X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Expo?

So, it's only a dream at this time but I remember the crowds at the Sportsmans Expo back when I had time to fish. This could be a fun fundraising idea, maybe?

So would you pay $5 to come out to a disc golf course where there are clinics going on, vendors, and food? I'm visualizing a flymart on steroids. Oregon/Washington clubs with booths set up, manufacturers with booths and reps on site. Vendors selling discs and gear. Shoe manufacturers, apparel, ect, ect. Distance clinics, putting clinics, seminars on disc selection, ect, ect.

What do you think? Like I said it is only a dream now but something I would like to undertake in the future.

Bob

I would join in the fun.

Of course it would only be to support you. I already know everything there is to know about this game...

Comment

Sounds a lot like that thing Jerry Miller puts on in the fall... the name escapes me.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

world's biggest? or the extravaganza?
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Yes. One of those. Maybe both.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

World's Biggest is in early May, and the Depot is the only vendor.

Comment

we should definitely put one on... a flymart on steriods should be the name... have the pros offer 15 minute clinics for one on one for driving or putting for $5 each. Vendors have booths, organizations promoting their club and projects etc... Sign up for membership, tournaments.. the whole 9 yards... that sounds wayyyy cool... I would suggest it being during same time as a Oregon series event in july or august... Its definitely doable... even if it's small the first time around, should be able to get 10-15 booths first time around easily. And definitely easy to get a whole bunch of instructors and sign ups for these clinics...

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                World's Biggest is in early May, and the Depot is the only vendor.
                Just like Ice Bowl anyone can run Worlds Biggest. It just so happens The Depot team is the only ones to volunteer to run it.

But Yes, Bob It is a good idea
                Last edited by LJ Jubner; February 14th, 2009, 06:41 AM. Reason: added text
                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X