Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If an elevated risk is severe injury to person or pet, then many will think about applying zero tolerance. Can they be blamed?

What those articles suggested to me is when breeds do injury out of proportion to their presence in the population, people freak out and establish legal precedents. Why are a prize fighter's hands considered deadly weapons under law? Dogs bred to do physical injury for pets? Why do we choose such risks? Well, the next child to be killed might not be from your pit bull. What the Hell, take a chance.
    Last edited by Ol' Bob; May 11th, 2012, 07:49 AM.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
      Why do we choose such risks? Well, the next child to be killed might not be from your pit bull. What the Hell, take a chance.

Natural selection.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        Why are a prize fighter's hands considered deadly weapons under law?

Not to throw another wrench into your preconceptions, but this is an urban legend.
        We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
          Not to throw another wrench into your preconceptions, but this is an urban legend.
          Maybe that is so, but what would judge or a jury think when they are used as weapons outside the ring?

Comment

Well, if you're a black boxer then the judge and jury will convict you of a triple homicide even if you didn't do it.

Comment

If you think about it, It comes down to inproper dog ownership. Dog on a leash = alot less problems. Some know my boxer Rocko, ON A LEASH, at all times. We have been attacked by other dogs OFF LEASH. Stupid owners = stupid acidents....
              Last edited by Mikk; May 11th, 2012, 07:38 PM.
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

I play at this course. The dog was on leash and broke away from the owner. The dog also bit three people without cause. The person who stabbed the dog is still effected by it.
                sigpic Gives a whole new meaning to the words Pulling you're Pork.

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                  It's not an urban legend!
                  Look at it this way, say you have a black belt in whatever martial arts you're into. Now you get into a fight and beat the living hell out of your opponent, be ready to spend lots $$$ because you are a registered leathol weapon. That's why you don't see or hear a lot on guys or girls who have this training going out and F'n people up. It's usually gang bangers or idiots that are the problem.

Comment

I own four dogs and three of which are ankle biters. All of mine are friendly towards other dogs. I have friends and family that have owned many pits without any problems. Raise your dogs right and they are family. If my dogs bite someone for no reason other then playing, you damn right I'll discipline it or have it put down.
                    The only thing I feel bad about is the pit had to suffer because of the owners stupidity. It just my opinion, but I would have taken the same steps to save a littler dog. However, I would have just put a slug in the pit. Then I'd make sure the pit owners were held accountable for the lil dog. IF YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOUR DOG IN PUBLIC, THEN BY ALL MEANS LEAVE THE POOCH AT HOME!!!
                    Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by roadrash420 View Post
                      It's not an urban legend!
                      Look at it this way, say you have a black belt in whatever martial arts you're into. Now you get into a fight and beat the living hell out of your opponent, be ready to spend lots $$$ because you are a registered leathol weapon.
                      Let's assume that this is true and that you aren't just making stuff up or falling for an urban legend.

Can you show me a link to a federal, state, or county law that indicates that there is truth to your statement? Can you produce a link to a case where a martial artist or boxer was forced to register any body part as a lethal weapon?

I would be quite surprised if you could.

Back on topic, it sounds like a good leash is important if you're going to responsibly bring your dog to a course or in public.

Comment

It is an urban legend that your fists can be registered as deadly weapons, but a trained fighter will be held to a higher standard when it comes to fighting or defending themselves.

Comment

That sounds believable. Can we bury this and get back to putting down the owners of pit bulls and their dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by mine all mine View Post
                            It is an urban legend that your fists can be registered as deadly weapons, but a trained fighter will be held to a higher standard when it comes to fighting or defending themselves.
                            I stand corrected...me bad

Comment

I remember where I got sucked into the "urban legend." It was on TV many times when I was a kid. I see who is debunking it: commercial martial arts trainers. They of course see the idea as bad for business. Just know this, if the prosecutor finds out you are a professional boxer or a black belt, and you're on trial for applying your trade outside of your sport, and he brings it up in front of the jury, your lawyer will say, "objection," and the judge will say, "overruled."

Back to dogs that were bred to fight other dogs or attack people... Same prosecutor, same judge.

Comment

Due to my recent experience at DABNEY on May 28th (a no pet park) a large pit bull looking dog charged at me as I crossed field at hole 4, all I need to say is OBEY THE PARK RULES. It really upsets me to see any dog off leash in any disc golf park not to mention all the dog crap I had to clean off my disc's in the years of play.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X