Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing catch with Frisbees since I was about 5.
    Playing disc golf 18 years now.. half my life!
    Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

I started playing in 1978 when I was 30. My then brother in law(thanks Doug Martin) dragged me to the worlds first basket course that Ed Hedrick installed in 1976 .I was hooked immediately and played nearly every day for the next four years. The discs in the old days really reacted to the wind and were so fun to watch fly. Didn't sign up to the pdga until much later. I got to play with folks like Tim Selinski , Stork, The lissamen twins, stokeley,Paul Harris, and the whole crew of regulars, like Tom Embree, The Rico's, etc. Very glad to have discovered Disc Golf.

Comment

Hey Mikk,

Sorry I didn't catch this post earlier. My Sister and Ex -husband (tony klinger) got me into playing around the same time. They lived about 1 mile from Del Campo. I started playing there, at Schwitzer, and of course Shady Oaks. I then moved to Oregon late in 1992 and since then they have installed over 20 courses, maybe more up here. I still have relatives in O'vale and play Auburn and Grass Valley too at least once a year.

Cheers

Comment

i was born on a disc golf course... altho, of course, back then we called it a frizbee golf course...
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
            i was born on a disc golf course... altho, of course, back then we called it a frizbee golf course...
            so bad-ass!
            Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

I have the urge to post a Pinkal's mom joke - I WILL REFRAIN

Comment

Next March will be 10 years for me. Still love it but I still suck at it

Comment

Z-man

Originally posted by PDX_Stu View Post
                  Hey Mikk,

Sorry I didn't catch this post earlier. My Sister and Ex -husband (tony klinger) got me into playing around the same time. They lived about 1 mile from Del Campo. I started playing there, at Schwitzer, and of course Shady Oaks. I then moved to Oregon late in 1992 and since then they have installed over 20 courses, maybe more up here. I still have relatives in O'vale and play Auburn and Grass Valley too at least once a year.

Cheers
                  Stu, by any chance did you know Ernie Szeremi?
                  He moved to Oregon from the same area about the same time.
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                    Who can one-up that?

Comment

Originally posted by maco capo View Post
                      Who can one-up that?
                      Uh, No One....

I picked up my 1st disc on March 10th, 2011. I have played at LEAST 2-3 times per week since that day. A bit over a year and Disc Golf is like my Cocaine. I just can't stop. The 1st time a Driver came out of my hand and went over 300ft. I was in complete Aw, but also Doomed into the Life of a Discer. Now, I find myself telling my Wife, "I....I....I.... Just need ONE MORE DISC, then I'll Stop Babe. I SWEAR......"
                      Hoping to be playing OPEN Division before I am 35 and be Pro before 40. If my Wife doesn't stab me to Death with a Screw Driver first for buying another Disc...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X