X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoring discrepancies

I bumped into an unusual tournament situation over the weekend. I have never seen it before, and nobody I talked to had either.

4 players on the card - there were no other witnesses.
    Player A throws drive, hits early tree. Second shot goes into the ground, about 50'. Third shot also went about 50'. 4th shot approached the basket and went a bit long. 5th shot went in.

Scorekeeper asks for scores and player A calls out a "4".
    Player B says, are you sure, I'm pretty sure it was a 5.
    We talk through the hole shot by shot, but he flat out doesn't recall the thrid shot.
    Player C steps up and says he thinks it was a 4 as well.
    Player D agrees with Player B that it was a 5.

Summary: Two players swear that it should have been scored a 4, and two players swear that it should have been scored a 5.

What happens in this scenario? Have you seen anything like this before, and how did you handle it?

It probably should be noted that players A and C are buddies and both were impaired throughout the round.

I went to a tourney this weekend and TD says "Anybody that looks to be impaired or caught will be DQ'd " . . #1 If it was a tier event they shoudn't have been "impaired" in the first place . they could have been DQ'd . #2 if they finished in the tops for $$$ its a 5 , but if they finished out of money , i would let it be . I'm just a player not a TD , i'm curious to how you gonna handle this.. Let us know
    PDGA # 52916
    CRDGC
    TCDGC
    FWWDGC
    PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
      I went to a tourney this weekend and TD says "Anybody that looks to be impaired or caught will be DQ'd " . . #1 If it was a tier event they shoudn't have been "impaired" in the first place . they could have been DQ'd . #2 if they finished in the tops for $$$ its a 5 , but if they finished out of money , i would let it be . I'm just a player not a TD , i'm curious to how you gonna handle this.. Let us know
      This was a non-sanctioned event. Drugs and alcohol were permitted during play, although players were encouraged to use discretion.

The player ended up taking a 4. We were divided 2-2 and it was clear that neither side would give in.

I ended up beating the player by one shot (and out of the cash) so I figured karma did its job.

Comment

Too bad some folks still seem to link self esteem to their golf game...
        educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X