Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I care about your ace/turkey/whatever, McGrew.
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

(blushing)

Originally posted by all2common View Post
      I care about your ace/turkey/whatever, McGrew.
      Auuww shucks...there goes my bitter mood.

Comment

Every group should carry sandpaper and silver spray paint. Oh... and replace your divots.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I'm really not trying to be controversial, let's not make this about me. I just think it is neat to look at the pole and see people's names and dates. If I had a course, and that very likely will happen in the next few years, I would totally allow it. if it became a problem ... silver spray paint and a sign asking them not to do it .. or a board attached to the top of a basket like a basket # sign that is made to mark your aces. I don't consider it vandalism but then again I am sure you guys consider putting stuff on the weeping wall in Israel is littering?

Comment

...but then again I am sure you guys...
            You can't finish a post without dropping the trolling rig in the water, can you?
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

it's really not that hard of a concept. DON'T WRITE ON BASKETS. EVER. not now, not later, NEVER.
              you can't let people sign them for a little while and then pull the plug... that won't work. the general public are for the most part Dolts and don't play like that. we must train them that this behavior is not acceptable.

i don't care who you are but when you drop 5000$$$ for baskets just to have the local schmoe brag about his stupid skip shank that luckily went in you're going to be pissed. it's fu*&ing vandalism and i hope i never see it around these parts.

i will flip out.

and with that said if i'm putting in a tourney and see a name i recognize and miss the putt your ass is mine.
              May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
                it's really not that hard of a concept. DON'T WRITE ON BASKETS. EVER. not now, not later, NEVER.
                you can't let people sign them for a little while and then pull the plug... that won't work. the general public are for the most part Dolts and don't play like that. we must train them that this behavior is not acceptable.

i don't care who you are but when you drop 5000$$$ for baskets just to have the local schmoe brag about his stupid skip shank that luckily went in you're going to be pissed. it's fu*&ing vandalism and i hope i never see it around these parts.

i will flip out.

and with that said if i'm putting in a tourney and see a name i recognize and miss the putt your ass is mine.
                Well Said!!!!
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
                  the local schmoe brag about his stupid skip shank that luckily went in
                  Best DG forum line ever!!!

Comment

Brian said
                    I don't consider it vandalism but then again I am sure you guys consider putting stuff on the weeping wall in Israel is littering?
                    Are you serious! You are the dumbest thing out there .

You are comparing basket graffiti...TO OOOHHH lets say a countries/religious monument for a lot of people and those pieces of paper are their prayers. dumb a$$

This is all about BRIAN the "FLAME"

Flame on brother....FLAME ON!!!!!

Comment

It may be neat to see names and dates on the pole for aces, but many people who didnt ace, will sign it and date it anyways, and a whole chain of BS graffitti will follow. It's just the way society is. We may have good ideas and intentions for the little things, but others that don't know as much as we do will always do something else...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                        It may be neat to see names and dates on the pole for aces, but many people who didnt ace, will sign it and date it anyways, and a whole chain of BS graffitti will follow. It's just the way society is. We may have good ideas and intentions for the little things, but others that don't know as much as we do will always do something else...
                        yeah that might be true. I think maybe a community board might be a decent idea, I think it is fun to see who aced what. it would be impossible to figure out the imposters .. but you can't let the few ruin it for the masses.

Comment

I didn't even notice the asinine comment about the "weeping" (sic) wall. WOW...

A, I think you meant the "Wailing" Wall, also known as the Western Wall (for its location on the temple mount) or the HaKotel HaMa'aravi.

B, the papers put into the "Wailing" Wall are considered sacred prayers. When the wall gets "full", the prayers are put into coffins and buried on the Mount of Olives with an accompanying religious rite.

But yeah... your straw man arguments are at least time-consuming if not intelligent or accurate.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Hey guys I went ahead and PMed Bob Horning and asked how he felt about people writing on his baskets since my original post was pertaining to an incident that happened on his course. Below is his response to me that he said I could repost on this thread.

Hi Cindy, Actually it is OK, for to me it adds a personal touch to the course and lets the one who aced it have a nice way to connect and add their own individually to it. Eventually we'll have to repaint them all anyway, to as long as they don't get carried away or as long as their is no defacing then I don't have a problem.
                            Thanks for watching out for us, I do appreciate it greatly!!
                            Thanks, Bob
                            When I get my first ace I still am only going to have my disc signed that's just how I feel personally on the subject.

Cindy
                            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

Thanks for finding out the course owners' feelings on the matter, Cindy. Good on ya!
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I won't go so far as to say I condone writing on the baskets, but it really doesn't bother me that much. That was the tradition on the course I learned on in CA, and I've seen it on a few holes around here. As far as tagging goes, its pretty minimalistic, you don't see it until you're right up in front of it. I have much bigger issues with people leaving trash on the course, cutting/breaking trees, not picking up after their dogs, and REAL tagging (like the big spray painted "MS13" on the coolest tree at SeaTac ). I would definitely frown on somebody writing on a basket at a private course, however--that's just plain rude if the owner isn't OK with it. Pretty cool that Bob H. is OK with it though.
                                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X