X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
    The hardest thing at Hagg is finding the next tee.

ummmm???

there are/were a couple of walk abouts that were unneeded in between holes....but this statement above is "FALSE"

-1 course record before the changes...leads me to the conclusion that the course is pretty F-ing hard.

i want to get out and play Hagg again when do the $5 entries start up again?

Is it in March or April?

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

well by looking at Adam's map i see it is in March that the fee's start up.
      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Washington County's page says "first Saturday of March through the Sunday before Thanksgiving" -- so it may actually be March 7 this year.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Hagg was significantly harder than milo in it's former config. And the record is at least-2. Playing course par assuming hagg is all par 3 and milo has 4's and 5's.

Comment

Not sure about you guys but damn Benson is a pain in my butt!

Okay so maybe not, but Hagg being hard is because of unnatural fairways in the wooded holes, not much for other factors, in my opinion. Considering there was only 1 open hole I didn't birdie in my 2 rounds there, and that being 17 (combined between the two rounds not in each round, mind you.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
              Not sure about you guys but damn Benson is a pain in my butt!
              Nice! Bonus points for this one!
              Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
              Or does here stand the last remaining man
              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

A -2 down by James "The Kid" Moore at a little gathering Michael Raymond put together in '07 (the old placement) is the best i have heard.
                Playing as often as i do i would love to see a three or four down knowing its absolutely possible.
                If any of yawl are feeling strong let me know and i will meet up to film it.
                Mat
                Not as creative as keys

Comment

Y'all ever sailed a yawl?
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Well, I played Hagg today with a couple of friends. Eric's right; the meadow holes have been severely downgraded. The baskets for #2, #7, #8, and #17 (and maybe #5) have been moved significantly away from the edge of trees for no apparent reason. The only holes where none of us managed a three were #10 and #18.

And somehow we missed #13 altogether... twice! (Realized this while looking at the map on the way home.)
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

i've heard alot of people doing that. i think hagg is harder myself, i also think thats why it does't get the respect it desrves, it's to bad they changed things up, that's what made it so good even on the open holes if you messed up just right good luck finding your disc, when you have a bad ass course keep it bad ass, there are lots of easier courses to play not very many rough and tough courses, i also have had a -2 , i basicly lived there when it first opened, i couldn't wait to bring people there because if your familiar with the course you have a great advantage. and the best thing about hagg is that you need both long and finnese to score well, great course wish they would have a tourey there soon

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                        great course wish they would have a tourey there soon
                        Dude. There are NO amenities at this park. Hell there's no place to even PARK at this park. These are hard things to overcome when trying to throw a tournament.
                        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                        Or does here stand the last remaining man
                        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

it would take a shuttle driver, a couple of porti potties, you can look acsross the edge of the lake to the other side and the see the parking and restrooms and picnic area to researve cant be more than a quarter mile to the parking lot i've parked there many times and had to walk to make sure my car was safe didn't seem to take that long to walk . it,s my second favorite course behind whistlers bend so i'd play no matter what and it would be good for sales because nobody would be driving away at lunch time.

Comment

With a new layout Hagg could be one of the best courses in the country.
                            Elevation, open, wooded, it could have it all.
                            Besides the clear cutting its absolutely beautiful and could easily be 27 holes if not 36.
                            I know most of y'all (not yawl) have got to see the potential out there.

1) Redesign

2) Tee pads

3) P.D.G.A. events

4) Throw it in the Oregon series

Not as creative as keys

Comment

Matt, I completely agree. I think that you should add a 5) though. Parking.

The course has to be sitting on 35-45 acres. It could EASILY support two 18 hole courses and would be able to offer the best of what many other courses in our area offer.

That said, I don't think it is as hard as Milo.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

That said, I don't think it is as hard as Milo.
                                Not until the new layout anyways and your right about the parking.
                                Not as creative as keys

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X