Usdgc state rep Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Usdgc state rep

    Is anyone interested in representing Oregon at the USDGC Performance tournament this year?

    Eligible candidates need to be serious about the following criteria to be considered:

    Afford the time (weekend to weekend)
    Afford the cost of travel
    Have a desire to represent OR
    Display good sportsmanship at disc golf events

    Not requried, but certainly helps your chances: Be a contributor to the sport of disc golf (tournament director, help at work parties, promote the sport, etc.)

    If you meet those standards, then let me know!

    Thanks,
    Dion
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

  • #2
    So...not that many people interested in this years USDGC?
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

    Comment


    • #3
      I nominate Melissa Johnson. She is an absolute crusher on a handicap system, and I truly mean no pun.

      Match after match after match last season at team golf, she took down all comers, great (of rating) and small.

      She is rock steady, error-free, straight down the middle every time, and no wasted putts. I marveled at her consistent winning record as I scored her matches week in and week out throughout the team golf season, especially when I played against her, or even played in her group.

      I think Melissa is the perfect candidate, and would do an outstanding job of representing Oregon in the handicapped side of the USDGC. She cranked out win after win last season of team golf, whether by one shot or a wide margin, I am confident she would shred at the USDGC in this format. She has the perfect formula: Keep shooting rounds slightly better rated than the round before!
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
        I nominate Melissa Johnson. She is an absolute crusher on a handicap system, and I truly mean no pun.

        Match after match after match last season at team golf, she took down all comers, great (of rating) and small.

        She is rock steady, error-free, straight down the middle every time, and no wasted putts. I marveled at her consistent winning record as I scored her matches week in and week out throughout the team golf season, especially when I played against her, or even played in her group.

        I think Melissa is the perfect candidate, and would do an outstanding job of representing Oregon in the handicapped side of the USDGC. She cranked out win after win last season of team golf, whether by one shot or a wide margin, I am confident she would shred at the USDGC in this format. She has the perfect formula: Keep shooting rounds slightly better rated than the round before!
        Vouch!!!!
        PDGA # 31451
        2 Mini Aces
        75 Aces
        PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
        DISC GOLF OR DIE
        BOB CABAL
        DISCVANGO
        JEFF ELLIOT
        G-MAN
        JORDAN LEWIS
        JEFF HAGERTY
        JAMES GARCELON
        SAM GIBSON

        And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

        George Carlin

        Comment


        • #5
          Aww thank you so much for the nominations . I am very honored and would love to accept this nomination.

          Melissa



          . B][/B]
          Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          I nominate Melissa Johnson. She is an absolute crusher on a handicap system, and I truly mean no pun.

          Match after match after match last season at team golf, she took down all comers, great (of rating) and small.

          She is rock steady, error-free, straight down the middle every time, and no wasted putts. I marveled at her consistent winning record as I scored her matches week in and week out throughout the team golf season, especially when I played against her, or even played in her group.

          I think Melissa is the perfect candidate, and would do an outstanding job of representing Oregon in the handicapped side of the USDGC. She cranked out win after win last season of team golf, whether by one shot or a wide margin, I am confident she would shred at the USDGC in this format. She has the perfect formula: Keep shooting rounds slightly better rated than the round before!

          Comment


          • #6
            Hay Dion I would love to put my name in the hat I think I could represent Oregon (and the uk) well and it would be a blast

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by murray the brit View Post
              Hay Dion I would love to put my name in the hat I think I could represent Oregon (and the uk) well and it would be a blast
              If volunteering at work parties paid as it should, Murray would have an all expenses paid trip... The dude is an ANIMAL!

              Thanks again for always being there Murray.
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                If volunteering at work parties paid as it should, Murray would have an all expenses paid trip... The dude is an ANIMAL!

                Thanks again for always being there Murray.
                I second this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by murray the brit View Post
                  Hay Dion I would love to put my name in the hat I think I could represent Oregon (and the uk) well and it would be a blast
                  Murray would be an awesome choice Dion.


                  Cindy
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Last year I believe there was a requirement of a minimum of 8 PDGA rounds and a rating of 875. I am not sure if this is still a requirement for the handicap edition of the USDGC.
                    Innova Champion Discs
                    Discmania
                    huk lab
                    Keen Footwear
                    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
                      Last year I believe there was a requirement of a minimum of 8 PDGA rounds and a rating of 875. I am not sure if this is still a requirement for the handicap edition of the USDGC.
                      Looks like it's the same for this year too. The below was cut and pasted from the 2012 USDGC website.

                      Peformance Flight
                      All Performance Flight candidates and participants must have a PDGA Player Rating of 875 or higher, and must have a minimum of 12 PDGA Rated rounds between November 1, 2011 and October 1, 2012.

                      http://www.usdgc.com/competitors/qualifying
                      Last edited by LegoRules; August 8th, 2012, 06:54 PM.
                      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Certainly some good nominations! However, it looks like neither candidate qualifies on account of a technicality

                        Anyone else?
                        Team DISCRAFT
                        NW Sign Up
                        Gorilla Boy
                        Paragon Disc Golf
                        Odwalla

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Gwillim.
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                            Gwillim.
                            I like it!!
                            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just a couple days left to make this decision or the deadline will pass!!!
                              Innova Champion Discs
                              Discmania
                              huk lab
                              Keen Footwear
                              Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                              Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                              Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X