X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshrack View Post
    I heard a lot of complaints about the rough, it wasn't THAT bad.
    This course has already been beaten down very nicely, so you have no idea what it was like when it first opened. The tall grass was a wall and even if you saw where it landed, you could still lose your plastic. It is soooo much better now.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

69 first day first round then second round same 69
      PDGA # 31451
      2 Mini Aces
      74 Aces
      PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
      DISC GOLF OR DIE
      BOB CABAL
      DISCVANGO
      JEFF ELLIOT
      G-MAN
      JORDAN LEWIS
      JEFF HAGERTY
      JAMES GARCELON
      SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Well, I started this thread but only got out there today for the first time. An unbelievable course (thank you to all who worked on it). For such a long course it actually suits my game really well (I rarely throw further than 350'). Only 1 ob (on hole 18 of all holes). Happy to have parred 17 (again, I think my shorter throws helped on this hole) and finished with a pretty respectable (for me) 68.

Some low scores are definitely to be had. I've yet to hear of a round in the 50's but judging by what some people got on their first rounds there I'm sure that a round in the 50's has already happened. I know I won't be hitting that but I'm confident that I could get my score down to the low 60's on a good day.

Comment

79!!!

It was windy.

And I played like crap

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
            79!!!

It was windy.

And I played like crap

now i feel like i can finally post my first score...

it was not really windy at all

sometimes i just play like crap
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
              now i feel like i can finally post my first score...

it was not really windy at all

sometimes i just play like crap
              Yu think you can take me????!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                Yu think you can take me????!!!!!

it's on like croutons... on salad... let's go, benotsch.
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Does anyone know the unofficial course record?

Comment

Originally posted by ahukingacehole View Post
                    Does anyone know the unofficial course record?
                    I am also wondering this.
                    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

79 on the first day, gradually worked my way down to a 71 with a lost disc stroke on 17. Still much room for improvement in my score for sure. The back 9 tears me up, while I almost aways finish under par by 2 or 3 on the front 9.

I've unofficially heard a couple of 62's. Despite being 10,000' ft in length this course is loaded with birdie opportunities / forgiving par 4's.

Comment

71 first time without playing OB's, went a few days later with Hagerty and threw 64 with all of the OB's. Haven't come close since... But it's still better than Sam's 66 :}
                        Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

59 is the best I have heard of so far, David Munk shot that. I've pulled down a 60, I know Brody has as well. Sadly my 60 was with a 7 on the first par 5 in the older long position

Comment

Really?

I just strolled though the thread but the scores seem VERY good for a first round.
                            I just got my first round in and....

The course is really great! I did not like hole 17 but other than that, it's a great course.
                            To all of the people who worked so hard and (I talked to Jeff just as I was leaving) are still working on and improving, Thank You. It's great now and I know that you all see something even better in your mind eye. I have too many pokers in the fire to help so I'm hoping others can give a hand.

+22 Old guys don't always rule. Had a good time and again, it's a great course.

Props to all the people and all the hard work.

Phil

Comment

Played Blue Lake for the first time. What an awesome course. Shot a 73. Started out hot then found lots of OB. Birdied all 3 of the Par 5s.

Comment

Just got back from an epic first round at blue lake!
                                Haggerty met us West Sound guys at the course and was an excellent guide.
                                What a beautiful course you guys have put together. I am not sure if our first scores are oranges compared to the apples noted earlier in this thread, but if everyone played with the same OB we did and shot way under 70 I am impressed and humbled!!!!!!

Our five some had a 73,75,78,84 and 90.
                                I won't mentioned who scored what except to say mine was the 73!
                                Interested to see what sort of rated round that turns out to be tomorrow at the tourney...

My new favorite course.
                                Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
                                Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X