X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little tournament help...

Ok so I now have a modified way to keep playing disc golf due to my back injury. My max distance is 350ft, mabe if I get lucky and enough room I can skip a disc to 370ft MAX. So where do I play?? My guess is Masters, I am over 40, its just that I'm used to playing MA1, pro or open. Them days are over, I would like to be able to play atleast some tourneys tho. I have alot of friends that are fun to hang with and play against, however they are mostly in their 30's. I only know a couple of Masters players like Tom Bontempo, and I think Andy Foster?? I don't care about my PDGA rating anymore but I DO want to play some local tourneys...
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

u can play advance masters if u wish to have some comp when you play

Comment

You can easily play open with 350' drive - its not about distance dood! (ok maybe a little bit of it is!)
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Based on what I've seen from your posts & a few tournament scores

Play adv. masters. Stop trying to throw far. Start trying to throw smooth & accurate.

Disc golf is judged on the number of throws not the length of some of your throws.

Throwing injuries suck, but they can usually be avoided by warming up & not overdoing it. Conditioning away from the golf course is also grossly overlooked by most disc golfers. You're asking your body to absorb a lot of torque when throwing discs hard, best to make sure you have some protection built up especially in the knees, shoulders, hips and back.

Good luck & stay healthy!
        Last edited by DMajor; May 3rd, 2012, 04:10 PM.
        Read this ^

Comment

So sence I got some e-mails telling me to stop whining about this, let me say that I dont want to be considered a "bagger". Thats why I'm a bit confused as where I should register. OBVIOUSLY am's wouldn't be correct, I was just currious about it seeings how I play mosty with the people on this board...
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

Comment

You mentioned that you don't care about ratings but your rating might help you determine where to play. Most adv. masters fall in the 900-950 range. Plenty of these old cats can throw >350' and have a decent short game too. Once you start winning tournaments you can start to think about the bagger issue.

Comment

Originally posted by vapor View Post
              You mentioned that you don't care about ratings but your rating might help you determine where to play. Most adv. masters fall in the 900-950 range. Plenty of these old cats can throw >350' and have a decent short game too. Once you start winning tournaments you can start to think about the bagger issue.
              I didnt think of that!!
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

best thing I read all day

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                Good luck & stay healthy!
                Dmajor.Lifecoach. He'll send you the bill
                "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                PDGA # 42821
                Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment