X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiplash?? seroiusly??

Ok so I have been working on my lefty side arm shots, so far so good. This morning I was having some control issues, this kinda pissed me off a little. So I grabbed another disc and put some anger behind my drive, throwing RHBH, and was able to drive from white river, hole 4 blue to 7 blue t-pad, 450ft?. I tried a second time, throwing LHFH and screwed up bad. I dunno what I did wrong but I ended up going to the DR office unable to turn my head to the left. I was thinking I just pulled a muscle, well I ended up giving myself wiplash. I pulled every muscle on my left side pretty badly, gota get massage therapy and go see the chiropractor too.

So I guess I learned the hard way, dont throw discs when youre frustrated!! Ya might just do some real physical damage!!
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Sciatic nerve tweakage? I feel yer pain, bro. Happy healing!
    Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Originally posted by Getty View Post
      Sciatic nerve tweakage? I feel yer pain, bro. Happy healing!
      been there eh? i walk with a hellova limp now! Almost fell earlier, damn nerve anyway.
      Hukin since 1992
      DGOD #115

Comment

Mikk...dude...let the disc do some of the work...
        educate your thinking

Comment

i did it backhand on gravel and ended up dislocating my knee and tearing ligaments and tendons last week. lesson learned.

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
            Mikk...dude...let the disc do some of the work...

This is the one piece of advice (Even though I am stubborn and don't always follow it) that you have given that I can definitely support.
            "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Nubin View Post
              i did it backhand on gravel and ended up dislocating my knee and tearing ligaments and tendons last week. lesson learned.
              Oh snap where'd you do that at?
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

well its official, or so says the DR, no more RHBH drives for me. Got MRI done, had sports DR go over records, showed him some video of how I throw. I was told that if I continue throwing RHBH drives the way I do it will cause perminent nerve damage to my left leg. I gota perminent limp now, that might go away but not likely.
                I can stil play disc golf as long as I dont drive right handed anymore, good thing I can throw left handed well enough. Right now walking is ok but kinda funny looking and I cant bend over to pick things up, i gota bend at the knee. So no more tourneys for me, just the local stuf. Its a good thing I didn't register for any tourneys yet this year. Yes I can stil play but not at the level I was, them days are gone ;(

Its my own fault, I push too hard. I think this time I learned my lesson, unlike last time ;(
                Hukin since 1992
                DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                  well its official, or so says the DR, no more RHBH drives for me. Got MRI done, had sports DR go over records, showed him some video of how I throw. I was told that if I continue throwing RHBH drives the way I do it will cause perminent nerve damage to my left leg. I gota perminent limp now, that might go away but not likely.
                  I can stil play disc golf as long as I dont drive right handed anymore, good thing I can throw left handed well enough. Right now walking is ok but kinda funny looking and I cant bend over to pick things up, i gota bend at the knee. So no more tourneys for me, just the local stuf. Its a good thing I didn't register for any tourneys yet this year. Yes I can stil play but not at the level I was, them days are gone ;(

Its my own fault, I push too hard. I think this time I learned my lesson, unlike last time ;(
                  Really sorry to hear about your injury. Don't give up on yourself; some injuries take long time to heal. I had to play golf off-handed for 6 months after shoulder tendinitis from throwing a thumber too hard. It took a long time, but I was finally able to throw right-handed again. Hang in there!
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Its not that I'm giving up, infact I look forward to perfecting my LHFH. This stems from an old motorcycle accident, realy bad one at that. I'm realy suprized this took so long to mess me up, I'm just stubborn that way. I knew in the back of my mind this was gona happen, just a matter of time. Oddly enough I'm ok with it all, I can still walk besides I wasn't that high up on the PDGA scoreboard anyways. I will always play disc golf as long as I'm on my feet!!!!!!!!
                    Hukin since 1992
                    DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X