X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basket stolen @ Kitsap Fairgrounds

I along with all of you are getting sick of seeing these threads.

Hole 12, sometime after 4:00pm yesterday. This has been reported to law enforcement. Locals, keep a look-out, maybe these idiots are dumb enough to have it in the back of a pick-up or something. A tone pole will be installed sometime mid-week so players will have something to throw at.
    Last edited by jeffmonty; July 15th, 2012, 01:49 PM. Reason: *
    Basket thieves

Originally posted by jeffmonty View Post
    I along with all of you are getting sick of seeing these threads.

Hole 12, sometime after 4:00pm yesterday. This has been reported to law enforcement. Locals, keep a look-out, maybe these idiots are dumb enough to have it in the back of a pick-up or something. A tone pole will be installed sometime mid-week so players will have something to throw at.
    was this ever resolved? haven't been to fairgrounds in a long while...
    "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

The basket has not been found. The WSDGA is discussing when and how to replace it. A tone pole has been installed so players have a target to throw at. If you play this hole make sure to use a spotter as the pin is blind from the teebox.
      Basket thieves

Comment

The current expectation is that if you play the course after it reopens from the yearly closure for the Kitsap County Fair (Aug 22-26), there will likely be a replacement in place.

It is unlikely that a replacement will occur before the yearly course closure for the fair.

Also take note that course conditions take a little time from year to year following the fair to return to normal, as its not unheard of for there to be horse related "remnants" on some of the fairways after Fair Week.

The current tone pole is nicely done and well marked as such from the tee area. It was also done well in how it displays information for reporting knowledge about the basket loss. I was impressed with the interim solution.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X