X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost discs at lakewood (bangers)

While playing team golf this year at Lakewood I through a disc in the lake and looked for it after the round but had no success and just hoped for the best that it would be turned into the pro shop there by some nice disc golfer that might not know the disc was very valuable on eBay. So when I went there yesterday I looked through the lost discs but it was not there.
    When I talked to Keith from lamebangers he said that there were some people that had at the least a 1000 disc's to turn in when he brought back the $2 for turning them in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I must say this was all confirmed when NATE BELL, the coolest guy EVER( moved to the top of the X-mas list), saw some people fishing for disc's after I left and asked him if he had my roc. This person did say that he had at least a 1000 disc's at his house and after some persuading by nate to go look he returned with my disc in hand and he was rewarded.
    THANK YOU BRIZZLE BEAR THANK YOU THANK YOU
    I was against the $2 finder fee from the beginning because players from other courses would find discs at there course and take them to bangers for the credit or cash, which would make it tough for players to get there disc back because they might not know to look at bangers for their disc if they lost it at Steily.

So I would ask players to put some pressure on Keith and bangers to get our discs from the people that are holding them hostage and that we as players stop this practice and just return them to each other. Make sure your name and number are on all your discs because the people finding them SHOULD BE CALLING YOU WHEN THEY FIND IT

Lost and founds are a good thing only if the person that lost the disc pays to get it back from the finder or club that has it.

Can not say THANK YOU enough to NATE BELL for getting my baby back to me
    THIS IS A BAD THING FOR ALL YOU BUZZ THROWERS COME MAY
    We all should take better care in our courses

I am glad to hear you got your disc back, kinda, but I am not a fan of how you bash people in doing so. You could have just said thanks to Nate without having to interject your personal feelings for CHAINbangerz. I am sure Keith had good intentions with the lost disc policy, in San Diego they do the same thing (or used to) and it worked out really well. It is sad that a person would find a disc at steilly and travel the distance to turn it in at Lakewood for $2 measly dollars. Those are the people to be upset with not someone who is trying to do good for our sport.

Comment

Hey Mark,

I'm just writing to express my opinion on this subject. FWIW.

I know Chainbangerz is very vigilant about calling every owner of every lost disc they receive. IMO Keith cannot control if finders of these discs call the owners or not, he can suggest that they call the owners of the disc but do they have to? Nope. Yes the finders should attempt to return the disc, but is Keith responsible for their inaction? What he can control is what happens to the disc after it gets turned in. I believe its a great service because people have incentive to turn in lost plastic rather than keep it for themselves.

I've lost 15+ discs in the Puget Sound area in the last 2 years, and I have gotten a total of 2 back. I believe the majority of people finding discs will not attempt to return them. I think Chainbangerz will encourage whoever finds the disc to return it to responsible hands.

As an example, there is a fisherman around the Riverside area that picks plastic out of the river and then throws them up for sale on Craiglist. He does not call and try to return discs. Finders, keepers. At least with the system Chainbangerz uses there is a better chance for returned discs, even if you have to take a trip to Lakewood or pay for postage.

I agree, that someone "holding discs hostage" sucks but when the $2 finder fee program is back, think of all the people that will get a phone call about their lost disc. I know some of the people that find discs at Lakewood use scuba equipment to find the discs. I think this a great service and they should be rewarded. Anyway this post is way to long, just trying to see the flip side.

Comment

I get many more discs returned to me through Chainbangerz with the $2 policy than before it was implemented. "SHOULD BE CALLING YOU WHEN THEY FIND IT" I agree that it should work that way but it usually doesn't. On a side note, I left a red boss near the fairway of hole six at Lakewood after dark the night before they had team golf. I didn't receive a call from any team golfers.

Comment

Yep, I've also gotten way more callbacks since the phone call service that the shop provides started up. Not sure who is 'hoarding' discs to claim a nonexistent reward, but I'd suggest that those folks are likely not going to give you a call anyway (supported by the anecdotal data put forth in this thread so far).

Feel free to continue hating on one of the very few org's that is making progress in the area though...I know that progress might be threatening to the old school (aka dysfunctional) way of doing things...

PS - You did in fact have to pay to retrieve your disc
          PPS - The policy is no longer in effect anywho
          PPPS - Perhaps you might try throwing less expensive discs
          PPPPS - Not sure what Keith is going to say to some disc diver that you couldn't say yourself...
          PPPPPS - If you really want the disc, dive in and get it for yourself
          PPPPPPS - It appears you lost the disc at Lakewood, not sure why Steily players are driving North for an hour to drop off discs for a reward that perhaps will cover the cost of gas
          Last edited by cefire; April 11th, 2012, 11:14 AM.
          'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Funny that you call me dis functional because I have been playing this sport for 20 years.
            Yet not one person has asked who the guy was that has all the discs at his house that's funny !!!!!!!!
            And I always try and reward the finder of my discs just ask around and the players that have returned my discs have been rewarded very well with discs or cash
            If you don't think that I have a point that it is wrong to pay someone for a disc with someone else's name on it then your dumb go bash someone else because this is a point for all golfer to talk about because it is not working when we don't get our discs back.
            Just wait till keith does not pay the guy and he sells all that plastic on ebay.
            Glad i got mine back!!!!!!!!!!
            Nice to see all the lamebangers guys bashing me won't be on this thread again have fun with the bashing

Comment

I was going to be negative, but I'm better than that.
              I would like to say thank you to those people who call on lost discs. Chainbangerz regularly calls me on most of what I loose around Lakewood. Just remember if you loose a disc, its gone!! If you get it back due to the kindness of others, make it right with that person. This way more people will do the right thing, hopefuly.
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

Attacking Keith and the CBDGC is weak. I understand your frustration but you should be focusing on the theives rather than a man or the two men that are helping to bring seattle closer rather than apart. And fwiw, I have gotten multiple calls back from CDGC. They are and will always be saints in my book!
                "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
                  Funny that you call me dis functional because I have been playing this sport for 20 years.
                  Yet not one person has asked who the guy was that has all the discs at his house that's funny !!!!!!!!
                  And I always try and reward the finder of my discs just ask around and the players that have returned my discs have been rewarded very well with discs or cash
                  If you don't think that I have a point that it is wrong to pay someone for a disc with someone else's name on it then your dumb go bash someone else because this is a point for all golfer to talk about because it is not working when we don't get our discs back.
                  Just wait till keith does not pay the guy and he sells all that plastic on ebay.
                  Glad i got mine back!!!!!!!!!!
                  Nice to see all the lamebangers guys bashing me won't be on this thread again have fun with the bashing
                  Who is the guy with all the found discs? I believe your argument is with him and not Chainbangerz. Maybe some other organization can offer up a finders fee and start calling the owners? Just trying to find a amiable solution.

Comment

My only problem is that keith was paying players to turn in discs and now he is not and look what is happening they are holding them hostage.

I did not say that keith did not call players when he gets them he might i don't know.

But he does know they have all those discs and is doing nothing about it and he is at fault for that THAT'S MY B#CTH .

I play banger events I just do not like his lost disc crap, so stick to the facts people 1000's of disc's not turned in.

Comment

Mark, certainly wasn't calling you out as dysfunctional, sorry it was interpreted that way - just referring to the system of strange allegiances/rivalries etc. that seem to make progress so slow here compared to the 6 other disc golf area's I've been involved with.

Also, not saying that Chainbangerz is the source of all good in the community, just that it seems to be a clear step in the right direction (towards communication, collaboration, trying new ideas, etc.), but I've only been playing for 13 years so take it with a grain of salt I guess...
                      'Weekend 4 Women':
                      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I will be the first to say I have never liked the rivalries in this area but that is for another thread.
                        Again my point is that we should keep people from fishing in the lake for OTHER PEOPLES DISCS
                        and knowing they are doing it is wrong in my opinion

Comment

What do you propose Chainbangerz can do to alleviate your frustration? Again Keith is not responsible for the inaction of other people, so faulting him for it is not right. He started the finder fee program and was losing money the whole time, for the benefit of all disc golfers. Now we are at same point before the program, the majority of people not returning discs.

How can someone keep people from looking for discs at a public park? Is it illegal? I know in a perfect world everybody would have the decency to return property to an owner that lost or abandoned it, but obviously we do not have that situation.

Comment

You lost all credibility when you call Nate Bell the coolest guy ever....
                            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by discgolfingkilmers View Post
                              while playing team golf this year at lakewood i through a disc in the lake and looked for it after the round but had no success and just hoped for the best that it would be turned into the pro shop there by some nice disc golfer that might not know the disc was very valuable on ebay. So when i went there yesterday i looked through the lost discs but it was not there.
                              When i talked to keith from lamebangers he said that there were some people that had at the least a 1000 disc's to turn in when he brought back the $2 for turning them in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              I must say this was all confirmed when nate bell, the coolest guy ever( moved to the top of the x-mas list), saw some people fishing for disc's after i left and asked him if he had my roc. This person did say that he had at least a 1000 disc's at his house and after some persuading by nate to go look he returned with my disc in hand and he was rewarded.
                              thank you brizzle bear thank you thank you
                              i was against the $2 finder fee from the beginning because players from other courses would find discs at there course and take them to bangers for the credit or cash, which would make it tough for players to get there disc back because they might not know to look at bangers for their disc if they lost it at steily.

So i would ask players to put some pressure on keith and bangers to get our discs from the people that are holding them hostage and that we as players stop this practice and just return them to each other. Make sure your name and number are on all your discs because the people finding them should be calling you when they find it

lost and founds are a good thing only if the person that lost the disc pays to get it back from the finder or club that has it.

Can not say thank you enough to nate bell for getting my baby back to me
                              This is a bad thing for all you buzz throwers come may

rumors are started by haters,spread by fools,and accepted by idiots.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X