Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

68 for me! This place is epic! Only took 2 ob penalties in the long grass. It made up for going 3 over par at pier for the weekend. A little confidance booster. Thanks to all that made this place happen! The portland disc golf community rocks! New favorite course in oregon!
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Misquote of Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i shot

A 78... Huge blister on my throwing finger...so not too bad! Place is absolutely amazing...feels like I'm ball golfing on a disc golf course which is awesome. Spent hardly any time looking and lost zero discs...not sure what all the fuss is about with the rough. If you throw 50 feet left of center on most fair ways on any course you risk losing a disc. Same here. My only hole i thought was dumb was 17... But honestly if hole 17. Would have been one of my first holes when i wasn't exhausted with a blister i probably would have thought it was a fun challenging hole. Awesome job to all involved with this gift to our disc golf community! Nice shooting Parker
      Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Ollis 63 w/a nice string of 6 birdies in a row on the front
        Coates 68 w/a Roc ace run on #10 that hit center nubs & chain, then 4-putted for an exciting 5.

We played tall grass as OB and mostly avoided exciting search parties and lost soldiers w/the exception of Hagerty's trusty Spider.

Much thanks goes out to everyone who worked so hard on this course; it is a true joy to play and it made me want to play more often again!

Comment

I shot a 66. Not sure about OB's though. Only had 3 shots off the short stuff. 2nd shot by basket 5. 2nd shot short left of basket 15. 2nd shot short right of basket 16 in tall grass.
          Braden played holes 1-5 and 15-18 and shot 11 over for those holes. His only possible ob was tall grass on 16.
          Good playing with you Jeff hope to catch ya at Wortman soon.

Comment

Grand opening day, hotspot concern...

Fourth group out after grand opening. shot a 71 w 2 lost disc strokes added, not playing grass ob. I'm about a 945 rated golfer. Carded up w 3 other golfers Id just met, and we all had a blast, despite running out of water, being delerious from the 98 degrees, missing a few discs, and our legs chewed up from the brambles. I just met my friends mom a cpl days later and she was worried I was a self mutilater. "No, don't worry," I said. "We were just playing the newest course in the area and the ruff was ruff." She smiled w nervous relief.
            So, after playing a few rounds out there, I noticed I was wanting not to deal w the 2 huge (firs?) in the middle of hole 5 and wanted to take the cheater route over basket#4 as the easiest way to get a 3( and not lose your disc.) This is a hotspot for safety for ppl playing on #4. Do you think there is mando potential there? Are you all taking this route too? Id prolly keep playin it this way, but try to alert upshotters on 4 a headsup, if its cool. Unless its a growing concern. Opinion course guru's?

Comment

Originally posted by puttmin View Post
              Fourth group out after grand opening. shot a 71 w 2 lost disc strokes added, not playing grass ob. I'm about a 945 rated golfer. Carded up w 3 other golfers Id just met, and we all had a blast, despite running out of water, being delerious from the 98 degrees, missing a few discs, and our legs chewed up from the brambles. I just met my friends mom a cpl days later and she was worried I was a self mutilater. "No, don't worry," I said. "We were just playing the newest course in the area and the ruff was ruff." She smiled w nervous relief.
              So, after playing a few rounds out there, I noticed I was wanting not to deal w the 2 huge (firs?) in the middle of hole 5 and wanted to take the cheater route over basket#4 as the easiest way to get a 3( and not lose your disc.) This is a hotspot for safety for ppl playing on #4. Do you think there is mando potential there? Are you all taking this route too? Id prolly keep playin it this way, but try to alert upshotters on 4 a headsup, if its cool. Unless its a growing concern. Opinion course guru's?
              Once the OB lines between 4 & 5 are set in stone and properly marked, I think a lot fewer people will be trying to take that route. I definitely know what you're talking about though.

Jeff
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I remember a discussion a few years ago; it centered on the two par 4s on a new local course and how tough it is to deal with any holes that were not a 3....so I'm wondering, are all those folks passing on BL or are they enrolled in fundamental math at PCC?

A hardy thank you to Dave, Jeff, Jeff and everyone else for bringing golf back to DG.
                'J'
                educate your thinking

Comment

Just played the course for the first time over the weekend and I absolutely loved it, can't wait to see this course as it gets played in a bit more. First time through I pegged a 69, felt nice to hit the listed par right on the nose, 4 bogeys, 4 birdies.
                  PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                  dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

What an incredible course!!!!!

First time up yesterday, I (Leland) threw 63 shots. Dustin K. went for a 61.

This course is a must play...and the rough is not THAT bad. The fairways are fair and accessible. Only the negative outcome of risk/reward earns one a search through the rough.

Big thanks to all who have put this course together.

Comment

Finally made it out there this weekend. Shot a 69 with 4 birds and 4 bogeys. Loved the course! I also didn't think the rough was that bad and our group of 3 came away with all of our plastic. Can't wait to come back and lower my score. Thank you so much to all the people that put in the hard work to make this happen.

Comment

78 Opening Day, fantastic duff on #1 in front of large group. 72 PB so far.
                        PDGA# 49616
                        Stumptown# 353
                        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

74 first time, 70 the second and 65 today whooho

Comment

61 on my way to ORDGC...with 3 OB's... Love it. Cant wait to see it again.

Comment

I loved it

Played it Saturday (9/22) and LOVED it.
                              I have never played a course set up like this and it was amazing.

A couple holes could have been marked a little better.
                              Got lost once or twice but easily found our way.

I heard a lot of complaints about the rough, it wasn't THAT bad.
                              We started as a group of 2 and picked up another 2 on hole 4.
                              None of us lost any discs and while we spotted for each other on a couple of holes, we still spent a anxious few minutes looking for plastic.

Lots of different ways to play every hole; hyzers, anhyzers, rollers, tight gaps, and the ability to really rip it... all over the place.

Overall I ended up shooting a 64 and a 50ft putt on Hole 17 saved the bogey free round!
                              It was a blast.
                              When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

What did I score? More than I would have liked.

I'm glad I played the course, because now I can say I did, and I don't ever have to play it again!
                                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X