X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tobacco free = more disc golf!!

So its been 7 months now with no smoking anymore!! I have been feeling better than ever, and my sence of smell/taste has been way better too. I have been a smoker for 30 years, I figured that was too long. Its been realy nice having the extra cash for discs and travel to different courses. I even take the woman out once a week for a nice dinner!

If you smoke a pack a day and quit, that 3 premium discs a week!! Thats good motivation, or atleast thats how I went about it. Chewing gum and seeds help too..
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Congrats Mikk! That is a long time, cold turkey?
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Nice! Way to go.

Comment

Great news for both of us.

This will make my round on Saturday much more enjoyable. I can't take even the faintest smell of a cigarette. At the first inhale from 20 feet away, my bronchials start to weep and I start to cough (maybe I shouldn't have smoked so much years ago). I had two groups of golfers with lots of smokers last weekend. I asked one group to try to all smoke at once, so I didn't have to watch where the burning fags were all the time.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
          This will make my round on Saturday much more enjoyable. I can't take even the faintest smell of a cigarette. At the first inhale from 20 feet away, my bronchials start to weep and I start to cough (maybe I shouldn't have smoked so much years ago). I had two groups of golfers with lots of smokers last weekend. I asked one group to try to all smoke at once, so I didn't have to watch where the burning fags were all the time.
          It's your course, you get to make the rules. Just tell 'em they can't smoke at all. (Or say that the NFH's property is the designated smoking area.)
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I understand what it's like to be addicted to nicotine. I want people to enjoy this course. I never want to have to pick up a butt, and I wish I didn't have to dodge smoke. I just want to not get any in me. If they can smoke downwind, being mindful enough to do that, and keep their butts and trash off the course, then I'm somewhat okay with it.

It's too bad that people ever start on the ciggies. We must remember that half the people are of below average intelligence, and to some people with questionable morals, that means profit.

Comment

Wasnt exactly cold turkey, i did chew on grizzley pouches. I have been clean and clear sence january 2012 and I'm never going back!! Its realy nice to have my sence of smell back. I can smell a bbq from a mile away now!!
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

I have been addicted to cold turkey for years. I've decided to quit cold turkey. I'm definitely quitting cold turkey, if anyone asks.

Comment

Ya I like cold turkey sandwiches with johnys salt and mayo
                  Anyways its nice being a non-smoker. I realy stress the fact to those who smoke, please QUIT!! I work in the medical field, got to meet some folks that were smokers and now are either dying from cancer or bed ridden from blood clot strokes from smoking. That is as real as it gets. If you smoke you probibly will end up sick or worse. Its just not worth it..
                  Hukin since 1992
                  DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X