X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 years of disc golf!!

Its official people!!! I started playing the game in June of 1992 in Sacramento, CA. I called Shady Oaks (OV/Orangevale) my home course. I also played Albert schwitzer (lil Africa), Condon Park in Grassvalley, Del Campo high school (DC), Rocklyn, and Auburn. I realy do need to get down to Cali and play some of my old courses again, just to see what 20 years of hukin plastic has shown me
    So how many people that lurk here are in the 20 year and above mark??
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

not me. I was 1.5 years old in June 1992
    Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

25+ years

Comment

My dad had us hucking beach discs at trees at scout camp that year. Then for 10 years I wondered what those funky chain trees were. . . fastforward to 2007 at ASU watching guys with more free time than I would ever dream of having (4 kids and a wife to support while in school full time), chucking discs and hittin chains reminded me of the good-ol-times and I vowed to pick up a disc again. . . after graduation. been playing for 2 years solid now. . . not 25 straight through, not official, but it's the thought that counts
        Last edited by bstullis; June 22nd, 2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

we held an olympics competition in my neighborhood the year of the montreal olympics (1976). one of the events was whammo golf on a telephone pole course. one time in my college town my buddy shanked a whammo drive into a car parked in a driveway. irate housewife came out and said 'don't you have anything better to do?' the answer then remains the same today - no.

Comment

I threw a frisbee in a parking lot behind a strip mall in LA about 25 years ago...

I started playing disc golf 8 years ago.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

24 years, started in Lafreniere Park in Metairie LA. 1 of the first 50 disc golf courses. Played tourneys in the south. Went to AM Worlds in 1991. Motorcity! Took me 22 years to qualify as a masters player.

Been hitting trees in the Pacific NW for 18 years.

Disc Golf is great - fun, camaraderie, sportsmanship, & exercise. Long live frisbee!

Comment

In 1984 I threw my first disc at Oceans of Fun in Kansas City. 17 years later I threw my second.....
                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Not quite.........18 years this coming october. Started october 1994 with a discraft marauder (sp?) at fort steilacoom. Played in my first tournament 2003 winter series at seatac when it was only nine holes.
                  WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                    Not quite.........18 years this coming october. Started october 1994 with a discraft marauder (sp?) at fort steilacoom. Played in my first tournament 2003 winter series at seatac when it was only nine holes.
                    I loved my 183g. Marauder, one of the best low flying late turnover disc's I have ever thrown.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
                      I had a Marauder, I called it Cowboy. First disc I ever bought was a Roc in 1991 when I first played on baskets. My other discs were a cyclone and a "X-press" or something like that. I probably only played 25 times from 1991-2006. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Comment

Been throwing Frisbees since 1984 (4 years old)

Been chucking discs since 2007.
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

starting playing ultimate frisbee in 1979 in Perry Iowa (UFO's). Moved on to the Arizona Plastic Surgeons in Tempe, AZ, and mucho ultimate in the Pacific NW. 31 years of ultimate ended with the 2nd blown ACL, so I found the love of disc golf. Played the original Papago Park in Phoenix in the early 80's and quit playing until they built the Lake Stevens course.

Still looking for a 3rd ACL and a putting lesson.

Comment

Threw my first frisbee (Pluto Platter) in 1965. Started hitting trees with Superpros in 1975. First Ultimate game at Camp LSU in '78, first overall competition in '79.
                            Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

I started when i was 17, I am now 41 and still throwing. So 24 years in the bag. Uh!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X