X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDGA Website

Why, with all the money from members coming in, is something as simple as a website so poorly done by the PDGA? It is the worst website on the internet. It doesn't load half the time, if it does it took 5 minutes. I know it's not my internet connection, I have tried this on many different computers and connections, they all blow. What the hell?
    "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

They just did the ratings update and they have the Womens Global Event on there right now so I bet tons of people are on it. So many people on at once bogs down the servers. I know a handful of people that are on it this very second... including myself. I have about 3 windows of PDGA going (:

Comment

Yep...What she said. There is a heck of a lot of traffic on PDGA.com right now.
      Steve Ganz is the IT guy now..you can bet it's NOT his fault...He rocks!
      I got my rating update by looking at the BSF reg list (which I have marked in my favorite list) It uploaded quicker than waiting to get thru multiple layers of PDGA.com.

Comment

I understand, I was kind of thinking the same thing as far as everyone being on...but any time of year, ratings update or not, that thing is really slow and I don't really get it that's all. I think it should be better.

Just in a complainin' mood this morning I suppose.

Comment

You haven't been looking at the PDGA site for a while then. It's been moving along nicely for a few months now until the last 12 hours, not only due to Womens Global and today's ratings update but they posted the updated World reg and waitlist at the same time this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
            I understand, I was kind of thinking the same thing as far as everyone being on...but any time of year, ratings update or not, that thing is really slow and I don't really get it that's all. I think it should be better.

Just in a complainin' mood this morning I suppose.
            Just this morning?

Comment

A little frustrated with not seeing actual tournament round ratings...is this the way updates will be going forward? Player ratings updated but no immediate tourney round ratings as well as player rating detail not being updated with the player rating? I agree with all of the posts so far, good feedback and bad feedback, although I will say that the PDGA website is much faster than it was just a few months ago.
              Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

I found that three of the Spring tournaments that I played didnt even get calculated into my rating yet even though they clearly say official and were way before the dealines. I am very frustrated that by the time the next update comes in July it will have been almost 4 months since those tournaments were played and calculated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya Spence View Post
                  I found that three of the Spring tournaments that I played didnt even get calculated into my rating yet even though they clearly say official and were way before the dealines. I am very frustrated that by the time the next update comes in July it will have been almost 4 months since those tournaments were played and calculated.
                  That is usually due to the TD not submitting everything in time, I know it's frustrating it happenend to me last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                    Just this morning?
                    ok, got me there.

Comment

For this ratings update they uploaded the new Player Ratings database a half day before the ratings detail database that populates player's ratings details. They had to delay uploading the ratings details database until they could get all TDs posting correct results to the website from the 41 events involved in the Womens Global Event. Otherwise, the ratings would have jumped all over the place changing from the weekend standings with many of the women getting new ratings.

The Ratings details database was finally uploaded last night so you should now see the events that are part of your current rating. Every event that shows as Official on the PDGA site should now be included in players' ratings details.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                        For this ratings update they uploaded the new Player Ratings database a half day before the ratings detail database that populates player's ratings details. They had to delay uploading the ratings details database until they could get all TDs posting correct results to the website from the 41 events involved in the Womens Global Event. Otherwise, the ratings would have jumped all over the place changing from the weekend standings with many of the women getting new ratings.

The Ratings details database was finally uploaded last night so you should now see the events that are part of your current rating. Every event that shows as Official on the PDGA site should now be included in players' ratings details.
                        I checked this morning 5/16 and I still have an "Official" event from March not included.

Comment

Events shown as Official without ratings must be for event reports received at PDGA HQ after the May 1st deadline to have made it in the current ratings update.
                          Last edited by Chuck Kennedy; May 16th, 2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post

thanks for this info, chuck. i was confused yesterday i will admit. however, websites and ratings always confuse me so i didn't realize i actually had a legitimate reason to be confused.
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X