Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dog stabbed on course

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Man-s...150793315.html

I hate hearing about things like this. So depressing.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
      I hate hearing about things like this. So depressing.
      ... and sort of weird. terrible reporting/writing... i am definitely left feeling icky... and next time i see a thread titled "dog stabbed on course"... well, i may just skip it.
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
        ... and sort of weird. terrible reporting/writing... i am definitely left feeling icky... and next time i see a thread titled "dog stabbed on course"... well, i may just skip it.
        agreed....on all accounts.
        "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

I know that I would never give anyone other than a vet, permission to kill my dog... I doubt that they gave permission. Strange... Stabbing a dog, over a dog fight, seems weird... Short of my family or myself in extreme danger, I couldn't stab a dog to death

Comment

No pitbull I know would ever act that way.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

dosnt matter about the race of the dog, the upbringing matters.
              Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
                dosnt matter about the race of the dog, the upbringing matters.
                Any documentation for that statement? In my lifetime of experience, I've noticed that various breeds often tend to do precisely what they have been bred to do (imagine that).

When I was a kid, we got a puppy whose mother was Cocker spaniel. It looked like nothing other than a Cocker. When it matured, it looked more like a Scotts terrier. When that dog reached maturity, it turned meaner than a mofo. It no longer seemed to give a crap about its "upbringing." It made me bleed quite a few times before we got rid of it.

BTW, I have been charged and attacked on the street by a fairly large pit bull terrier. I don't know anything about that dog's upbringing. It was walking with the couple who owned it. I was right in front of my own place and I was about seventy feet from the couple and the dog, going to say "hi" and greet them when the dog suddenly bolted and leaped the last ten feet and locked onto my thigh and gave me honking big bruise right through my Levis. Probably just a coincidence that it was a pit bull.
                Last edited by Ol' Bob; May 9th, 2012, 10:10 PM.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                  No pitbull I know would ever act that way.
                  I hope that you are being a bit sarcastic, even just a little, by this comment. If not, I wish the best to you when you are attacked by a dog who is just doing what it "thinks" is needed. I was attacked by a dog as an innocent bystander who happened to be too close to a dogs food bowl without even knowing it was there. Oh, and the dog was a pitbull that was a family dog for ten years and after it attacked me went on a spree of violence, biting five people before being put down.

Comment

Is it wrong the commercial I had to watch before watching the video was of a rabbit growling and snapping at a man over food?
                    -

Comment

Yup, no surprise here, our dog was also attacked by an off leash pit bull out at milo last year. As his owner is still yelling 'he's nice' over and over again, he has our dogs back foot in his mouth and is lifting him off the ground. I had to end up kicking it as hard as I could in the stomach to get him off - figured I was going to be the next target but the dog ended up sulking off.

I've seen plenty of dog fights before, they are normal in the dog world, this wasn't one. This was intent to seriously injure or kill and I would have done anything I could to stop that pit bull.

Ours had a broken leg from the ordeal but it healed up rather quickly.

Its not necessarily the dog or breeds fault, but they WERE bred to kill other dogs so don't be surprised when your 'nice' dog exhibits the behavior that generations of selective breeding have developed. Ours probably still has the tendency to snap at bull ankles

Rather easy to avoid this problem if you keep them on leash - duh!
                      'Weekend 4 Women':
                      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I grew up with pit-bulls, and have never seen anything wrong. They are loving animals. If you say that your dog brought up well attacked you all of the sudden than maybe you didn't bring it up to well. I have played with pit-bulls, i've wrestled with pit-bulls, and i've let my dogs play with pit-bulls and I never had any problem with them whatsoever. I think the reason they get such a bad wrap over other dogs is the severity of the incident when it does happen. When a lab bites a person it hurts and your bit, when a pit bites you it locks on and you freak out and call the news, and they write a terrible article (like this one) about how you had to kill it or it would have killed you.

Don't hate on pit-bulls.
                        Last edited by mowens404; May 10th, 2012, 09:30 AM. Reason: spelling
                        Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                          I grew up with pit-bulls, and have never seen anything wrong. They are loving animals. If you say that your dog brought up well attacked you all of the sudden than maybe you didn't bring it up to well. I have played with pit-bulls, i've wrestled with pit-bulls, and i've let my dogs play with pit-bulls and I never had any problem with them whatsoever. I think the reason they get such a bad wrap over other dogs is the severity of the incident when it does happen. When a lab bites a person it hurts and your bit, when a pit bites you it locks on and you freak out and call the news, and they write a terrible article (like this one) about how you had to kill it or it would have killed you.

Don't hate on pit-bulls.
                          i agree you with man. if a dog was raised right it wont attack for no reason. and if it does, it learned it from somewhere.
                          Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
                            i agree you with man. if a dog was raised right it wont attack for no reason. and if it does, it learned it from somewhere.
                            Here's the deal: the 'raising' of the dog is a lot more than what that dog's owner does or doesn't do. It's like Sam said, you're talking about thousands of years of selective breeding for distinct traits, and in the case of a pit bull, not all of these traits are warm and cuddly ones.

And you can't just negate all this breeding by being a 'nice owner.'

Never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
                              Here's the deal: the 'raising' of the dog is a lot more than what that dog's owner does or doesn't do. It's like Sam said, you're talking about thousands of years of selective breeding for distinct traits, and in the case of a pit bull, not all of these traits are warm and cuddly ones.

And you can't just negate all this breeding by being a 'nice owner.'

Never happen.
                              Of the 5-6 pit-bulls that have been in my life, for all of theirs, I never had, heard, or saw any problem with aggression what so ever. but at the same time, every time I see my grandmas Pomeranian, that little shit bites my ankles so much I have to lock him up.
                              Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X