Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible that payouts at the AceRace events are based partly on how many people opted to pay for the additional players packs?
    PDGA 42602
    Chainbangerz DGC #32

Comment

Did i hit the wrong link ?? I thought i hit WASHINGTON EVENTS
      PDGA # 52916
      CRDGC
      TCDGC
      FWWDGC
      PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by Danni View Post
        As far as the comments about "I don't like their events"... this seems a simple fix to me, DON'T attend the events you don't like. ... So if you don't like the events run by a certain company or TD, then simple don't play them.
        ...As far as the CSI issue, there's a lot of "behind the scenes drama" associated with it.
        Danni
        These two go together It is Keith alone who is keeping CSI from happening this year. The board decided that I should be able to offer CSI again and take my chances with just what Danni suggested "Let the players decide to play or not". I even made concessions that I did not need to be the TD just keep the weekend*
        But Keith decided his wishes alone would rule the day. *other club members offered to run it for Bangerz but were unceremoniously denied.

Originally posted by cefire View Post
        P.S. - In addition to not playing the tournaments, you may want to 'boycott' 6 holes from every round at Lakewood, PretzelBowl, and the entire course at SeaTac, because without the efforts of the club, these disc golf resources would no longer be available
        This is a good one Andrew
        Seatac looks like crap right now The scruffiest it's has ever looked. At least when CSI did happen the course was ready for spring play

The fact that herm got the money donated for the course and then wanted to be bought out was a long running discussion before Keith even knew of DG in Seattle.
        The fact that the community rallied to pay you back for buying out herm. So Really THE COMMUINTY OWNS SEATAC not Keith. He might be considered the custodian but not the owner.

One thing is for sure If I were not the Series coordinator this issue would have been pressed to the fullest extent I could
        rewindb.com

Comment

Tis a shame Dan "Cool Shoez" Reynard won't be remembered this year. I really hope that gets rectified. Sorry about the thread drift but peace and love to all!
          Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Originally posted by Getty View Post
            Tis a shame Dan "Cool Shoez" Reynard won't be remembered this year. I really hope that gets rectified. Sorry about the thread drift but peace and love to all!
            Thanks Getty I too am sadend by the missed CSI this year. Your post got me thinking and I realized that at the 2011 CSI I was out to prove my points, Not celebrate Dan and his life. For this I am truly sorry.

On this note
            When I run my next Seatac event it will be called
            Legends of the Northwest
            In honor of all the Disc Golfers we have ost in the past few years. Not just Dan add Ralphie, Both Daves (McCadden and Crazy) , Chris Hurd and very recently Dale Hamlin.

The old adage as you get older you attend more funerals then weddings
            rewindb.com

Comment

some things should never change

Originally posted by Getty View Post
              Dan was cooler than his nickname.
              The last time I saw him was at a gig at WB when he aced hole one with a beat roc.
              I'm not sorry for drifting, this seems of more importance than the OP.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              - Anonymous

Comment

Keyboard courage vs. the unwillingness to state your beef face to face = EQUALS UNNECESSARY DRAMA.

We all enjoy the sport, and should take the initiative to make things better without making it a SOAP OPERA for others to see and revel in. It is bad for the sport

Paul Walker

Comment

Originally posted by pdduubb View Post
                  Keyboard courage vs. the unwillingness to state your beef face to face = EQUALS UNNECESSARY DRAMA.

We all enjoy the sport, and should take the initiative to make things better without making it a SOAP OPERA for others to see and revel in. It is bad for the sport

Paul Walker
                  Amen. This thread is a big sack of shit.

Comment

I am also on the side that wants to thank Chainbangerz for all they do for the disc golf scene in the Puget Sound area. Keith and Andy (hell..even Thomas) are great guys and their heart is in trying to better the disc golf scene in Washington. I have played in a few of their events, enjoyed them, and will play more in the future.

They have also supported all the tournaments I have run by giving me a very very generous bag of goods. In a time when you have to work your ass off trying to get a freakin hole sponsored for $20, they have always been extremely generous. Thank you Bangerz.

I would also love to see the CSI and Jet Wash Open return. Let's resolve whatever issues are keeping this from happening. I don't care who runs them, but they need to return. I miss seeing Guy during check in, so he needs to come back. I would also like to see Edge's Lakewood Open return. That was one of the best ran tournaments in the area.

Now that MLT is having a tournament for Jessie, is there a chance this will open the door for a future Terrace Creek Open?

Let's find a way to bring back more tournaments, not piss off the TD's and Clubs so we end up with fewer ones!

Brian Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                      This is a good one Andrew
                      Seatac looks like crap right now The scruffiest it's has ever looked. At least when CSI did happen the course was ready for spring play

The fact that herm got the money donated for the course and then wanted to be bought out was a long running discussion before Keith even knew of DG in Seattle.
                      The fact that the community rallied to pay you back for buying out herm. So Really THE COMMUINTY OWNS SEATAC not Keith. He might be considered the custodian but not the owner.
                      Yeah, its not like as a direct result of his efforts, the city for the first time since the course was installed actually mowed the fairways... Have you played Seatac lately, it seemed like it was in awesome condition, although that was almost 2 weeks ago now. Must have done some serious growing in that time - I remember when I moved here I thought the locals only played it in the winter (rarely saw anyone out there,

Yes, the community owns SeaTac - totally agreed, BUT as I stated the community would likely own nothing if the club hadn't expended the effort to do so. Having been banned from SeaTac by the city, I'm doubting that you could have signed a new contract with them - could be wrong though
                      Last edited by cefire; April 20th, 2012, 09:52 AM.
                      'Weekend 4 Women':
                      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

These two go together It is Keith alone who is keeping CSI from happening this year. The board decided that I should be able to offer CSI again and take my chances with just what Danni suggested "Let the players decide to play or not". I even made concessions that I did not need to be the TD just keep the weekend*
                        But Keith decided his wishes alone would rule the day. *other club members offered to run it for Bangerz but were unceremoniously denied.
                        Let's call a spade a spade!
                        Not allowing CSI this year is a blatant attempt to kill the Cool Shoez Invitational.
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Peace pipe!

I think someone needs to pass the peace pipe so we can all get along! How about them mariners eh!

Comment

Thanks Getty I too am sadend by the missed CSI this year. Your post got me thinking and I realized that at the 2011 CSI I was out to prove my points, Not celebrate Dan and his life. For this I am truly sorry.

On this note
                            When I run my next Seatac event it will be called
                            Legends of the Northwest
                            In honor of all the Disc Golfers we have ost in the past few years. Not just Dan add Ralphie, Both Daves (McCadden and Crazy) , Chris Hurd and very recently Dale Hamlin.

The old adage as you get older you attend more funerals then weddings
                            (Let me know if I am reading this wrong)

Jub, are these points that you made last year the reason you are not allowed to host the CSI this year? If you would like to state these points, it might clear up the reasons behind the disagreement. As long as a discussion can be had while using logic and without name-calling it might help bring people together.

I think your idea "Legends of the Northwest" is great. If Disc Golfers know about the history of the sport, it can only help the appreciation for what we now have.

Comment

Originally posted by jWest View Post
                              Two of my good friends played the last monthly Ace Run and they both won in their respective divisions. What happened next has lead each of them believe everything I’ve ever told them about the guys who own and operate Chainbangerz. My friend took 1st in Open out of 6 people and received $80. Later we saw online that the winner from the prior month took home $100 out of just four players. Interestingly, someone had asked Keith what the payout was gonna be between rounds and he said he didn’t know yet, obviously that’s because it depends on who wins.

The other friend took first in Advanced and took his script promptly over to the shop to redeem. They didn’t have the bag straps he was looking for (no surprise there), so he browsed the used bin. Lo and behold there was one of his leopards (that I gave him as a gift, btw) with his PDGA number written across the top and his name and phone number on the bottom. He never once received a phone call. He tried to make a deal with the guy at the shop, surely they wouldn’t charge him $8 for his own used plastic. OH BUT THEY DID!! He ended up spending $8 of his script on a disc that had all of his info on it.

I do believe my friends have learned their lesson the hard way. I have quietly avoided supporting this company by not playing their tourneys or buying from their store, until now. I won’t be quiet anymore. We are sick of people without integrity running events that don’t better our sport. Chainbangerz fills the calendar with crap tourneys (who wants to ace run when ratings are on the line?) and somehow they were able to “take over” all control of tourneys at Lakewood and Seatac. Their biggest fuck up yet, killing CSI.

CSI (Cool Shoes Invitational, for those of you that don’t remember all the way back to last year) was gaining momentum and notoriety after 12 successful years. When I was down in Santa Cruz at worlds, Devan Owens and Will Schusterick told me they were “coming to Seattle to beat Dave at that stupid little C-tier he always wins.” That may not sound very complimentary to you, but trust me, it’s a big deal. We were going to have legit touring pros coming to play our 13th annual CSI……… If these guys weren’t so dim witted they could have capitalized on the strong foundation already built, they could have made a partnership, instead they selfishly stifled us. How much more are we going to lose to them? I say NO MORE!

“To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.” Abraham Lincoln
                              Did you approach the TD directly, before postimg on the Internet?

Why are we hearing this from you, and not the affected player?

How does being a high ranked player mean you are contributing to the sport?

Why woud Jub, or anyone, need the permission of ANYONE, except the PDGA and the Park Dept. to run an event? Just do it!

I ran events, and never asked anyone's permission. If you run a good event, word will spread, and people will play. The opposite is also true. My events filled in pre-registration before I retired from TDing.

What is the significance of an event's name? The name does not affect my decusion to. play. I agree with respecting the sport's deceased contributors. But the TD can call it what they want.
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

first off give thanx to those who helped make the path to birdies for all of us!

now back to the original post.

i went into the shop wed to redeem my script hopefully. i let thomas know i live over 2 hours away and didn't have the script card with me. he was willing to help me out. Thanx.

i needed some backstraps. but they only carry the entry level ones, which i dont really care for.
                                i looked for destroyers. none to be seen.
                                rocs. nope
                                classic rocs. nope
                                xd + maybe. nope
                                must be selling alotta plastic

well.... onto the lost n found
                                omg my favorite leopard. which i lost at lakewood in the pond.
                                yes i fd up. i no. i made it go swimmin. ya ya ya
                                i tried to fish it out. no luck
                                i lost this disc one month ago with no phone call

there it is!!! sweet! anyone who plays with me, knows i love that leopard( thanx nate). they also know i am a pretty outspoken person.
                                so when i saw my disc, i said to thomas " hey.... look.... its my favorite leopard. i love this thing. (i did a happy dance too) i so glad to see it. you can see my pdga # right here,( slightly blacked out but legible) and my name and number on the back. ( I even showed you my pdga nuber on the disc and offered to goto my car and show others marked exactly the same)
                                Well 8$ hugh?"
                                he simply replied "It happens"
                                WOW

then i looked on the wall for a couple wall hangers. not alot for me to choose from at a somewhat reasonable price. my total for 3 discs was 70$ plus my used disc for 8$ plus tax. total was 83$ and change. i used the script for 80 and paid the rest in cash.

That IS what happened

i understand running a buisness, and needing to make a profit. but not this way.
                                i wanted to get my disc back, so i paid the money.

we should be working together to promote the sport, not trying to divide the plahyers.
                                the way the situation was handled was poorly in my opinion. but again, its my opinion.

the lost and found policy is another post for another time. but i think something needs to change to better adress ALL problems equally.

HELP send our top female disc golfer to Worlds!!!!!
                                SAVE CSI!!!!! wtf how do we not have Washingtons best tournament this year.

we need to put all personall grudges aside, and do something together for the common greater good of the sport. not just me me me and mine.

NO SOUP FOR CSI!!!!!

o well take it for what its worth.

HAPPY 420 from pdga # 4 420 5

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X