X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Damn... I was looking forward to playing here someday. Sorry that I won't get the chance but more sorry for the number of locals who will lose out on a regular destination... and for the Papas for their loss.

I wonder, though... what would prevent you from having tournaments on your property and leaving the course up for you and your invited friends to play?
    I was wondering this same thing. I understand closing the course to the public, but will the course stay for personal use?
    Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

So sorry to hear this Scott. Dalaiwood has always been one of my favorite courses and Howliewood, well, I'm not sure if it's ok to talk about, but Howliewood has definitely set the bar as an insanely fun, affordable, and ridiculously awesome event.

Thank you for sacrificing privacy during your years of service in the disc golf community.

WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

UGH!!! I am Bumbed to hear this! I got to play there 8-10 times and be in the worlds Biggest Ace Race last year, but it doesn't make it any easier to hear.
        Scott and Jeanne, best wishes and let us know if we can do ANYTHING to help. Most of the times I played there, either Scott or Jeanne would come out and show just how gracious they were by greeting me if they were out and shooting the breeze for a few. not to mention letting complete strangers on their property to share the thing we all love. This Sucks......
        Best Wishes Scott and Jeanne and THANK YOU for the time you gave EVERYONE out at your place.

Comment

This is sad indeed. Mazza and I will be there Sat morning. We gota play Daliawood one last time...
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

Comment

I have never got to play this course and will not be able to because everyone I know is busy and I have no car, but if I can get someone to ride up I will be out there to play for this one time.
            PDGA # 31451
            2 Mini Aces
            74 Aces
            PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
            DISC GOLF OR DIE
            BOB CABAL
            DISCVANGO
            JEFF ELLIOT
            G-MAN
            JORDAN LEWIS
            JEFF HAGERTY
            JAMES GARCELON
            SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Scott, it was a real pleasure to meet you and play the course the few times I was able to. I really appreciate the op to come to your place and play what has turned out to be one of my favorite courses. Best wishes to you all, and I look forward to seeing you at a tourny some day.

-- Getty
              Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Wow.........sad..........i am so bumbed with this news and so sorry. I know there is more to life than disc golf as you are well aware especailly now with the extended family. What a great course and i just want to thank you for the unlimited invitations you gave to all of us ...........your events were and will always be second to none..........pure fun!!!
                WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

So sorry, Papa's. We all know where your hearts and intentions are. Thanks for all you've done for your community. You've made a huge difference. And I'm sure you will continue to do so, in one way or another.

Comment

Well it was fun while it lasted!! Thank you Dalaiwood for all the fun!!!!
                    Hukin since 1992
                    DGOD #115

Comment

Only one more day!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                        Well it was fun while it lasted!! Thank you Dalaiwood for all the fun!!!!
                        Hey, that was me shaking hands with Scott Papa. What a wonderful piece of heaven out there. Had a great time at the course today...

Comment

well it was nice to see you

Comment

so what happens to all the pro-shop stuff? opening in new location/storage/mobile tournament shop? I am looking for a practice basket, possibly to get at the end of august. I hope to get a Mach lite type (foldable) to take when I travel with the fam (minimal space requirements).

Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
                              so what happens to all the pro-shop stuff? opening in new location/storage/mobile tournament shop? I am looking for a practice basket, possibly to get at the end of august. I hope to get a Mach lite type (foldable) to take when I travel with the fam (minimal space requirements).

Just wondering.
                              Scott will only be selling on-line now. Go to Ebay and it's under "Hyzer Farm".
                              Last edited by jeffmonty; July 7th, 2012, 07:41 PM. Reason: sp
                              Basket thieves

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
                                Hey, that was me shaking hands with Scott Papa. What a wonderful piece of heaven out there. Had a great time at the course today...
                                Well it was nice to meet you! Mabe next time we meet it will be for better times
                                Hukin since 1992
                                DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X