Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XandorF View Post
    As long as you don't register as a Pro or
    i am registered as a pro; however, i have talked with multiple people, including Dave Feldberg (mr. prez), and i have been told that you can continue to play MA1 as long as you are not a Touring Pro. so not a touring pro and have not accepted cash... but please correct me if im wrong.

accept cash too late... ($20 at slosh lol )
    im sure i could petition to get that removed. regardless, if i dont take cash, which i definitely plan on doing, at the GNO or the Aloha i will punch myself in the face.

here is the criteria to be considered a touring pro...

PDGA World Champions 2007-2011 (last 5 years) in Pro Divisions (Singles Events Only)
    United States Champions 2007-2011 (last 5 years) in Pro Divisions (Singles Events Only)
    2011 National Tour and SuperTour Winners in the MPO and FPO Divisions
    Player Rating of 1000+ (Men) or 930+ (Women) as of 2/14/12 ratings update
    2011 Tour Cash Won - Male Players $5000+, Female Players $2500+

only 89 men made this list. so by "mr prez's" logic, all but 89 people in the world could play AM.
    Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
      here is the criteria to be considered a touring pro...

PDGA World Champions 2007-2011 (last 5 years) in Pro Divisions (Singles Events Only)
      United States Champions 2007-2011 (last 5 years) in Pro Divisions (Singles Events Only)
      2011 National Tour and SuperTour Winners in the MPO and FPO Divisions
      Player Rating of 1000+ (Men) or 930+ (Women) as of 2/14/12 ratings update
      2011 Tour Cash Won - Male Players $5000+, Female Players $2500+

only 89 men made this list. so by "mr prez's" logic, all but 89 people in the world could play AM.
      true. good math. and correct me if im wrong here mat, but you arnt correcting me, youre just calling me out? does anyone have any actual information??

and yes mat, i believe that feldberg would know... is that to much of a stretch for me just to take his word on the rulings? i think he's played a couple tourney's.

PS. THIS IS NOT A 'SLIGHT' (word of the day) AT MAT OWENS. combining mat's statistics and my hearsay version of the rule book has led me to believe that it is very easy for people to drop down divisions. i am not a touring pro, yet , but im just playing devils advocate anyways, cause i wouldn't play advanced unless i was unable to play a certain tourney any other way.

PPS hagerty, im pretty sure its PPS not PSS. COM'ON MAN!!

Comment

i am registered as a pro; however, i have talked with multiple people, including Dave Feldberg (mr. prez), and i have been told that you can continue to play MA1 as long as you are not a Touring Pro. so not a touring pro and have not accepted cash... but please correct me if im wrong.

im sure i could petition to get that removed. regardless, if i dont take cash, which i definitely plan on doing, at the GNO or the Aloha i will punch myself in the face.
        I know for women who are classified as pro, and/or have expected cash you are allowed to play in the advanced women's division if you rating is below 850 for non majors only. I do believe it is the same for pro men as long as their rating is below 970 I think.

Check out the player grid at the bottom it addresses pros playing am.

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...sionGrid_0.pdf

Cindy
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

I've never heard of tournig pro as the deciding factor - I thought it was all about whether or not the player had accepted cash. From my understanding, you are not currently eligible to play the am side of the BSF.

But I've been wrong before.

Comment

he is allowed because he is under 970. the ONLY time you can be forced to play open is if your rating is over 970 AND you have accepted cash. "touring pro" is irrelevant.

Pinkal is over 1000 but not on that touring pro list...so according to "Mr. President" he can play AM all he wants.

Pinkal, thanks for being my example.
            Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

Sheesh........Being a "Touring Pro" (or not) has NOTHING to do with the ability to play AM.

It all comes down to a players rating (The "prez" certianly should know that)

This document from pdga.com tells all..

ANY Pro player.....with a rating below 970 can play in the Advanced division of an A tier and below.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                Sheesh........Being a "Touring Pro" (or not) has NOTHING to do with the ability to play AM.

It all comes down to a players rating (The "prez" certianly should know that)

This document from pdga.com tells all..

ANY Pro player.....with a rating below 970 can play in the Advanced division of an A tier and below.

Well THAT was a bit late. But I guess that more info is better than NO info.

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                  Four divisions -
                  1. Men that play for money
                  2. Men that don't play for money
                  3. Women that play for money
                  4. Women that don't play for money

Who cares if you 'won' or not? Does it matter for your enjoyment of playing in a tournament? If so, you should probably just bag in a super low division!

For nearly all of my recent tournaments, I've had one division (no payout/low entry) - focus on enjoyment of the game rather than what prizes you won by playing...
                  On a loosely related note this post was the 500th one on this forum with the word bag in it!

Comment

With the predominant format in tourneys in the USA ams are basically playing for money with all the stacks of plastic, bags, schwag etc in the events we hold. Perhaps if we had trophy only with player packs for all contestants, we could lessen the perceived bagger problem, ( a few names come to mind )

I've never played amateur but I can relate to the feeling that baggers are just being greedy instead of growing as golfers and moving up to challenge themselves. In my case I usually have to move up to a more difficult division because there is no one nearly as old as me playing locally. This year I've played in the OPEN, MASTERS, GRANDMASTERS divisions. I'm a senior grandmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by hyzerbomb View Post
                      With the predominant format in tourneys in the USA ams are basically playing for money with all the stacks of plastic, bags, schwag etc in the events we hold. Perhaps if we had trophy only with player packs for all contestants, we could lessen the perceived bagger problem, ( a few names come to mind )

I've never played amateur but I can relate to the feeling that baggers are just being greedy instead of growing as golfers and moving up to challenge themselves. In my case I usually have to move up to a more difficult division because there is no one nearly as old as me playing locally. This year I've played in the OPEN, MASTERS, GRANDMASTERS divisions. I'm a senior grandmaster.
                      I think many baggers play in lower divisions not for the want of more plastic, but for the need to feed the ego.

Comment

the world is coming to a end......Sam has not been saying anything in this matter since Jeff said something
                        PDGA # 31451
                        2 Mini Aces
                        74 Aces
                        PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                        DISC GOLF OR DIE
                        BOB CABAL
                        DISCVANGO
                        JEFF ELLIOT
                        G-MAN
                        JORDAN LEWIS
                        JEFF HAGERTY
                        JAMES GARCELON
                        SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Just watching the top spin...

I truthfully do not care that much and am more than used to people whining at me or about me. If people do not like me beating them in a division I am qualified to play in, they should probably practice more and get better so that they can keep up. Or move down. It makes no difference to me, really.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            If people do not like me beating them in a division I am qualified to play in, they should probably practice more and get better so that they can keep up. Or move down. It makes no difference to me, really.
                            Good advice Sam.

OK, that's it! Gawain and I are going to take the MA2 division by storm from now on...

On a serious note, this thread really makes me want to run a ratings-based event.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                              On a serious note, this thread really makes me want to run a ratings-based event.

just for us old farts.....
                              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Hell, even I have beaten Sam, mano a mano.
                                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X