Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude. There are NO amenities at this park. Hell there's no place to even PARK at this park. These are hard things to overcome when trying to throw a tournament.
    Actually, one of the ToPs I ran was at Hagg. The biggest one, actually. I believe we had 62 players that day. Jim Nims and crew were instrumental in making it a smooth day.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      The course has to be sitting on 35-45 acres.
      That's just about right. I count 45, if you include unusable territory.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        That's just about right. I count 45, if you include unusable territory.
        How much of this territory will someday be underwater?
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
          I hadn't thought of that. Take off another 5-10 acres then, I guess.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
            after that it clearly will be the tougher course... scuba putting anyone??
            besides the course in Larson's back yard has to be mentioned...
            I heard it's brutal
            the only good salad bar is a drive through-

Comment

Just got back home from Camp Tadmor... WOW, anyone want to try it out soon, I suggest you head out there. David from Camp Tadmor was awesome in communicating with us and he even put "Oregon DDGA Welcome" on TWO Marquee signs! Holey Moley, talk about the extra mile! And insurance was only less than a dollar a person, talk about cheap! This course is very true to your game type. Alot of accuracy needed, there are only 1 or two holes that were on the "throw and hope ya get lucky" types, the rest demanded your focus and control. But it was beautifully manicured and upkept, I expected to see alot of debris and fallen trees from storms and there was quite a bit of fallen trees but almost none in the disc flight paths the whole way around, wow! David didn't say nothing about actually using manpower to clear off the paths, but I know he did alotttt of work on the course, so i encourage everyone to call up David at Camp Tadmor and ask when you can come play the course once *you will want to play twice, trust me* to take advantage of the cleaniness of the course. He plays disc golf himself as well. The only thing they ask is of course, no smoking, no alcohol, no drugs, and no pets, and that trip is worth it. I have been humbled by Tadmor.

Comment

hagg

Could somebody post some pics of the new Hagg layout? Love to see current setup Or is there a thread somewhere ive missed with those? Been out of the loop for a little bit

Comment

Camp Dakota ??

Comment

Originally posted by mbr View Post
                    Could somebody post some pics of the new Hagg layout? Love to see current setup
                    It doesn't really LOOK any different than the old layout; it's just that a few baskets that used to be near the edge of the woods (#2, #4, #7, #8, #17) are now out in the wide-open. And a couple of teepads have "merged." The woods holes haven't changed at all.

Old layout: http://www.oregondiscgolf.com/course...Lake-2008.html

New layout: http://www.oregondiscgolf.com/course...Hagg_Lake.html
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                      Just got back home from Camp Tadmor... WOW, anyone want to try it out soon, I suggest you head out there. David from Camp Tadmor was awesome in communicating with us and he even put "Oregon DDGA Welcome" on TWO Marquee signs! Holey Moley, talk about the extra mile! And insurance was only less than a dollar a person, talk about cheap! This course is very true to your game type. Alot of accuracy needed, there are only 1 or two holes that were on the "throw and hope ya get lucky" types, the rest demanded your focus and control. But it was beautifully manicured and upkept, I expected to see alot of debris and fallen trees from storms and there was quite a bit of fallen trees but almost none in the disc flight paths the whole way around, wow! David didn't say nothing about actually using manpower to clear off the paths, but I know he did alotttt of work on the course, so i encourage everyone to call up David at Camp Tadmor and ask when you can come play the course once *you will want to play twice, trust me* to take advantage of the cleaniness of the course. He plays disc golf himself as well. The only thing they ask is of course, no smoking, no alcohol, no drugs, and no pets, and that trip is worth it. I have been humbled by Tadmor.
                      Contact David or the camp host several days in advance if you want a challenge...

David Breshears
                      Guest Service Manager
                      Camp Tadmor
                      (541)451-4270 ext. 30
                      davidb@tadmor.org

Comment

Originally posted by Harpua_OR View Post
                        Camp Dakota ??
                        as the hardest course in Oregon?
                        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I echo what Snap7times said! Camp Tadmor course was awesome!! But I understand that the drawback is that no smoking,no alcohol, no drugs and it doesn't open during the summer season due to the fact that it is private camp. But it was worth trip for me! If you are willing to abandon those no's for the day, then it will be worth to give the course a try!
                          PDGA 38506
                          ODDGA 27
                          DDGA 176
                          2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Especially now while everything is clean and not overgrown etc... Video will come out next week..

Comment

And the answer is exactly as Dion said, Oakway (the super 18, not the layout from the Celebration). To bad you can't play it anymore.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X