X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
    My only problem is that keith was paying players to turn in discs and now he is not and look what is happening they are holding them hostage.

I did not say that keith did not call players when he gets them he might i don't know.

But he does know they have all those discs and is doing nothing about it and he is at fault for that THAT'S MY B#CTH .

I play banger events I just do not like his lost disc crap, so stick to the facts people 1000's of disc's not turned in.

You nailed it there Mark, the problem is you DON'T know.
    I DO CALL EVERY SINGLE DISC THAT HAS EVER BEEN TURNED IN, FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS,ALMOST EVERYDAY!!!!! IF I don't I have employees,friends,or club volunteers that do.
    Along with the call, its specific disc color and type as well as date called,and what store they can be found at,and for how long.
    No one has 1000 discs that I know of. When I said to you I knew of one person who has fished out the lake for almost two weeks straight, even with his 4 month old child on the shoreline with him, has "claimed" he has close to 50 discs, now that could even be exaggerated. And even if this person does have 50 discs, have YOU fished out discs for 2 weeks straight looking for one for your own? have YOU called all these people?
    The problem is there are no facts. Your accusations are purely speculative, and honestly petty and annoying. Accusing me of these things with a glimpse of hope that you can get others to follow your lead. Your outta line,Grow up man!
    Use this forum in a more productive way.

Comment

But he does know they have all those discs and is doing nothing about it and he is at fault for that THAT'S MY B#CTH .
      How Is Keith at fault for somebody he doesn't know holding discs hostage? That is ludicrous!...What is he supposed to do, kick the dudes door down and steal all the discs (because that is totally the right thing to do) back for us discers? The problem is there is no police jurisdiction. I think we should try and get a petition going that would require discs be returned to their rightful owners when they are clearly marked with your name and number on them (not likely but worth the thought).

This problem is everywhere...in Roseburg, OR at Riverfront park there is a guy who scubas for discs in the river and sells them on ebay. The police cannot prosecute him because disc value is not at the amount required to prosecute. If a guy had a 1,000 disc's, that would be different, but I seriously doubt the guy has that many discs. think of how many discs would need to be thrown in the lake for someone to come out with a 1,000 of them despite all the other people out there fishing for them as well.

Until something can legally be done...DON'T THROW YOUR DISCS IN A LAKE THAT IS REALLY NOT THAT HARD TO AVOID...

Comment

As the Man in charge of the lost and found at Chainbangerz flagship store in Burien I can assure you that I have gone through every single disc and called and been very clear as to how you can get your disc back. I get a weekly flow of lost discs from the lake that hasn't stopped even after the $2 credit policy stopped. The $2 credit policy was started because everyone at Chainbangerz are Disc Golfers and we all know how it feels to lose your favorite disc and not get it returned so it was designed with players in mind. Many other places across the country have the EXACT same policy including Scott Papa at Dalaiwood. I'm not exactly sure how you can hold Keith or Chainbangerz responsible for some guy who is fishing for discs down at the lake. Your continued bashing of an entity that tries to do good in the community is not helping the sport or your reputation.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I think we all need to smoke the peace pipe. This is how wars get started. F F Forget the internet. At the very least I would like to get the contact info of the guy that has 1k discs so I can try and buy all of them to hoard to my self. As far as taking a shot at my sponsers, That's LAME. I have got 3 very sacred discs back via the CDGC. I even paid twice to get back the same disc that likes the water making it even more valuable to me. I have lost a few at Steily and no deposit no return. I lost a mini at White River and got it back at Chainbagers. The message I want to pass on is Take it offline. Make a phone call or meet in person. We are bigger than this. Lets have a conference call on Rewindb. #unity CMC MUSIC FACTORY
          www.rewindb.com

Comment

To provide an outside perspective, those talking shit on Chainbangerz sound like complete asses to me right now. Visited Seattle last weekend and Lakewood was by far my most enjoyable disc golf experience due to the community that seems to support the course and integrity surrounding disc golf in the area. Met good people, was immediately offered a guide through the course (which fell through, but another local disc golfer was there to help out anyway), and saw that the majority of those fetching discs from the water were obviously getting them to their rightful owners. As with anywhere, I'm sure there are bad seeds, but calling out the management of the course, or the CBDGC, seems like misdirected frustration. Feeling that welcome on a foreign course was very unique, and clearly Chainbangerz are taking great strides in the right direction. Cheers.

Comment

Bangerz Three years on.

Must not type!!!!!!

Keith is in over his head!

Why, you ask?
              Because of the blowhards who convince him it's a worthy project or idea, volunteer to help and then NO SHOW. I seriously doubt he thought that when he started a DG Retail he was staring three other businesses as well. So when you know of a Keith project or event that gets scaled back or is slow to arrive It's because he is finding out he's (and a few helpers) are totally on their own.
              Burning bridges with the few who WILL HELP, is not helping.

Bangerz the Business
              Bangerz the Club (Curious if/where the two entities begin and end)
              Landscaping at both Lakewood and the Tac (the Tac is in SERIOUS n need of the work party this Sun)
              Non Profit D.O.S.

Yes Lakewood is off and running in it's current state but that's where all the (it seems) resources are being used. New Pads and Benches

SeaTac=Cinderella

Back to our program
              Why would anyone want to collect lost and found?
              Altruistic answer and the one easiest to swallow
              "For the good of the sport"

Business Model
              "Sure it looks good, but it gets people into the store and maybe they might buy something else"

The variable is the time, effort and SPACE it takes to organize and facilate their return. For some businesses it SOP to get rid of them as fast as possible hoping that people will purchase from them.
              rewindb.com

Comment

I think you accidentally typed...
                'Weekend 4 Women':
                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Stick to the Tread

If you don't want to believe that keith himself said he knew someone had a 1000 discs and if you don't want to believe that the guy fishing told nate that he had a 1000 disc's then I do not know what to say to anyone. I do not know if I am seen as a liar but I would not think I have that reputation ?

And again for the slow people I never said anything about any lost disc's that have been turned in to bangers just the ones they know this guy has and are not doing anything about it.

Why can't keith tell the guy to stop fishing for profit ( he is there all the time)

And again this is a problem that he started with paying players to not give the disc back to the owner but to sell it to bangers and then he will charge you for it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

When someone is holding disc's hostage for money it is not working
                  We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

Even if 100 people told the guy to stop looking for discs, would it matter?

Again, is it against the law to look for discs?

The program was started so more discs would find their way home. I believe it did its job. Right now their is no finders fee, and this disc fisher is still searching for discs. Your argument is with the fisher, not Keith.

Comment

This is obviously a politically motivated bashing based on the fact that Chainbangerz is doing things and has done things that other clique groups haven't accomplished because of infighting and laziness. Now the goal is to knock Chainbangerz down to your level because you are jealous of the success of Keith, the club, the shop, whatever. Like I said before this policy has been in place all over the country including Dalaiwood but no one ever whines about how Scott Papa "holds discs for ransom".

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Kieth just read your post and I jumped your a$s when you told me that guy had a 1000 discs and was waiting for you to pay him. And have told you what you need to do if your going to continue with your way of getting disc's back to players and you said it was to much work and you don't have time.
                        So lets talk in the truth and not start out by lying saying you did not tell me about the guy with all the disc's.
                        And I don't know who he is, but Keith does so who is he keith
                        And john it is with keith he started this mess.

So lets all just stand around and watch instead of doing something to stop it from continuing to go on and on. smart
                        We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

Besides asking the "fisher" to stop looking for discs and please return the ones he has to the rightful owners. (just try to enforce that)

PLEASE propose your solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                            Again, is it against the law to look for discs?
                            No, but it is against the law to keep property if you can reasonably assume that it was lost and not abandoned. A name and phone number on the back is sufficient.

At least that's the case in Oregon. Not sure what you lawless hooligans up in Washington have going on.

Comment

Kieth just read your post and I jumped your a$s when you told me that guy had a 1000 discs and was waiting for you to pay him. And have told you what you need to do if your going to continue with your way of getting disc's back to players and you said it was to much work and you don't have time.
                              So lets talk in the truth and not start out by lying saying you did not tell me about the guy with all the disc's.
                              And I don't know who he is, but Keith does so who is he keith
                              And john it is with keith he started this mess.

So lets all just stand around and watch instead of doing something to stop it from continuing to go on and on. smart
                              Mark,
                              Heres the deal.First and foremost I don't really owe you any kind of explanation. But since your wrong about a few things I will at least correct you,and tell you,as well as everyone else, my side of the story. Also yeah
                              I get it! You have personal issues with this policy. Thats great,its not for everyone, just the 99%. So your the 1%. Maybe you should start an "Occupy Chainbangerz" ?

I did say I know this person,not personally, were not buddies. He'e a regular that plays disc golf & lives close by.
                              I NEVER said he has 1000 discs, you heard wrong. Its called selective hearing. You heard what you wanted, you were bummed your disc wasn't in our lost and found, and felt like that was enough reason to rant on the public forum & blow this waaaaay out of proportion.

Heres where the confusion started: I told you we have given out over $1000 in-store credit,and have not returned on that.
                              Then I said I know one guy who is fishing discs out,hell I know over 20 folks who fish discs out and 2 scuba divers.
                              This specific person IS calling people.
                              Other things were said, but those were the words I said that are relevant to this post/response.

Oddly enough as I am writing this I saw this "person" here today at Lakewood that you want to know so badly. I asked him about this whole ordeal,guess what? he tried to call you BUT...... you didn't put your number on your disc. I actually told him about your rant here online and him,like many others, thinks your a d-bag. I am sure if he comes across your disc(s) again he may just leave it in the water, since your so against the L&F policy?
                              I heard your suggestions before and I will tell you now what I told you before, YOU DO IT.
                              Your right about one thing I did say, I don't have enough time to put out a webpage with everyones disc description on it and update it daily.
                              I think a phone call is plenty. For those who want their disc back they come and grab it back after they recieved a phone call.
                              Maybe you would prefer that I hand deliver every disc? maybe I will put on my santa suit as well?
                              I would have a DISClaimer though: "Please don't start any fires if you have lost a disc as I will be coming down the chimney with your lost disc".
                              Heres what you should do,since your so adamant about telling me what to do: why not start "Mark Kilmers way better lost & found policy"?maybe you could rent a store front,get a business license,pay taxes,rent,have a web site that has pictures of every disc that has been found with daily updates? (if you do this I want at least 10% for the idea)

I could give you King County Park Director's #?Its pretty easy to find online though, his name is Kevin Brown,you can call him and start a King County Park wide legislation that bans people from using golden retrievers inside King County Parks that have disc golf courses with water holes in them.

But lets say you REALLY want this disc back? and decided to actually spend weeks looking for it, but you found someone elses disc(s) while you were looking for yours? What then? Put it back in the water cause its not yours?
                              I really don't understand your logic, do you have any?
                              You think by me not giving people $2 in-store credit it is causing them to "hoard" them? Amazing, did Nate not get your precious disc you lost back to you? Didn't this guy go home and grab your disc for you? which BTW once again DIDN'T HAVE YOUR NUMBER ON IT!!!!!!!!!
                              Also what you are unaware of is that there are allot of people who turn in allot of discs and don't want $2, and guess what we still call the rightful owners and tell them there disc is here,and its free for them to pick it up.
                              Some people even call the person,tell them where it will be,and they drop off the disc.
                              So ultimetely our main goal is for people to have a place to come get there disc they lost. Like it or not its a service. Just like the waitress/waiter who brings you your food and clears your plates for you, but I am sure thats something "you can do better" as well right?
                              Other helpful suggestions: Stop throwing a disc that your gonna cry about loosing.
                              And lastly and most importantly get your facts straight before you try to call me out.
                              Maybe look more into the future instead of the past,with disc golf. As it is rapidly progressing wouldn't it make more sense to also make a conscience effort to look forward and at least try to change the way you think or act?
                              Don't we owe it to Disc Golf?
                              Or simply just offer up a better solution to what you see as a problem. And rather than complaining about it,actually do something about it?

Comment

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X