X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sam View Post
    this is a really disappointing thread on a lot of levels...
    yeah.....there are so many things i want to say that most are not even considering, but it would be a waste.

I agree with sam.
    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
      willy wonka is my fav.
      silly you don't know me, we have never meet and you do not know what I have done in my years of playing disc golf to help the sportexcept what you hear from other donkey holes
      and keith I do know that I only have selective hearing when the wife is talking and you did say a 1000 and to give you the benefit of doubt to you a $1000 worth of discs is still 500 discs
      I will say I don't have a solution for this problem but I do not need one keith does
      I got a lot of disc's back that did not have my phone number on them so not sure it is required
      and remember the day when you just gave the disc back to the guy when you saw at the course?
      Rob dean and I for years collected lost disc's at steily and did not charged anyone we just made a list and posted it at the course and on thursdays we took them all to the course. It was not perfect by any means but it worked for us.
      I hate mark kilmer too the guy is a fag
      Man, sometimes I really dispise how this forum can be abused.
      There is rarely a smooth conflict-debate-resolution formula on any given topic, without counterproductive motion,and personal opinions brought along.

mark,now I know when speaking to you in person I better say EXACTLY what I mean, with clear and concise words so you do not confuse them and then decide to bring up our conversation to a public online format.

Regardless of you giving me the benefit of doubt, you heard wrong.
      Good math skills though.

I really do not think I need to come up with a solution, because I don't view it as a problem. I remember asking as many people as possible on this forum and every single person who has ever gotten there discs back,and even those who haven't, now in both shops.
      Results:
      I can count on one hand how many people that are not supportive of our L&F policy and have issues with it.Sorry that your one of those non supporters.But you are entitled to your own opinion.

I CAN honestly say more people do not like the current:not getting $2 in-store credit when turning discs in, so...... I will be starting that back up real soon again.
      Special thanks go out to John Anderson for stepping it up and offering his time and energy. I feel it's a great solution to the "scales being tipped too far on the giving,versus receiving end" problem.

I DO remember when there were about 25 people who played disc golf on a regular basis,on a 7 hole course in the foothills of CA. With about 5 molds available,if you can believe that. Also when I first started playing, If you found one that wasn't yours,it had to have been one of those other 25 cats,so it was left at #7's basket. No names,and most of the time we would swap discs just to see what they would do. Otherwise I would not have known that there were more discs,other than the Aero,Roc,X-D,stingray and cobras out there.
      But guess what? Those days are over.

EVERYDAY at Lakewood, EVERYDAY!!! there are new players coming in. To not only play for the first time but also coming from other cities,and other states. So you tell me,how are any of these new players, out-of-towners suppose to know who you are just by having your name on your disc?

The key word is "worked" for you,and that is Past tense,correct?

Comment

Originally posted by dan mc View Post
        I have benifitted from the chainbangers lost and found policy on numerous occasions and for that i thank keith. One problem that has happenef in the past(no fault of chainbangers) at steili is people holding onto found plastic until they have enough to justify the trip to burien then cashing it in for new stuff for themselves. Onmore than one occasion i've had to drive up north to pick up plastic lost down here.

Thanks for the support Dan.

One thing we strive to acheive is that when anyone with more than 3 discs show up, with multiple names, if not from one known source ie;Lakewood pond or lake,that we question where this person got all of these discs with all these different names on them. If there are any suspicions and we feel they have stole them or just don't feel good about it, we take the discs and we DO NOT give this person any in-store credit,and we call these people to say there disc is here,come pick it up for FREE,and beware of ........ who brought them to us.
        Its also hard sometimes because someone may pick a disc up at steili, throw it a few times, bring it to another course-seatac, throw it some more- lakewood and loose it. So now its made its way up north,and sometimes even across state borders.
        So we felt early on by offering this program if someone is on the fence about calling or turning it in, this $2 would help them make the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
          yeah.....there are so many things i want to say that most are not even considering, but it would be a waste.

I agree with sam.
          Yeah, I wanted to stay in this group, but...

When you throw your (irreplaceable) or any other plastic into the drink, and you're unwilling to go in after it, you've abandoned it. You can't expect to go home, put on the game, kick back on the couch, and wait for someone to don their scuba gear, get your disc and call you. Sure, it's nice if they do, good karma and all that, but IMO they have NO OBLIGATION to call you.

Sure, i'm bummed when I lose a disc and don't get a call, but when you put your info on your disc, you're really just trying to give yourself a CHANCE at getting it back.

I've got a feeling if the OP had thrown a beat garbage"water hole" Groove in the pond, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
          Basket thieves

Comment

Fish on. Thanks Keith for reeling in my sinker buzz.
            www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

An idea Mr Anderson

How about if you had a box for the guy that fishes in the lake at your store and we pay him when we get our discs back from him and he can give you(keith) and a cut of what he gets to you ,maybe that could work for lost discs. Then you do not have to come out of pocket for any lost discs. Put an envelope on the disc and when I (someone else) see's there disc in your store they can put money in it and it would already have the guys name that found it on the envelope and then they can come get it from you. This would keep your money in your pocket but also continuing to give the service. Just a thought. I don't think we should have to wait to keith to pay the guy to get our discs back and this could change that. A buddy and I both looked for the disc in the water this winter and would have looked again if I had not got it back so just knowing it was out would be helpful in the future. I'm sure the guy got more then two dollars for the disc the last guy got $20 for finding it. so both the finder and keith would be getting plastic back to us faster and with maybe more reward? Keith you could have that person bring the disc's to the course at your events and we as players could then buy them back also that might get more players to your event also.
                We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

A constructive idea delivered in a non offensive way!

Hopefully, this leads to productive conversations, less name calling, & less bad jokes.
                  Read this ^

Comment

How about if you had a box for the guy that fishes in the lake at your store and we pay him when we get our discs back from him and he can give you(keith) and a cut of what he gets to you ,maybe that could work for lost discs. Then you do not have to come out of pocket for any lost discs. Put an envelope on the disc and when I (someone else) see's there disc in your store they can put money in it and it would already have the guys name that found it on the envelope and then they can come get it from you. This would keep your money in your pocket but also continuing to give the service. Just a thought. I don't think we should have to wait to keith to pay the guy to get our discs back and this could change that. A buddy and I both looked for the disc in the water this winter and would have looked again if I had not got it back so just knowing it was out would be helpful in the future. I'm sure the guy got more then two dollars for the disc the last guy got $20 for finding it. so both the finder and keith would be getting plastic back to us faster and with maybe more reward? Keith you could have that person bring the disc's to the course at your events and we as players could then buy them back also that might get more players to your event also.
                    I think this could work. Would finder fee amount be up to the owner? The finder would not get the guaranteed $2 per disc but he might average better than that if he finds a $200 ROC every month. (J/K) Might be worth a shot, but its up to the finder and Keith.

Comment

It's threads like this that make me glad that all of you use nicknames so that I can remain "dumb" to the hatin' going around and the awful things that have been said. I'm glad that some folk have really said some nice supportive things on here despite the general temperature.

I love disc golf, I want to play a lot of disc golf. I play at whatever courses I want and I support any and all clubs in any way that I can. I am a club member of clubs here in Seattle and down in Portland.

Threads like this are holding back the growth of disc golf in Seattle and in general.

If any one of you wants to play a round... I will most likely be at SeaTac early Sunday. PM me, give me a ring. I would love the company and to chat about all the awesome parts of the game that I pretty much heart the heck out of.

p.s.- Hatin' and homophobic language aren't welcome. I don't want to ruin my disc golf high (:

Comment

Yeah, I don't think this public forum was an appropriate place for the OP to air out his grievance against Chainbangers. Just not cool,and it sounds like he's been around awhile, so he should know better.
                        Basket thieves

Comment

I can't actually believe I am writing AGAIN on this same tired post.
                          .but here goes:

Can somebody please do me a favor and tell Mark to read previous posts.

Mark, I can't teach a 40 yr old how to read, because I am currently teaching my 3 year old daughter how,and thats enough hooked on phonics for me.

But just in case you didn't get what I said in person and a few times here, I will do it in a Dr. Suess style: Sorry I cannot provide any fun pictures.

There is no guy with 1000 discs,
                          not in his house,
                          not in his car,
                          not in his boat,
                          nor near or far.

There is no guy with 500 discs,
                          there is no guy with 100 discs,
                          not in his house,
                          not in his car,
                          not in his boat,
                          nor near or far.

There never was such a tale,
                          this post is beyond stale.

You lost your disc,
                          then it was returned,
                          for far less,then the fisher had earned.

You got lucky this time,
                          you made a mistake,
                          dont cry anymore,and for god sakes.
                          DON'T THROW YOUR 01 ROC IN THE LAKE!!!

But if you still feel so inclined,
                          once again,
                          start your own business and then,,,,
                          you can do whatever the hell you want with your precious lost & found bin..
                          Last edited by chainbanger'z; April 19th, 2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Nice to see all the lamebangers guys bashing me won't be on this thread again have fun with the bashing
                            Error in fact! But would have been better if true.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                              Error in fact! But would have been better if true.
                              Much. The shovel got bigger with each time he posted...
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X