X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Roc on EBay

I lost my Roc in Dabney pond. I swam around the disgusting muck hole for 2 hours and could not find it. I planned to go back tomorrow due to the fact I was playing the Showdown in Shelton and did not have time. I get back today and there it is on EBay. My name and number are beyond clearly marked on the disc. What should I do about it? The seller is in Gresham(gmacy01) and I have sent a message via EBay. Any suggestions, beside not to throw that disc over water?

Call the Gresham police, as it is clearly against the law.

eBay should also be notified, though in my experience eBay will be worthless- unless the authorities do the contacting.

Since the seller is also potentially selling across state lines, then there is probably a federal authority that could be called upon.

Get this person and it might discourage all the others who do the same thing.

At the very least, if you contact the person and they agree to give it back-post their name here.

Comment

I found the listing, but no name on it that I saw. Did they change the pic? Replace with a generic?
      Did they answer your message?

Comment

call the cops. what a douche bag.

Comment

No response yet. Name on back number on rim. I'm hoping for the best.

Comment

Hope you get your disc back. I know the feeling.

Comment

Thanks Mike. Had a great time playing with you this weekend. Great third round to take second. Always a pleasure to play with people who have fun on the course.

Comment

I can't find this Ebay listing.
                "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Try 2001 USDG championship Roc. That is my Roc. I lost it last week and I know my disc. I offered them $50 and some CE discs for its return as a finders fee.

Comment

Damn that sucks. The only two listings I come up with are both mint CE Rocs.
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

That is f-ed up. I sent a message to the guy asking for pictures of the back. I can't believe what he is trying to sell it for too! Ridiculous and incredibly asinine. Really sorry man.
                      "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

In the process of getting my disc back. Guy bought it from some people at Milo. He is out some money that I will replace with cash and plenty of plastic so he comes out ahead. Was cool enough to pull it from EBay and contact me. I understand his situation and appreciate him getting in contact.

Comment

once you get it will you tell us if it turned out to be the one you lost or are you the proud owner of another 2001 roc? i am interested because there is alot of things that would have needed to happen in a very short timeline for the roc on ebay to be the one that you lost in the pond.
                          Team HOSER:dancing:
                          Team OLY:cheerleader:
                          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

In my opinion, the whole Milo story doesn't add up!

But hey, Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy too right?

How many 175g '01 rocs are there floating around in Gresham? Not literally floating obviously!
                            Don't knock it until you rock it!

Comment

My number matches the one on the disc. My name matches the one on the disc. Must be my disc. Also due to this persons quick response and the effort to pull it from eBay before I even knew he had responded,leads me to believe the Milo story. I have no reason to doubt it based on his actions.
                              Last edited by columbia gorge discgolf; July 23rd, 2012, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X