some of my initial feature ideas, but I would like to hear what others have in mind.

Great website and resource this site is!
    www.kylegalbraith.com

yes i would for sure

Comment

most definitely. it's much easier to just click on an ap than to locate this sight via safari. it would probably be around $3 to purchase yeah?
      May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

To be honest Im not really interested in making money on an app. It would benefit me greatly enough just to successfully make it into what people want. If people feel that it would help them out on the course than that is enough motivation for me. I would like to hear about what features would be most beneficial though.
        www.kylegalbraith.com

Comment

how about making it an app for this NWDGN forum?

Also, It would be sweet to have an app with the nw courses that gives the SSA. Although it would be tough to know what SSA to give due to tournament course modification, whether, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
            Also, It would be sweet to have an app with the nw courses that gives the SSA. Although it would be tough to know what SSA to give due to tournament course modification, whether, etc.
            This! It'd also be handy to include local league events at courses throughout Oregon, Washington and Idaho so those of us road tripping can plan to play courses when they are available (or play league so we meet out of towners).
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Which platform were you planning on using? If you stretch to Windows phone I would probably even pay for it. Another great idea is having it be "open source", not literally, but constantly improving per the suggestions in this forum, if you catch my drift...

Shawn

Comment

It would most likely start out as an Android and iPhone app. Then if the opportunity presented itself it could be ported out to Windows phone too.

It would of course be in constant development based on suggestions for new features and the like.
                www.kylegalbraith.com

Comment

Originally posted by kyle.galbraith459 View Post
                  I have been thinking about making a northwest disc golf app for your smartphone for quite some time now. But I have yet to really sit down and focus on it because Im not sure if people would actually use it. Would you use it, and if so what would you like to see in it?

My initial ideas were course maps, directions, possible weather conditions. Those are just some of my initial feature ideas, but I would like to hear what others have in mind.

Great website and resource this site is!
                  I would use it for sure.
                  Who put that damn tree in the middle of the fairway??

Comment

I'm in ...

Comment

I think a cool feature would be something akin to checking in at a course. Having a profile noting bag tags etc. This would allow bag tag holders who have never met the chance to play. Maybe setup meetups as well.

I think there are enough apps showing courses and scorecards. I think something that helps the community as a whole connect would be a benefit.
                      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
                        I think a cool feature would be something akin to checking in at a course. Having a profile noting bag tags etc.
                        That would be awesome

Comment

Tracking, averaging, handicapping, course directions, course maps. I would pay for that!
                          FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X