X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Courses in Oregon/Washington

Wanted to get the input from the locals that know. I will be traveling to the area from Raleigh, NC and want to know where to play. I am an open pro and will have time to play 1 or 2 in Portland/Willamette area and maybe one in Seattle area. Not sure if this the right thread but I would appreciate your input. Thanks guys.

In OR:

If you're going to go to Portland, I think it's a shorter drive to Milo Mciver (East of Portland) than to Horning's Hideout (West of Portland), but I'd play both. Milo is my favorite course in the state. Open fields, giant Doug Firs, elevation, and tricky holes in the woods. Just fantastic. Although it does help to have someone with you to show you around.

I live in the Willamette Valley (Corvallis), and my favorite course around is Adair Park. Good all around park. Although Bryant park is fun, too (albeit more challenging).
    It's not whether you've won or lost, it's how many beers you were driven to drink after you're done.

Comment

Seatac/Wa........Milo/Or.........

Comment

Shelton springs. Shelton Wa. Enough said

Comment

Willamette Valley: Adair Park - With some recent pin positions and a new par four in the woods, the course has had a lot of work done on it this summer and it is looking great.

Portland: Pier Park - Great city park with some very memorable holes.

East of Portland (Estacada) - Milo McIver state park has one of the best courses in the world, no joke. I'm not sure if it is in the 27 hole layout or the two 18's right now, but either way it is a treat to play, and one of the most fair and fun courses ever designed.

Washington - Shelton. I have only played it once and it was instantly one of my favorite courses in the state. New course, but great design with some technical par fours and fives.

Washington - Ft. Steilacoom Park is a fun course to play. There are several layouts and many many baskets and tee pads, you could find a local to show you around or just go play safari, either one is good imo.
          Team DISCRAFT
          NW Sign Up
          Gorilla Boy
          Paragon Disc Golf
          Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by maco capo View Post
            If your thinking about Shelton, now is the time! Its in its best shape ever!
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by maco capo View Post
              agreed, i've played in a number of states at a number of courses...this is one of the best around.
              "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Shelton Springs and Milo McIver

Comment

Another vote for Bryant, love that park!
                  'Weekend 4 Women':
                  Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                  Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

there's an abundance of wonderful and enjoyable courses in oregon and washington, people have listed bunches of them and i agree with the recommendations... i would add, if you're heading down corvallis way, to hit up willamette park while you're down there. adair's a great park, too, i happen to like willamette a little better (i think it's 'cause there's more birdie looks at willamette for me than adair. i'll be honest).

all that being said, if you are strapped for time here's the long and short of it:

oregon: milo

washington: shelton springs

and if you're in portland and have time for a round i would recommend playing pier park (especially if you have time earlier in the day on weekday) instead of hitting up a park outside of portland. plenty of good ones, but pier's a gem.

have fun!

emma
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Four Mounds is good golf if you like to be challenged. Too bad you won't be over on the east side of Washington. As for Oregon, I'd say Milo for sure. There just isn't enough good things that can be said about those courses ever. If all disc golf courses were like Milo, there would be no shortage of happy golfers.
                      Last edited by General Scales; July 11th, 2012, 01:55 PM. Reason: Forgot about Milo
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

By the numbers

Milo on Disc Golf Scene
                        Milo on DG Course Review
                        Springs on Disc Gof Scene
                        Springs on DG Course Review
                        sigpic

Comment

wow, thanks for the input! I will be posting on the other thread about meeting up to play if anyone is interested in giving a southern boy a tour around Milo. date yet to be determined, most likely Aug 11.

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                            Another vote for Bryant, love that park!
                            Just played this course for the first time today! it was challenging and still very fun.

Comment

For Oregon, I'd go with Milo and Pier, Horning's if you have time.

In Washington, of course you can't go wrong with Shelton, but if it's too much of a detour I'll second the vote for Fort Steilacoom, but if you go to Steilly, you NEED to post first and find a local (plenty up here) to guide you through a few of the stronger layouts.
                              PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                              dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X