Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jWest
    started a topic Gripes about CHAINBANGERZ

Gripes about CHAINBANGERZ

Two of my good friends played the last monthly Ace Run and they both won in their respective divisions. What happened next has lead each of them believe everything I’ve ever told them about the guys who own and operate Chainbangerz. My friend took 1st in Open out of 6 people and received $80. Later we saw online that the winner from the prior month took home $100 out of just four players. Interestingly, someone had asked Keith what the payout was gonna be between rounds and he said he didn’t know yet, obviously that’s because it depends on who wins.

The other friend took first in Advanced and took his script promptly over to the shop to redeem. They didn’t have the bag straps he was looking for (no surprise there), so he browsed the used bin. Lo and behold there was one of his leopards (that I gave him as a gift, btw) with his PDGA number written across the top and his name and phone number on the bottom. He never once received a phone call. He tried to make a deal with the guy at the shop, surely they wouldn’t charge him $8 for his own used plastic. OH BUT THEY DID!! He ended up spending $8 of his script on a disc that had all of his info on it.

I do believe my friends have learned their lesson the hard way. I have quietly avoided supporting this company by not playing their tourneys or buying from their store, until now. I won’t be quiet anymore. We are sick of people without integrity running events that don’t better our sport. Chainbangerz fills the calendar with crap tourneys (who wants to ace run when ratings are on the line?) and somehow they were able to “take over” all control of tourneys at Lakewood and Seatac. Their biggest fuck up yet, killing CSI.

CSI (Cool Shoes Invitational, for those of you that don’t remember all the way back to last year) was gaining momentum and notoriety after 12 successful years. When I was down in Santa Cruz at worlds, Devan Owens and Will Schusterick told me they were “coming to Seattle to beat Dave at that stupid little C-tier he always wins.” That may not sound very complimentary to you, but trust me, it’s a big deal. We were going to have legit touring pros coming to play our 13th annual CSI……… If these guys weren’t so dim witted they could have capitalized on the strong foundation already built, they could have made a partnership, instead they selfishly stifled us. How much more are we going to lose to them? I say NO MORE!

“To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.” Abraham Lincoln
    Last edited by jWest; April 19th, 2012, 03:17 PM. Reason: quote added!

• PuttsRrad
    replied
    thanks! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by PuttsRrad View Post
    yarmark doesn't have a profile either SAM. lol
    Yeah he does. Checked that when I saw yours.

Click on their name and then on the About Me tab.

Leave a comment:

• PuttsRrad
    replied
    LOL - Mark, I just talked with you at Lakewood yesterday? Saturday? - LOL

Leave a comment:

• PuttsRrad
    replied
    thanks SAM - for the welcome back! Hope you are well.

Leave a comment:

• PuttsRrad
    replied
    yarmark doesn't have a profile either SAM. lol

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied

So glad you are here.

Leave a comment:

• PuttsRrad
    replied
    Okay Sam. Update complete.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    PuttsRrad.... you have not put your real name in your profile. Please understand that we have made a decision to not let people post here anonymously. Please correct within 24 hours or face account suspension.
    Sincerely,
    Your Disc Golf Forum Overlords

Leave a comment:

• PuttsRrad
    replied
    yamark -
    Last edited by PuttsRrad; April 23rd, 2012, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yarmark
    replied
    NO
    you are the one that said " mark cetainly told a different story" (and what multiple stories have i told?)
    I will not be quiet when my words and actions are misrepresented by others.
    once again. who are you? when did we talk? i would love to know.

Get your facts straight before you question my integrity.

I have talked to multiple people on this subject. never once have i changed my story.
    Jessie and kieth both heard the EXACT same story from me. Both have different opinions on the matter tho. hahahahah

What a great way to be an advocate for chainbangerz! lets preach negativity and inflate the facts. great job. way to go. keep up the good work.

Im glad to see that cefire can back up his thoughts, and actions, with intelligent and just reasons.

how about you puttsrad?
    lets hear it!
    You opened this can of worms

Leave a comment:

• PuttsRrad
    replied
    yamark -
    Last edited by PuttsRrad; April 23rd, 2012, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yarmark
    replied
    yep. that totally could have happened. i know it happens all the time, and it will happen again.
    i just dont appriciate others using my experience, then misquoting the facts. putsrad!!!
    well... im just curious what story did you hear? and from whom? being that i have told many people different stories and all.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by yarmark View Post
    i did NOT recieve a phone call. My name and number were blacked out for the most part.
    when was it was done? who knows...
    It seems possible that your name and number were blacked out before the disc was returned to Chainbangerz.

Someone finds the disc and claims it as their own. They lose it and it gets turned in.

Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Leave a comment:

• PuttsRrad
    replied
    whatever

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X