X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf in Alaska!

I'm currently in Alaska, playing disc golf. If any of you people get a chance to get here, you MUST play Kincaid DGC. This is one of the best courses I have ever played. 2 t-pads per hole, AM-PRO. The most technical golf I have ever played, and on par with Milo's 18. AWESOME!!!!!! My score on AM is -8, PRO -2
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

What time are you playing rounds??

I remember playing up there at 2am...still light out!

Comment

Go play Hilltop DGC @ the ski area and head down to girdwood and eat @ the bake shop. Also peters creek is a fun 18 north of town and Service HS has a fun 9 holes on the way to hilltop. Enjoy the 907. Play all night!

Comment

Sounds AWESOME Mikk! Do you have other plans up there, or just DG? Take some pics!

Comment

Ya I played Peters Creek, super awesome!! It gave Daliawood a run for the money in the tree department!!!
          Unfortunately I didn't take any golf pix ;( However I did play 126 holes of disc golf in 40 hours, no sleep, played thru the night with no problems, glow golf just doesnt happen in Alaska in the summer
          I played Alcantra ,9 holes, Kincaid ,18 holes, red-am, blue-pro and white-god t-pads, and Peters Creek-18 holes. Boy I miss living in Alaska. Sometimes I wonder why I moved away, then I remember digging my lifted 4x4 truck out of the snow, stil in the driveway, just to get to work!!!!
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

Comment

Kincaid is a pretty amazing course. The only thing I don't like about it are the gimmick baskets. I think there's two baskets that are raised way up and one that is hanging from a chain. There are lots of difficult but fair holes and fun shots. And the view of the inlet and Fire Island is pretty amazing from a few of the holes.

Peter's Creek has a few solid holes, but mostly seemed like they just put 18 baskets in the woods and called it a day. Its really short but more lucky than technical on a lot of holes. Its still a fun little course though.

I heard they pulled the Westchester course due to people (golfers and non-golfers alike) being idiots about drinking and smoking openly all the time. That's a shame because it was a good beginner/recreational course.
            We're at our best when it's from our hips