X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
    do you really want to open up that can of worms. Really!?!
    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Surely there's a better battle to pick... with all of the atrocities going on in the world, we're focusing our attention on things like breastfeeding in public and disc return policy. I don't hear anybody speaking out about the starving, disc-less children in third world countries...

I am definitely in favor of the lost disc policy & as a member of the club I support all that Keith has done for us, & don't really appreciate the 'lamebangerz' moniker. As a friend to parties on both sides of this discussion, I'd like to see less attacking and more 'constructive criticism'. Mark, from what I understand, you've done much for the sport, too, so I would commend that as well.

I imagine that the 1000 discs was a bit of an embellishment, & someone (including Nate) could've just suggested(disclaimer>assuming he didn't) that he call the #'s and offer to return the discs for a $2 reward. I will GLADLY pay $2 for any lost disc(let alone one of those $200 rocs- RU kid'n me), especially if it had to be fished out of a pond. Is it really that bad if the guy is making $20 an hour fishing our shanks out of the drink? (assuming the discs do in fact get returned) Also, if someone feels passionately enough about it &/or threw dozens of them in the lake, I assume the guy will be out there retrieving in the weeks to come.
      Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; April 12th, 2012, 08:31 PM.
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

this was really innapropriate and a disrespectful jab. i really expect better from you silly.
        Team HOSER:dancing:
        Team OLY:cheerleader:
        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
          this was really inappropriate and a disrespectful jab. i really expect better from you silly.
          It's more like a rabbit punch!!!! Tom as soon as you have half the time Mark does that will EARN you the right to criticize.

One thing that does bother me is the flaccid excuse
          ..."you did not put your phone number on it"

I don't put my number on my discs ( I do put jub on the top) because most everybody knows me. If they don't by just asking around (a little) someone would know how to get in touch with me.

L & F bounties is not the lamest thing though
          rewindb.com

Comment

I have benifitted from the chainbangers lost and found policy on numerous occasions and for that i thank keith. One problem that has happenef in the past(no fault of chainbangers) at steili is people holding onto found plastic until they have enough to justify the trip to burien then cashing it in for new stuff for themselves. Onmore than one occasion i've had to drive up north to pick up plastic lost down here.

Comment

willy wonka is my fav.
              silly you don't know me, we have never meet and you do not know what I have done in my years of playing disc golf to help the sportexcept what you hear from other donkey holes
              and keith I do know that I only have selective hearing when the wife is talking and you did say a 1000 and to give you the benefit of doubt to you a $1000 worth of discs is still 500 discs
              I will say I don't have a solution for this problem but I do not need one keith does
              I got a lot of disc's back that did not have my phone number on them so not sure it is required
              and remember the day when you just gave the disc back to the guy when you saw at the course?
              Rob dean and I for years collected lost disc's at steily and did not charged anyone we just made a list and posted it at the course and on thursdays we took them all to the course. It was not perfect by any means but it worked for us.
              I hate mark kilmer too the guy is a fag
              We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
                willy wonka is my fav.
                silly you don't know me, we have never meet and you do not know what I have done in my years of playing disc golf to help the sportexcept what you hear from other donkey holes
                and keith I do know that I only have selective hearing when the wife is talking and you did say a 1000 and to give you the benefit of doubt to you a $1000 worth of discs is still 500 discs
                I will say I don't have a solution for this problem but I do not need one keith does
                I got a lot of disc's back that did not have my phone number on them so not sure it is required
                and remember the day when you just gave the disc back to the guy when you saw at the course?
                Rob dean and I for years collected lost disc's at steily and did not charged anyone we just made a list and posted it at the course and on thursdays we took them all to the course. It was not perfect by any means but it worked for us.
                Sorry, but hate speech isn't allowed, even if you direct it at your self. This ought to be an interesting exercise for the moderation team.

Comment

Comment

Yeah there's no homophobia in disc golf.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Wow, stay away from the scene for a few months and come back to see that that familiar vinegary odor is still pervasive.

Keep up the good work, Keith.
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

willy wonka is my fav.
                        I believe Keith was saying that when the program was still operating they had given out $1000 in store credit, this is why the program stopped because the amount they could not recoup.

Mark you are OP, you stated that you have a problem with Chainbangerz lost and found, you need the solution. Keith does not have a problem with the program that now does not exist.

Phone numbers are not required to get your disc back but it is a lot easier for the majority of disc golfers to find the original owner. Most people who disc golf do not know about the PDGA or PDGA #s, or nicknames. Yes, people should still want to give the disc back but there is no good reason why to make the process inconvenient for them.

Comment

That makes two people coming out on a disc golf forum in the same week!

Hopefully, talking about it will help overcome the admitted self loathing.
                          Read this ^

Comment

Yeah there's no homophobia in disc golf.
                            sorry silly but you have the wrong thread, you created a thread dedicated to that subject. please dont bring it in this one as well.
                            Team HOSER:dancing:
                            Team OLY:cheerleader:
                            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                              sorry silly but you have the wrong thread, you created a thread dedicated to that subject. please dont bring it in this one as well.
                              Really!?

The OP is the one who brought it to this thread with his bigotry comment.

Comment

This is a really disappointing thread on a lot of levels...
                                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X