Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the original poster started the thread because he felt discriminated against.
    The way people approach the topic says a lot about their attitude towards gay people.

Comment

I think Adam hit the nail on the head with the first response in the thread.

Silly, I wanted to let you know that I totally love vagina. And although I can't look you in the eyes when I talk to you, its nothing personal.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Dude, let me assure you that NO ONE worth knowing in the disc golf community gives ONE SHIT about who your having sex with, as long as it's not a minor.

That was the most ridiculous article I have ever read in my life!!!

"The overwhelming support to put our nation's openly gay on the front line may just be disc golf's conspiratorial attempt at a legal form of execution, leaving the dirty work to our enemy combatants"

The person who wrote this is fucking crazy

You posting this and reacting to it like it holds any credence in reality
        HURTS MY SOUL
        Disc golf by day, Joe rogan podcast by night! All day!

Comment

I missed the first link the first time around. I only saw the thread link.
          That type of BS writing isn't about anything.
          A blog is like reading a degenerate's journal.
          It's creepy, but I don't think anyone of even modest intelligence would take crap like that to heart.

Comment

"My Gay friends can't believe it when they find out that I play the sport, it's like I just told them I don't love Lady Gaga or something."

How dare you
            I bet a lot of gay people out there have good taste in music

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
              I believe the original poster started the thread because he felt discriminated against.
              The way people approach the topic says a lot about their attitude towards gay people.
              QFT
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Thanks so much for bringing these issues to the fore Sillybizz, as well as sharing your personal perspective with the forum. While on the whole I love the disc golf community here in the NW, I've definitely met people with homophobic attitudes on the course, and not just among casual players. I'd definitely agree that people will often let their views out more in anonymous and/or private spaces, the most openly anti-LGBT comments I hear usually come in situations where I, for example, join up with a random group of friends on a course, since they are in their own private company (myself excluded) more unfiltered opinions come out than say, 4 random people in a tournament group.
                PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

There is no issue to bring to the fore Josh that was just the ravings of a lunatic seeking attention.
                  (The blogger not you sillybizz)

Of course there are probably homophobic people in the DG community but SO WHAT that's their problem right?
                  Last edited by Denny; April 8th, 2012, 11:19 PM.

Comment

QFT?

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                      QFT?
                      Sorry - Quoted For Truth.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Thomas, I am shocked. I didn't know people actually liked lady gaga.
                        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I think that we should try to put DG courses in places where people group up and listen to Lady Gaga so that they have to find somewhere else to do this unseemly practice.
                          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

disc golf (Vs.?) and lady gaga fans.

I do find listening to lady gaga to be more offensive than dudes picking up dudes. Unintended hijack. Even though I only read the first post and nothing more this is what stuck with me.
                            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I antcipated some joking, denial and maybe some out right disagreements involving this thread but what I hadn't thought of was the amazing amount of people who have sent me messages on this subject showing their support and courage. I've even already had someone thank me in person for bringing this subject up. There are lots of LGBT Disc Golfers in our sport and I believe it's important for them to know they are not alone and that there is support from other people out there regardless of orientation. We don't have to be quiet and we don't have to be in the closet!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Like the many colors of the discs in my bag there are many colors in the rainbow. I'm down with all of them.
                                www.rewindb.com