Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have no proof that my money would go towards the new course... Plus, the club prez said "he can just throw your disc back in the water", on top of being horribly immature, what good would that serve the "new course", that my money is SUPPOSEDLY going to

Comment

I have no problem with being charged a "finders fee." Really the moment I walked away from a lost or drowned disc I gave up my ownership rights, otherwise I would have worked harder to get it back. The NIDGC has a similar system of a small (albeit optional) donation and works with a local diver. All unlcaimed discs are then sold at a very reduced rate to try to get cheap discs in the hands of potentially new players. This benefits us all and creates added funds to the club for the many projects that we undertake. Sorry though, there is probably not a paper trail, just a work trail leftover by all of the hard working NIDGC volunteers.

Comment

I played Monday doubles at lake stevens last night. For some reason I kept putting my partners disc in my bag. It happened all round. By the end of the night I had "found" 3 of his discs. I did not ask for a finders fee. I am above that! All I demanded from him for returnng his discs was a cold beverage.

Comment

Look at it this way. If you loose a disc, consider it gone for ever and replace said disc. If it gets returned, then its a bonus. Throwing "CE" and or expencive/non-replaceable plastic = foolish to think it would ever get returned. This sucks I know but thats how most people are "finders-keepers". There are cool people that will return plastic, and they help spread the word about returning lost discs. A person who "finds" a lost disc has the right to ask for a donation or what ever for returning it. They took the time to call YOU, so YOU should be greatful. Most the time when I get a call about lost plastic, I tell the person to keep it. If I want it back, I tell them I have a 5$ reward for its return. This way everybody is happy and no fights break out
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

Comment

A person who finds something (including a disc) does not have a right to ask for anything in return as a finders fee. It doesn't matter if the person "abandoned" it or not, it still belongs to that person as long as they are the true owner of said item. Ownership is not 9/10ths of the law!

That being said, chipping a few bucks in to get a disc back is good karma and I appreciate all those who have found a disc and called the RIGHTFUL owner

Comment

^ thank you!! Finally someone gets what I am saying!! If you find some ones wallet, are you allowed to use their credit cards?? According to some of you, they "abandoned" their property, so its now rightfully the finders, WRONG!! Is it right if you find someones wallet, to demand they give you half the money in their accounts, and if they don't, that you will throw their wallet in the river?? No, it is absolutely wrong to treat someone like that, whether its a wallet or a disc!!

Comment

hello

Comment

A few years ago there were some heated discussions this forum regarding a person who would dive for discs and either charge for their return or post them straight o Craigslist. I asked a police officer if this was legal. He said that if someone puts their name an number on the USC it is reasonable to assume that they won't it back. Therefor, it is not abandoned property and it is not legal o keep or sell back.

Comment

For those in WA state, read this section
                    Last edited by Cornwall, Esq.; June 22nd, 2012, 08:47 AM. Reason: link

Comment

Originally posted by Cornwall, Esq. View Post

seriously??? you dont really expect people to go through and find an answer in all that do you? why dont you find the answer in all that and then post the answer or the direct link.
                      Team HOSER:dancing:
                      Team OLY:cheerleader:
                      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Well, if people wanted to really know what property law was in this state, they'd read all of it. Only about 40 minutes of reading if you put your nose down to it.
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Sheesh, I thought y'all were genuinely interested in this topic. It's not like I've got you strapped into some kind of book reading torture device. I posted that link mostly for the laughs, and I have not been disappointed.

Comment

My main point is this... If I found this guys wallet with his info in it, he would be pissed if I demanded cash for it's return, so why can he do this to my disc, with my info on it?? I could say, pay me $500 for finding your wallet, the money is going to feed hungry kids (my own, at dinnertime), its the same thing, and its not right!!

Comment

Well on that topic

I was at Timber Park today and fished out 2 disc's and I will not ask a flipping cent.

Comment

With ALL of the Plastic I have lost Between Oregon and Washington, I have been called MAYBE 25% of the time. MAYBE. BUT, I stopped looking and left it. Plain and simple. When I do get a call I tell them to keep it, or Give it to Someone that will throw it.
                                Probably the reason I have only thrown and lost ONE CE disc.....

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X