X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    I haven't been to lucky at any of the courses. Maybe I'm too busy playing disc golf and having my wife with me doesn't help either. That, AND being old I'm sure is a detriment.

Bob
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Sain Scoggins (Hagg) is pretty hard. I think overall, though, McIver is harder. Gwillim - whose skills I respect a lot - finally managed even par (81) at McIver. Given that it is a 27 and Hagg just 18, I gave the nod to Milo.

You're right, though... that's a HARD course. I am within 6 strokes of the record there, though, and am nowhere near that at Milo, I am sure.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I think McIver is definitely harder than Hagg. The meadow holes at Hagg really aren't difficult at all.

(I gotta get out there before March 1 so I can save the $5 parking fee!)
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Indeed! Hmmmm....
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            The meadow holes at Hagg really aren't difficult at all.
            Or at least wouldn't be as difficult with level and/or cement tee pads.

I haven't made it out there since the remake so hopefully it is much better.
            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Will let you know Sunday. Going out there Saturday afternoon.
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                Or at least wouldn't be as difficult with level and/or cement tee pads.

I haven't made it out there since the remake so hopefully it is much better.
                I think it is not as good as before. A couple of the meadow holes have been downgraded.

Comment

Hagg is really hard!

Hard to park the car when the road crews plow 1-2 foot snow drift in front of the parking lot and you are dumb enough to show up in a clapped out Ford Taurus. It's just as much fun getting back onto the road.
                  Current World Rank: 2857th
                  Lowest Rated Round: 777
                  Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                  Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                  Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                  Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                  Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                  Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

I think it is not as good as before. A couple of the meadow holes have been downgraded.
                    "Downgraded" how? You mean they're easier now?

Hard to park the car when the road crews plow 1-2 foot snow drift in front of the parking lot...
                    Recently???
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I think McIver is definitely harder than Hagg. The meadow holes at Hagg really aren't difficult at all.

I would FU@#ing LOOVE to see you play these holes.
                      and not through your "internet revisionist history"
                      Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                      Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                        I would FU@#ing LOOVE to see you play these holes.
                        and not through your "internet revisionist history"
                        What the hell does that mean? I was just asking what Eric meant by "downgraded."

And I'm not saying I'm going to birdie them; especially not #17. But the fact is, they're mostly out in a wide-open meadow with very few obstacles. And it sounds like with the changes they made, some of them are even further from the obstacles.

I just think Hagg has a tough reputation because of the woods holes (including #18), some of which are downright sadistic.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

What the hell does that mean? I was just asking what Eric meant by "downgraded."

And I'm not saying I'm going to birdie them; especially not #17. But the fact is, they're mostly out in a wide-open meadow with very few obstacles. And it sounds like with the changes they made, some of them are even further from the obstacles.

I just think Hagg has a tough reputation because of the woods holes (including #18), some of which are downright sadistic.
                          Agreed, I was only "Jub'n" you.
                          Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                          Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

The hardest thing at Hagg is finding the next tee.
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

That's certainly true between 8/9, 9/10, and 14/15. A map is a big help.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Holes 2 and 8 in particular look like they have been shortened significantly. Hole 16 may or may not have a tee. I didn't see one.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X