Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian - despite our differences in disc returning opinions, you are more than welcome to be part of the 'Nation. All we ask is that you join at least two (or more) of the founding 'Nation members for a round out there (and a beverage or two).

Bob - I would be more than happy to hook you up with some Trojan plastic. Also, I now have your bag straps.

Sean - What about the path on eight, nine, and twelve (regarding "over the path" being out of bounds)?

Keys - All your points about Trojan are spot on. However, we have been (slowly) starting to see more and more people out there. As much as its nice to have a course to ones self, it is better to see more people throwing things out there...
    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
      Sean - What about the path on eight, nine, and twelve (regarding "over the path" being out of bounds)?
      Good question, I forgot about those holes.

8-Ken Gilmore shot over the path on eight, first time I've seen it happen and we called it OB.

9-I'd call the path to the left OB, but it's never come into play in any of my groups. I could see it coming into play for somebody that can't throw over the water and is looking for a conservative way to play the hole. It's a toss up.

12-If I were TDing a tourney I'd call it on or over=OB, but I'm a bastard and that hole is intimidating enough already. I've played this hole both ways, I don't believe Jerry Miller intended the path as an OB line, but concrete=OB so on the path would be OB.

How does the Nation play the holes?

Comment

Hey Zippy, do you know Haley's contact info? I found a white Avenger SS that has his/her name on it. I called the # but didn't get a response.

Also, I would like to be apart of the Nation. What are the rules for joining. I have played Trojan once and loved it. I didn't do that well (first yr player). But to see plastic flying over water just did something for me! Anyway let me know and I'd like to play with some of you guys over there sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampthing View Post
          you know Haley's contact info? I found a white Avenger SS that has his/her name on it. I called the # but didn't get a response.

You can send a PM to her man, Tennessee (Matt Crider) who is now on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee View Post
            After reading everyones opinion (excluding Scott's) i think the answer to your original question is yes.
            It DOES appear that way. Must just be me being unemployed and not want to lose plastic.

opinion (excluding Scott's)
            Ask him, I always do!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              You can send a PM to her man, Tennessee (Matt Crider) who is now on this forum.
              Someone just gave me her #. Called and left a message. Thanks for the info!

Comment

I guess I'm often across the path (and in the stinkin' brush) on 8. No safe shot for the short drive artists.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Play the bridge!
                  Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Perhaps you're right, I'll look at it differently next time I'm there.
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Sean, to answer you question about how the 'Nation plays the holes in question - poorly. Seriousness aside, as we have the course to ourselves so often, we only worry about the water and the highway. The rest of it, we just don't care about. Please keep in mind that we are all mostly players who throw for recreation, and are not typically tourney players.

Personally, were I to TD an event there, all asphalt would be OB, beyond the path on 3 would be out, the right of the path from six would be out (only to upper divisions, though), the path to the left of seven would be out, the path to the left of eight would be out for upper divisions only, same with the path to the left of nine. The path on the right of 12 would be out for everyone. Oh, and the path to the left of 15 would be out for everyone, too.

Hope this helps.

Also, Swampthing (and anyone else), to become part of the 'Nation, all you have to do is make it through 18 holes at Trojan with two or more members of the original 'Nation. Easiest way to do that is to PM me in advance.

~Z
                      TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

I'm late to this discussion, but I've played Trojan twice now and didn't lose any discs. I did put a Lightning #2 Driver into (onto!) the water a total of 3 or 4 times, but I was able to fish it out. I'd rather take a chance on throwing a somewhat unfamiliar floating fairway driver than risk losing a favorite $13 disc.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Trojan is awesome. I played there half a dozen times before I lost any discs. The first time I lost discs I was stumbling drunk and it was very windy. Since my cherry was popped that day water losses have happened from time to time, but not enough to keep me from playing there. FWIW, I usually go with my regular discs and just make an effort to keep them dry. More often than not I have been able to go in and retrieve the wet ones. What's messed up is that I have lost 2 discs on the new hole 13, and both of them were on land somewhere in blackberry patches or tall grass.

Actually the thing that keeps me from playing there more often is that Milo is at least a 20 min shorter drive from my place and it's my favorite course. Trojan takes the top honors for scenic beauty though. Especially certain times of year.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X