X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf in Alaska!

I'm currently in Alaska, playing disc golf. If any of you people get a chance to get here, you MUST play Kincaid DGC. This is one of the best courses I have ever played. 2 t-pads per hole, AM-PRO. The most technical golf I have ever played, and on par with Milo's 18. AWESOME!!!!!! My score on AM is -8, PRO -2
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

What time are you playing rounds??

I remember playing up there at 2am...still light out!

Comment

Go play Hilltop DGC @ the ski area and head down to girdwood and eat @ the bake shop. Also peters creek is a fun 18 north of town and Service HS has a fun 9 holes on the way to hilltop. Enjoy the 907. Play all night!

Comment

Sounds AWESOME Mikk! Do you have other plans up there, or just DG? Take some pics!

Comment

Ya I played Peters Creek, super awesome!! It gave Daliawood a run for the money in the tree department!!!
          Unfortunately I didn't take any golf pix ;( However I did play 126 holes of disc golf in 40 hours, no sleep, played thru the night with no problems, glow golf just doesnt happen in Alaska in the summer
          I played Alcantra ,9 holes, Kincaid ,18 holes, red-am, blue-pro and white-god t-pads, and Peters Creek-18 holes. Boy I miss living in Alaska. Sometimes I wonder why I moved away, then I remember digging my lifted 4x4 truck out of the snow, stil in the driveway, just to get to work!!!!
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

Comment

Kincaid is a pretty amazing course. The only thing I don't like about it are the gimmick baskets. I think there's two baskets that are raised way up and one that is hanging from a chain. There are lots of difficult but fair holes and fun shots. And the view of the inlet and Fire Island is pretty amazing from a few of the holes.

Peter's Creek has a few solid holes, but mostly seemed like they just put 18 baskets in the woods and called it a day. Its really short but more lucky than technical on a lot of holes. Its still a fun little course though.

I heard they pulled the Westchester course due to people (golfers and non-golfers alike) being idiots about drinking and smoking openly all the time. That's a shame because it was a good beginner/recreational course.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Westchester is closed during the summer, open after Oct 1st???? There are stil drunks in the park tho, bums mostly = lame. I actualy liked Peters creek, Technical as hell!!
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations Mikk

PS - wait a minute, milo is technical????
                'Weekend 4 Women':
                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I agree that peter's creek is a lot of luck, but there is a route on ever hole. It may be short and a jailhouse, but pc is one of those courses where golfers with control and a knowledge of how to throw all types of shots succeed. The big arms with no finesse generally struggle there and it's a great course to learn how to throw turnovers and straight shots. And Kincaid is an incredible course that would be a premium course in the northwest. The combination of distance and the technicality of each shot, especially from the pro pads, makes this course a gem. I've been fortunate enough to play up there and down here, and it's still my favorite course. Not to mention, it's one of the few courses in anchorage where moose and bears are regulars at the course.

That's great you got to play all those courses mikk. If you get the chance again, Russian jack in anchorage is a great bomber course that follows a par 3 golf course. It's a pay to play unless you go after 6 pm, then it's free. And if you get a chance, the 18 hole tourney layout is great. Also, moose pretzel in homer is awesome, it's a private course but if you contact the owner, you can play the course. It's 18 holes with 3 pads for every hole giving a lot of different looks to each hole.

Comment

The Moose Pretzil!! Yes one day I will play there. I have a friend on FB that plays there alot and shoots pix n video for me!!
                    I agree with your statement about Peters creek, this course will test your short/mid game. I loved every minute of it, and as you said, you need multiple different shots in your game.
                    I wanted to play Russian Jack and Hilltop just didnt have the time. Funny thing is I used to rip thru Russian Jack on my dirt bike when I was growing up there Now is a disc/ball golf course?? FUNNY!!
                    Hukin since 1992
                    DGOD #115

Comment

ok so here is a pic of the Alcantra 9 hole course. Obviously there needs to be some t-pad work, other than that its super technical!!
                      I showed this guy how to throw a thumber!! He shure does well with it!!
                      Hukin since 1992
                      DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X