X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator that needs to be removed...

This post will be sent to the person who runs this site. I posted a detailed description of a work party that was planned for yesterday last Tuesday. This work party provided lunch and we spent $$$ on a backhoe and a gravel compactor. Some "MODERATOR" deleted this post.. Not a good move. I also spoke with the General Store about a tournament that they were trying to run a few months ago. The manager of the general store went on this forum and posted the info about this tourney. His info was also deleted. He had spoke to Gordy and Bob about running their tourney and promoting it for them. 10 people showed up and they lost money. Things in Soakane are just peachy though. 2 people showed up and helped out and we still got a LOT done!! We are working today too. This post will be reposted SEVERAL 1000 times if need be by several different people until there are some quality answers for my question which is this. Does a Moderator that filters out quality disc golf content deserve the responsibility of being a moderator?
    Relax and enjoy your hair
    TNT Yardworks.com

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
    This post will be sent to the person who runs this site. I posted a detailed description of a work party that was planned for yesterday last Tuesday. This work party provided lunch and we spent $$$ on a backhoe and a gravel compactor. Some "MODERATOR" deleted this post.. Not a good move. I also spoke with the General Store about a tournament that they were trying to run a few months ago. The manager of the general store went on this forum and posted the info about this tourney. His info was also deleted. He had spoke to Gordy and Bob about running their tourney and promoting it for them. 10 people showed up and they lost money. Things in Soakane are just peachy though. 2 people showed up and helped out and we still got a LOT done!! We are working today too. This post will be reposted SEVERAL 1000 times if need be by several different people until there are some quality answers for my question which is this. Does a Moderator that filters out quality disc golf content deserve the responsibility of being a moderator?
    The Camp Sekani work party post was moved to the Work Party sub forum where it still is now. No idea about the other post.

Comment

I'm no tournament player, so I never look in "Events." It's hard for me to look at a work party as an event. It's just a work party, and anyone would want the widest possible outreach from their disc golf communications channels to get a helping hand or two.

Maybe such posts shouldn't be seen as loiterers or trespassers by the topic cops. I mean, nobody has to read a thread that says, "Work Party," but it's nice if they have a good chance of seeing that it's there. Think of it as a "public service announcement." Putting it on the front page, above the fold, would be a public service.

I don't know whether any mod needs the boot. It would simply seem that a policy change from on high might be needed.
      Last edited by Ol' Bob; July 1st, 2012, 07:44 PM.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        I'm no tournament player, so I never look in "Events." It's hard for me to look at a work party as an event. It's just a work party, and anyone would want the widest possible outreach from their disc golf communications channels to get a helping hand or two.

Maybe such posts shouldn't be seen as loiterers or trespassers by the topic cops. I mean, nobody has to read a thread that says, "Work Party," but it's nice if they have a good chance of seeing that it's there. Think of it as a "public service announcement." Putting it on the front page, above the fold, would be a public service.

I don't know whether any mod needs the boot. It would simply seem that a policy change from on high might be needed.
        Go to any of the Events subforums. What is there? Threads and posts about events, basically tournaments. Go to the Work Parties subforum. What is there? Threads and posts about work parties. Now go to the Disc Golf subforum, which is where as I remember this thread was originally. Do you see any threads about work parties there? Do you see any threads about work parties in the Events subforums?

What is the deal with this mindset that everything that happens is a conspiracy or "cops"? So far as a moderator I've been called disrespectful for *gasp* adding dates to the title of an event thread, told to "settle down" for removing multiple threads spammed all over the place because someone didn't get their frisbee in time, and now I need to be removed for putting a work party thread in the work party subforum where all the work party threads are. Oh, and I'm a "cop"? WTF?

Is there something wrong with just doing what everyone else does and putting the information where everyone expects to find it? Most people don't have a problem with it. If you want more attention to a thread, it's pretty simple: re-post to it and bump it.

Comment

Pretty hard to re-post it and bump it if you can't find it anywhere. If you move somebody's topic please let them know. It's pretty frustrating and I don't have a lot of time to go searching. I went and looked on the Camp Sekani Posting under SDGA and it wasn't there either. It was in my opinion front page news and it would have been better left there. My guess is the General Store tournament had the same fate but it sure doesn't make the site functional when you don't let the person who posted know that you moved it.
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I don't even know where that sub thread is. Never been on it before....
            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Part of the problem is the organization of the site. Most Spokane forum users will read the SDGA, High Bridge, and Downriver subforums, and probably general as well. Posts like this would probably just clutter the general forum, so I understand moving them from there.

On the other hand, I don't think having a Work Party subforum makes any sense. Are there people that browse that forum and attend work parties around the region? It makes a lot more sense to me to tie those topics to the organizing club or the course where the work party is to be held.

Yoduh, I think that you should ask a site administrator to create both a Camp Sekani forum and a Disc Golf Uprising forum, and that will help you organize stuff like this without thread movement.

As for tournaments, those are often regionally important so I think a Tournament forum makes a lot of sense, at least for B tiers and above. I think that moderators should overlook double postings for tournaments if they are in the forum for the correct course or club, however, or maybe just lock one and link to the other.
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Pretty hard to re-post it and bump it if you can't find it anywhere. If you move somebody's topic please let them know. It's pretty frustrating and I don't have a lot of time to go searching. I went and looked on the Camp Sekani Posting under SDGA and it wasn't there either. It was in my opinion front page news and it would have been better left there. My guess is the General Store tournament had the same fate but it sure doesn't make the site functional when you don't let the person who posted know that you moved it.
                If a I have to notify someone every time I move, delete, sticky, unsticky or otherwise moderate a post I will remove myself. But you are right that I should have left a re-direct and I will in the future. My apologies for ruining attendance at your work party.

As to where your thread was and where it went, if you wanted it under the SDGA sub-forum you should have put it there. You put it in the Disc Golf sub-forum, where it was bumped off the "front page" and buried much faster than in the Work Parties sub-forum. So I moved it to Work Parties where every other person who posts about a work party puts their thread, so that MORE people would see it.

I'm pretty sure everyone thinks that their work parties are important too, including the person who posted about a work party after you did and bumped yours off the "front page". Please check out the Work Parties subforum and let us know which work parties are more important than the others and should be moved to the "front page" and kept there by the moderators.

Next time you may want to contact the locals most likely to attend your work party directly as well as posting here. It seems like that will probably be more effective than a single post immediately buried under twenty five other posts in the Disc Golf sub-forum, especially if you are far too busy to check on the thread and re-post to it to keep it on the front page.

As for the General Store tournament thread - where was it posted? Are you sure it was posted at all? Was it in Washington Events? Did you look for it when it was posted? When was it posted? Have you looked around for it before deciding that a conspirator deleted it? I'm sure the moderator team can get to the bottom of this with some crack investigative work and punish the guilty party.

Comment

I don't even know where that sub thread is. Never been on it before....
                  The Work Parties sub-forum is on the Front Page. It's called "Work Parties" and it is where every other Work Party thread is, and always has been located. Some people also post about their work parties in the "New Courses" sub-forum which is also on the Front Page, and seems pretty reasonable. Or you could do both, or do both and also maintain your own thread about Camp Sekani in which you could also post about a work party.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                    Part of the problem is the organization of the site. Most Spokane forum users will read the SDGA, High Bridge, and Downriver subforums, and probably general as well. Posts like this would probably just clutter the general forum, so I understand moving them from there.

On the other hand, I don't think having a Work Party subforum makes any sense. Are there people that browse that forum and attend work parties around the region? It makes a lot more sense to me to tie those topics to the organizing club or the course where the work party is to be held.

Yoduh, I think that you should ask a site administrator to create both a Camp Sekani forum and a Disc Golf Uprising forum, and that will help you organize stuff like this without thread movement.

As for tournaments, those are often regionally important so I think a Tournament forum makes a lot of sense, at least for B tiers and above. I think that moderators should overlook double postings for tournaments if they are in the forum for the correct course or club, however, or maybe just lock one and link to the other.
                    So rather than prevent it from being buried and moving it to Work Parties, I should have guessed what sub-sub forum that even less people look at to put it in? Then I should lock them and link them? I'm too busy for all that and the moderator pay sucks.

Comment

General Store

Golly gee, look what I found BURIED in the Downriver sub-sub-sub-forum. Is this the missing post? This poster has three posts on the site, none of which have been deleted. This event post could have used some help from a moderator so that someone would have actually seen it or replied to the thread.

http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7889

Comment

I am curious why the facebook page is not the primary source for info?
                        rewindb.com

Comment

Does anyone ever considering cordially asking a question about what might have happened anymore?

Nope, it's almost always a case of confrontational crap laced with false accusations, incomplete information and a side order of the typical bullshit.

A simple question would have solved this entire mess... without hollow threats or the need to "remove" anyone.
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                            Golly gee, look what I found BURIED in the Downriver sub-sub-sub-forum. Is this the missing post? This poster has three posts on the site, none of which have been deleted. This event post could have used some help from a moderator so that someone would have actually seen it or replied to the thread.

http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7889
                            if you check the date on this it WAS LAST YEARS !!

Comment

I asked that a Sekani/ Disc Golf Uprising Page be made long ago. Never happened. When something vanishes with no explanation and there are a lot of resources for a project it's a tough when you realize that there hasn't been anyone notified. The General Store Tournament was not originally posted on that page. It was moved as well but it's impossible for the person new to this forum to find their post because they expect to find it where it is. I understand if this is to much work for a moderator. Putting a link to where it was moved would be helpful. I apologize for being a little heated asking for a moderator removal. After putting in a FULL day and having spent a bit of money it was disappointing that we weren't closer to pouring concrete.
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X