charging for returned discs Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I understand the issue and I can see why someone might be upset about the whole process. with that said, is there any way to resolve the issue by asking him directly? I mean coming here and posting this in the long run will server no purpose other than to make you feel better about your own opinion by getting people to side with you. Go right up to the guy and ask him to "ask" for donations and not ask for payment. Let him know that anything he gets for his time you would like to see put to the new course.
    He can actually spend the money any way he wants. He has no obligation to put it toward anything he doesn't want to. The fact that he said it was for the new course is pretty cool but checking up on it is useless because he has the right to spend the money how he sees fit. It is his time and effort, and he should be rewarded in some way. Maybe clarify that with him and resolve it that way.

    Comment


    • #32
      Here is what I have been doing...I made a disc catcher to get one of my favorite discs back from Lakewood.I have returned over a 100 discs out of Lakewood,turned them into Kieth for in store credit,which I think is awsome! I have given players thier discs back at Lakewood when I'm fishin.I never got back my disc back with my huge catcher,but someone else returned it to Kieth.I'm now returning discs back to Kieth again but now I'm asking the owner of these returned discs to donate a new or used disc so I can send them to Kenya.I have asked for support here before and got very little response from my fellow golfers,so now maybe this will get someone else involved in helping the kids in Kenya.Chainbangers have said they are behind me in this.Thanks Kieth...It takes time and money to go fishin,I enjoy finding fellow golfers discs but if I throw a disc in the water I cosider it gone until I go fishin for it.Thats my 2 cents...

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by EL DOTRRE View Post
        Here is what I have been doing...I made a disc catcher to get one of my favorite discs back from Lakewood.I have returned over a 100 discs out of Lakewood,turned them into Kieth for in store credit,which I think is awsome! I have given players thier discs back at Lakewood when I'm fishin.I never got back my disc back with my huge catcher,but someone else returned it to Kieth.I'm now returning discs back to Kieth again but now I'm asking the owner of these returned discs to donate a new or used disc so I can send them to Kenya.I have asked for support here before and got very little response from my fellow golfers,so now maybe this will get someone else involved in helping the kids in Kenya.Chainbangers have said they are behind me in this.Thanks Kieth...It takes time and money to go fishin,I enjoy finding fellow golfers discs but if I throw a disc in the water I cosider it gone until I go fishin for it.Thats my 2 cents...
        If you lose your wallet, do you just give up and consider it lost?? If I find your wallet, and ask for $500 for it's return, is that ok?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Jreynolds View Post
          If you lose your wallet, do you just give up and consider it lost?? If I find your wallet, and ask for $500 for it's return, is that ok?
          If you "lost" your wallet trying to huck it 200 ft across a lake and left without retrieving it, then yes he can ask whatever he wants for fishing it out. You also always have the option of saying no...

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by tmiller View Post
            If you "lost" your wallet trying to huck it 200 ft across a lake and left without retrieving it, then yes he can ask whatever he wants for fishing it out. You also always have the option of saying no...
            Yeah I find that most wallets aren't very high speed stable.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by tmiller View Post
              If you "lost" your wallet trying to huck it 200 ft across a lake and left without retrieving it, then yes he can ask whatever he wants for fishing it out. You also always have the option of saying no...
              The reason I don't throw expensive plastic is because of comments like this...makes me sick!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by tmiller View Post
                If you "lost" your wallet trying to huck it 200 ft across a lake and left without retrieving it, then yes he can ask whatever he wants for fishing it out. You also always have the option of saying no...
                So you are claiming that WHERE you find it determines how much of a reward to ask... If you find my wallet in a lake, you will demand a reward. What if I get hammered and leave it at the bar? So if you find my disc in a tree, or in tall weeds off the fairway, you will return it for free, but a lake is too much? Who draws the line?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Jreynolds View Post
                  So you are claiming that WHERE you find it determines how much of a reward to ask... If you find my wallet in a lake, you will demand a reward. What if I get hammered and leave it at the bar? So if you find my disc in a tree, or in tall weeds off the fairway, you will return it for free, but a lake is too much? Who draws the line?
                  Man, this topic really gets people going To clarify, I return all discs I find for free and ask nothing in return. I just happen to agree with the people that say when they leave the course without it, it's gone. If I happen to get one back, then bonus, but you talk like it is an expectation. Part of your disc selection on any particular hole should take into account the risk of losing the disc and how willing you are to part with it forever (this thread started talking about a diver pulling discs out of water, but this could apply to any shot). All my comment was getting at is that your wallet analogy is ridiculous. Of course I would return a wallet I found anywhere, same as a disc. The difference is you don't take willing, conscious risks with your wallet like we do when throwing plastic.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

                    ~ Cyndi Lauper ~

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by tmiller View Post
                      Man, this topic really gets people going To clarify, I return all discs I find for free and ask not in return. I just happen to agree with the people that say when they leave the course without it, it's gone. If I happen to get one back, then bonus, but you talk like it is an expectation. Part of your disc selection on any particular hole should take into account the risk of losing the disc and how willing you are to part with it forever (this thread started talking about a diver pulling discs out of water, but this could apply to any shot). All my comment was getting at is that your wallet analogy is ridiculous. Of course I would return a wallet I found anywhere, same as a disc. The difference is you don't take willing, conscious risks with your wallet like we do when throwing plastic.
                      The wallet analogy is right on point. It is something that belongs to me, that the finder can easily identify and contact the rightful owner. Either you return property that belongs to someone else, or you don't. I guess this is a moral debate, cuz there is no grey area, either you return found property, or you dont. I would return your disc, wallet, car, wife, or anything else I found of yours that was lost. there is actually a law against having someone else's stuff, it's called receiving stolen property. So, if I dont pay this guys ransom, and I report it stolen, then he becomes a thief, and if he sells it, the buyer is receiving stolen property, which is also illegal.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        To the diver dude this thread is about : First of all i found a nice snorkle and mask on hole #6 is this yours ?? Also i have 2 disc in the water on ALT #2 throwing RHBH hyzer.. Almost pin high 30ft out 5-6ft deep. Orange Destroyer , Blue Destroyer name and # on both . The blue D is not mine, i was holding it for a buddy till he gets back in the state.. Sorry ALDO .I will gladly pay 10$ for your service cause i know the $$$$ is going towards a new course in the Tri-Cities and i know i will see the same peeps on here playing that NEW course.. P.S : even more if you can get them back before the ROCKWELL OPEN
                        PDGA # 52916
                        CRDGC
                        TCDGC
                        FWWDGC
                        PDGC

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Jreynolds View Post
                          The wallet analogy is right on point. It is something that belongs to me, that the finder can easily identify and contact the rightful owner. Either you return property that belongs to someone else, or you don't. I guess this is a moral debate, cuz there is no grey area, either you return found property, or you dont. I would return your disc, wallet, car, wife, or anything else I found of yours that was lost. there is actually a law against having someone else's stuff, it's called receiving stolen property. So, if I dont pay this guys ransom, and I report it stolen, then he becomes a thief, and if he sells it, the buyer is receiving stolen property, which is also illegal.
                          I should just let this be, but I'm having fun. You state "It is something that belongs to me...". This is where we differ. I would say belonged to you, right up to the point you threw it in a lake. Unless you go get it of course then it still belongs to you. There are other things that are illegal, like throwing things on the ground (or in the water) and leaving them there, it's calling littering. When you put your garbage on the curb and the truck takes it away does it still belong to you? What if some of it has your name and contact info on it? Maybe the definition that is causing the problem is "lost". If you know where your disc is in the water but choose not to go in yourself is it lost, or abandoned?

                          Kidding and debate aside, I would return your discs (or anything else) to you too. We just differ on how we feel about plastic we lose or throw away. Obviously I think it would be nice if everyone returned every lost disc. When I lose a disc that I want back I do what it takes to find it, otherwise I place the fault on myself and the disc is gone.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by tmiller View Post
                            I should just let this be, but I'm having fun. You state "It is something that belongs to me...". This is where we differ. I would say belonged to you, right up to the point you threw it in a lake. Unless you go get it of course then it still belongs to you. There are other things that are illegal, like throwing things on the ground (or in the water) and leaving them there, it's calling littering. When you put your garbage on the curb and the truck takes it away does it still belong to you? What if some of it has your name and contact info on it? Maybe the definition that is causing the problem is "lost". If you know where your disc is in the water but choose not to go in yourself is it lost, or abandoned?

                            Kidding and debate aside, I would return your discs (or anything else) to you too. We just differ on how we feel about plastic we lose or throw away. Obviously I think it would be nice if everyone returned every lost disc. When I lose a disc that I want back I do what it takes to find it, otherwise I place the fault on myself and the disc is gone.
                            The fault is definitely no one else's but my own when I throw a disc in the water as well. Maybe I have bad feelings about lost and returned discs because of my past of lost discs never getting back to me (only one put in a lost and found in over a year, probably 15 lost that never showed up), while I ALWAYS return discs. I no longer expect my discs to be returned, but I guess the ransom idea just rubs me the wrong way. Dave, good luck in getting your discs back, maybe you oughta put that found mask and snorkel to good use... Plus, if you find other ppls discs, you can charge them $5 a disc, and make some extra beer $$$!!!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Thats not my style I give disc back for FREE !! and if you haven't noticed i'm a non drinker ..
                              PDGA # 52916
                              CRDGC
                              TCDGC
                              FWWDGC
                              PDGC

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by tmiller View Post
                                When you put your garbage on the curb and the truck takes it away does it still belong to you? What if some of it has your name and contact info on it? Maybe the definition that is causing the problem is "lost". If you know where your disc is in the water but choose not to go in yourself is it lost, or abandoned?
                                If someone tries to use my property that I put on the curb knowing it was going to the dump, it is still mine. Your trash is YOUR trash according to the law. This also applies to lost property that is found regardless of how or where it was lost. It takes a while for the "abandonment" issue to come into play so not much issue there.

                                If I leave my bike on the corner and walk away from it with no intention of returning for it (but you don't know my intention), is it OK for you to take it?

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X