X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Patrick's AMS or OPEN in Cali

The St. Patrick's AMs on March 13-15 and Open on March 20-22 in Orangevale, California.... I live about 10 minutes away and will be moving between 2 super nice apartments *modern stone style* and that means I got plenty of room for a few disc golfers from OREGON and maybe washington, if anyone needs a place to crash... I know that there is a tournament up in washington i belive the same weekend as the OPEN so just letting everyone know they have a free place if they come down here for either weekend.

Hey Snap ole buddy ole pal!

If I can get the time off from work I would love to come down and play the open! I'm just about to call Nate and find out what event he is going to (Walla Walla being the other option). Keep in touch, as I really want to take you uo on that offer!

Thanks,
    Dion
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

Yeah Nate said the same thing. He has to decide which tournament to attend, I guess y'all looking at who registers at each event heh... Extra info, i live across the street from the Galleria Mall in Roseville so it's real nice around here and Rocklin DG course is about 5 minutes away, Auburn is about 25-30 minutes away and Orangevale is about 10 mins away... Both apartments that I am transferring between are next to eachother on the same street heh...

Comment

From what I see as of registered last week, matt benotsch and chandler fry are coming down for the Open... Car pool and get free lodging, that make a real cheap trip.. I see Lane Mason of springfield coming down too... go Oregon...
        Last edited by snap7times; February 18th, 2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          From what I see as of registered last week, matt benotsch and chandler fry are coming down for the Open... Car pool and get free lodging, that make a real cheap trip..
          Yep, I am looking forward to it! Thanks for the offer Nathan, but I'm bringing the wife and dog for some Redwoods camping the week after the tournament and we already made lodging plans for that weekend. See you there if you come by the Pro weekend!

Comment

WOW, that's a great offer. Thanks snap. I won't be able to attend. I already signed up for the Walla Walla tournament.

Comment

I'll be bringing a few Deaf amatuers to get a up close specator expirence of the pro tournament...

Comment

I'll be bringing a few Deaf amatuers to get a up close specator expirence of the pro tournament...
                Well, If you get Robin to come and I happen to be needing to throw over your group's heads and I am waving at you like "Hey, this could be headed at you" please make sure Robin and everyone else knows that this means I am about to uncork a towering hyzer bomb straight at the pin, but if you don't move when you see it coming it might smack Robin or someone else right in the solar plexus. Sam was no help in this regard at the Calapooia in 07.

Comment

If you go to the Amateur event make sure you are not allergic to poison oak. They use a second temp course that plays through an overgrown area full of the stuff, and when I say full I mean towering bushes of it.

The Pro Weekend sticks to the standard 27 hole course. I would say that all but maybe 3-4 holes are dueceable on this course even in the pro layout!!!
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                    If you go to the Amateur event make sure you are not allergic to poison oak. They use a second temp course that plays through an overgrown area full of the stuff, and when I say full I mean towering bushes of it.

The Pro Weekend sticks to the standard 27 hole course. I would say that all but maybe 3-4 holes are dueceable on this course even in the pro layout!!!
                    Hey Flash or anyone - any other insight on the course or tournament? The flyer says the Open event is playing three rounds of 22, but I don't know why that is. Anyway, anybody played this tourny or course before?
                    Last edited by Matt B.; February 18th, 2009, 03:14 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

lol... you are just tooo funny mr caloch... I am sure we will be behind your inaccurate hyzer bombs that were really accidents instead of purposely thrown that way to look good and so forth... But I will definitely warn the players in the group behind and ahead of yours that the guy from oregon *pointing at you* has a tendency to aim at other players and be successful.

I, myself, am one of those few people who just dosen't get poision ivy or oak, why that is, i do not know, but i have accidently waded in the stuff at least 20 times and nothing so far *knocking on wood*. However that is good to know for the temp holes. the Ams weekend uses 27 hole layout, while Open uses 22, I havent investigated in why that is..Only thing i see is that Ams is 27 hole rounds once a day fri-sun. Open is 2 rounds of 22 on sat, one round of 22 on sun...

Now back to Mr. Caloch, what would you like to know about the orangevale course? I have played it 10-15 times in the past 6 months. It is a very popular course, since it is busy from sun up to sundown, there is almost no grass left. There is small elevation changes but nothing dramatic. The trees are more of the skinny type that grow up and are not an issue under 20 feet, ish. If I had to make a comparison, it would be like a little more open Pier/Timber with Pier like elevation changes on half the holes.
                      Hole 1 - straight, little uphill then plateau, you can barely see the basket from behind the tee. Duece likely for a pro more than 50 percent.
                      Hole 2 - surronded tee but open fairway, straight with small uphill then plateau then drop off 5-10 feet. Deuce likely for a pro 30-50 percent.
                      Hole 3..... to be continued.. lol. Would you like a visual? I will definitely have a visual on youtube at least a few days if not weeks before the OPEN weekend..
                      Last edited by snap7times; February 18th, 2009, 06:14 PM.

Comment

lol... you are just tooo funny mr caloch... I am sure we will be behind your inaccurate hyzer bombs that were really accidents instead of purposely thrown that way to look good and so forth... But I will definitely warn the players in the group behind and ahead of yours that the guy from oregon *pointing at you* has a tendency to aim at other players and be successful.

I, myself, am one of those few people who just dosen't get poision ivy or oak, why that is, i do not know, but i have accidently waded in the stuff at least 20 times and nothing so far *knocking on wood*. However that is good to know for the temp holes. the Ams weekend uses 27 hole layout, while Open uses 22, I havent investigated in why that is..Only thing i see is that Ams is 27 hole rounds once a day fri-sun. Open is 2 rounds of 22 on sat, one round of 22 on sun...

Now back to Mr. Caloch, what would you like to know about the orangevale course? I have played it 10-15 times in the past 6 months. It is a very popular course, since it is busy from sun up to sundown, there is almost no grass left. There is small elevation changes but nothing dramatic. The trees are more of the skinny type that grow up and are not an issue under 20 feet, ish. If I had to make a comparison, it would be like a little more open Pier/Timber with Pier like elevation changes on half the holes.
                        Hole 1 - straight, little uphill then plateau, you can barely see the basket from behind the tee. Duece likely for a pro more than 50 percent.
                        Hole 2 - surronded tee but open fairway, straight with small uphill then plateau then drop off 5-10 feet. Deuce likely for a pro 30-50 percent.
                        Hole 3..... to be continued.. lol. Would you like a visual? I will definitely have a visual on youtube at least a few days if not weeks before the OPEN weekend..
                        Good stuff, thanks Snap. Just curious what the course is generally like. I'll hopefully get a chance to play one round Friday and then I signed up for the doubles round too. I really did signal that group Robin was in at CC 07 - but nobody let him know!

Comment

I know I know... the other guys in the group did admit that they knew and told eachother, they just forgot that RJ can't hear their talking. Just thank god it wasnt dead on and was a skip instead. Orangevale will have almost no long bomb shots. A few tough accuracy plus a little power for sure. I'll have a video up by march 3rd hopefully

Comment

so?

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                            WOW, that's a great offer. Thanks snap. I won't be able to attend. I already signed up for the Walla Walla tournament.
                            The Am weekend in O-vale doesn't conflict with Walla Walla's weekend...does it?

Comment

Nope, AM weekend is before OPEN but is 3 days long instead of 2.. but i know what you mean, right sean?? lol... Hey sean, you playing with jeffrey roberts first round of the memorial, nice older deaf dude all decked out in huklab stuff, show him what an azz kicking is from Oregon for me alright... lol... But funny thing, i'm in the group in front of you.... so just follow my lead...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X