Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sam was answering my question... for OREGON, who cares about the other forty something states

Comment

True. It would be fun to go up to Washington and take some Washingtonian money. I hear the payouts are so good, if I play Am and win, maybe I could get a new DX frisbee!
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Man... thinking about this thread, there are amazing holes that I overlooked.

#1 at Dexter. Wide open but the view is amazing. On the same level even, I would have to put hole #5 at Hagg.

#3 Dexter
        #8 Dexter
        #15 Dexter
        #18 Dexter
        #14 Adair.
        #17 Adair
        #18 Adair
        #3 Willamette
        #18 Willamette
        #3 Bryant
        Genius Hole at Milo
        #8 (of 27) Milo
        #23 (of 27) Milo
        #26 (of 27) Milo (long from long pad)
        #10 Timber
        #12 Timber (long)
        #8 Dabney
        #15 Dabney
        #6 Rooster west
        #3 Leverich
        #10 Leverich
        #1 Pier
        #3 Pier
        #4 Pier
        #6 Pier
        #14 Pier
        #17 Pier
        #18 Pier (Hmmm...)
        #5 Hornings 1
        #15 Hornings 1
        #18 Hornings 1
        #2 Hagg (old course)
        #7 Hagg
        #10 Hagg
        #16 Hagg
        #17 Hagg
        #4 Ewing
        #7 Ewing

I could keep going...
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

now it gets tricker, you can only pick one hole per course in Oregon to make your dream 18...
          Pier, dabney, milo, timber, trojan, cascades gateway, woodmansee, tom pearce, whistlers??? that'll keep you busy listing one per course to make 18 on a friday night...

Comment

oh god, on long drives to tourneys nate and i talk about this stuff all the time. Not only have we done this one, but...an 18 hole course where you have to use the same hole number from the course to corresepond to the dream course.

1. Bryant
            2. Milo West (on the stump)
            3. Willamette
            4. ??? - Trojan (RCO Layout, is that the par 4?)
            5. Adair (long position)
            6. Dexter (right)
            7. Milo East
            8. Oakway (Super 18 Layout...RIP)
            9. Milo East (Brilliant! Oh, I mean Genius! Duh...)

10. Milo East
            11. Milo East
            12. Adair
            13. Adair
            14. Wistlers
            15. Pier (Dreamcatcher, right?)
            16. Whistlers
            17. Oakway (Super 18 Layout)
            18. Pier
            -----
            Par 60
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

heh, guess this topic is a good topic for road trips then. Well I have never played oakway so that sounds like i missed out. As far as adair 12 and 13 goes, i'm suprised, i think these two holes are among the most boring at adair.
              But i will give it some thought as far as hole numbering goes...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                As far as adair 12 and 13 goes, i'm suprised, i think these two holes are among the most boring at adair.
                I agree... but I think RonTheWhip's idea of fun holes is different from most of the rest of us. He's one of those "big arms" they talk about.

Well I have never played oakway so that sounds like i missed out.
                Not necessarily; see above. Oakway was very much a big-arm course.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

hmmm let me think here...
                  1. Milo East in far right pin
                  2. Milo West in the stump
                  3. Adair - Mount something, i forget the name, but used during WOX Far left on cliff placement.
                  4. Trojan long pin - ~750' - Tournament set up
                  5. Future Jerry Miller DGC @ Camp Talolai - through the hall and to the left mound hole
                  6. Champeog
                  9. Lake Selmac over the water
                  14. Whistlers top of the world
                  15. Pier
                  16. Future Jerry Miller DGC @ Camp Taloali - In a split tree about 6 feet up... i cheated and used this course twice, hey i'm building it, i get to use it twice..
                  18. Hyzerpines in the stump way up.

I'll have to finish this later...

Comment

Oregon this and Oregon that. I thought this was the NW board and not the OR board.
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I'll fill #10 in for you snap...from a course I got to play this past weekend.
                      hmmm let me think here...
                      1. Milo East in far right pin
                      2. Milo West in the stump
                      3. Adair - Mount something, i forget the name, but used during WOX Far left on cliff placement.
                      4. Trojan long pin - ~750' - Tournament set up
                      5. Future Jerry Miller DGC @ Camp Talolai - through the hall and to the left mound hole
                      6. Champeog
                      9. Lake Selmac over the water
                      10.Lucky Mud...long over the green house.
                      14. Whistlers top of the world
                      15. Pier
                      16. Future Jerry Miller DGC @ Camp Taloali - In a split tree about 6 feet up... i cheated and used this course twice, hey i'm building it, i get to use it twice..
                      18. Hyzerpines in the stump way up.

I'll have to finish this later...
                      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                        Oregon this and Oregon that. I thought this was the NW board and not the OR board.
                        Here, here! There's no denying that there are some sweet courses in OR, but we've got some good 'uns up here too. The Mud definitely has some holes I love--well, actually I like all of them, but ones that stand out: hole 4 (that's the one shooting from the open into the woods, right?), #10, and #13. Also the new(er) hole with the avenue of cedars, and the one shooting back downhill after. (great descriptions, eh?)

A few other faves that should make any list
                        #15 at Seatac
                        #10 (long position) at Lakewood
                        #15 in the longest position at Lakewood
                        #3 (NW course) at Steilli
                        #12 (NW course) at Steilli
                        #23 (or next to last hole, however you play the course) at Mossy Roc.

And you know, Sam, you don't have to be going to a tournament to play other courses, thanks for the snide remarks though. I can say that the times I've played Jub's tourneys (and cashed), I've felt the winnings were more than fair. Come play one of my tourneys, and I think you'll feel well compensated too...that is, of course, if you cash.
                        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

before I go to lunch, only reason I said Oregon only was because if include 2 states, then it just gets toooo wild, was gonna start a washington thread but one of u guys could do that since I have only played like 2 courses everrr in washington...

Comment

Come now... good-natured ribbing from one state to another. But I have heard about incredibly low payouts to Ams.

If I cash. You must have been watching me play lately. Where's the "IT STINKS" emoticon...
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Heh, no worries, just sometimes it's hard to differentiate between good natured ribbing and a Jub jab. Interesting though, of all the complaints I've heard about events around here, am payout hasn't been one I've heard too much. Though, there was one tourney I heard about a while back that paid out ~$300 to the 1st place pro, but only $40 to 1st place Adv., with a larger adv. field, no less. That's kinda screwed, but not the norm, for sure.
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Tim Price? Paging Tim Price to the thread. Tim Price. Your experiences please...
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X