X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim J View Post
    Did you even read your post? If you didn't, why should we?
    Not sure what you read into it. Sandbagger? The facts speak for themselves. Old dog? Just an expression.

(I sure would like to know what reasons someone in his position has for his choice of division. It may be very valid, but I don't know what it is and I can't personally think of a valid one- unless he's an amateur in another sport that would cause him to lose his status if he played DG as a Pro. If I see him at the BSF I'll ask him and maybe have a better understanding of his position.)

Sorry for any panties that are now bunched up. Dig 'em out and the word will seem brighter.

If I get in I hope I'm on the same card as PW. And RB. And DR.

My apologies to anyone offended by opinions that differ from theirs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
      Not sure what you read into it. Sandbagger? The facts speak for themselves. Old dog? Just an expression.

(I sure would like to know what reasons someone in his position has for his choice of division. It may be very valid, but I don't know what it is and I can't personally think of a valid one- unless he's an amateur in another sport that would cause him to lose his status if he played DG as a Pro. If I see him at the BSF I'll ask him and maybe have a better understanding of his position.)

Sorry for any panties that are now bunched up. Dig 'em out and the word will seem brighter.

If I get in I hope I'm on the same card as PW. And RB. And DR.

My apologies to anyone offended by opinions that differ from theirs.

be a little less negative all the time and maybe the world will seem a little brighter for you to.
      Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

• How is having an opinion negative?
        "all the time"
        Get real.

ratings based events for the good of the game

Comment

How is having an opinion negative?
          "all the time"
          Get real.

ratings based events for the good of the game

having an opinion is not negative. having a negative opinion and complaining about everything is negative. like you just said earlier...."Sorry for any panties that are now bunched up. Dig 'em out and the word will seem brighter." oh yea, your right, nothing negative or condescending about that at all. Have a good day.
          Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

• And a good day to you as well.

ps. I only complain about 36.3% of everything. I'm happy with the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
              I'm sorry for sounding angry. I'm also sorry to you Jordan, if you feel that I was attacking you in any way. None of that was not my intent; I enjoy honest discussions, which I felt Jordan and I were having.
              No worries Kenny. It was great fun bantering back and forth with you. We disagree, but that's cool.

How about a less rigid form of my way: you get put in the division that your rating requires and you can petition the TD to move up one division, automatically granted if you're within a stroke of the rating. No rating golfers are still a case by case basis. You'd have to be pretty convincing to get into MA1.

I know how it is now, I know how I'd like to see it run, but I am not The Decider (or the shit would really hit the fan). In disc golf and world politics.

And if Wes is negative for complaining about 36.3% of everything then he's a piker. You can call me Negative Man!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
              Or does here stand the last remaining man
              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• No, you're a piker.

ps. What's a piker?

Comment

No, you're a piker.

ps. What's a piker?
                  pik∑er   [pahy-ker]
                  noun Informal .
                  1. a person who does anything in a contemptibly small or cheap way.

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                  Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                  Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                  Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                  Or does here stand the last remaining man
                  To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                  No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                  Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                  Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• How a bagger thinks….
                    There seems to be much concern with my entry into the amateur grandmasters division of the BSF.
                    I made a mistake. It does not appear that I should be in that division. There is much conjecture as to the motivation so I will attempt to share my point of view. First, I am a professional firefighter, I am an amateur disc golfer. Disc golf is a passion and a blessing to me as I have made many friends through this sport. Winning prizes is not a motivator to me as I have given away more swag, discs, bags and baskets to fundraisers, newbies, tournament directors, friends and family then most people will ever win. The idea that it is an ego issue also does not ring true as anyone that really knows me knows that I get my self worth from my faith and what I can do for others more than winning a disc golf tournament.
                    The truth is as I am limiting my tournament play I wanted to play with people I do not see much and have developed friendships with. I thought if I signed up for MG1 I would be playing with the likes of Brad Huggins, Tom Bontempo, Robert Brown, Jeff Elliot all of whom have beaten me when I was playing regularly. It did not turn out that way and I wish I could change things. I would be happy to move to a different division if it made the disc golf community happier. I do not want to be a taker in this sport, I want to give back.
                    I know to some this will just make me a justifying sandbagger (the worst kind), but I would like to go to the tournament and enjoy the Beaver State Fling experience without being “that guy”.
                    Paul Wright 32290

Comment

• Paul,
                      Many have never had the pleasure of your company, or the luck of playing on the same card. I for one am appalled at this continued debate within our community. Having had the opportunity to play with you at the Sushi some years back and getting the chance to chat again at BSF is always a pleasure. Don't let this immature banter sway your entry one bit, those of us who have had the pleasure of, and look forward to your company again, know you are one of the true assets in this sport. Not to mention that for those of us over the age of fifty, it gets frustrating to have to teach a history lesson every time you make a joke with a reference from history pre 1970. They are young Paul...some, obviously younger than others. I for one look forward to catching up at the BSF...tear it up.

'J' Man

Ps. for you young'ins, like myself, Jeff E. and more than I can list, Paul has been hukin long before the advent of small beveled plastic...we've been cutting lines in the sky before most of your moms even met your papas...what keeps us in this for so long you ask...well it is not this debate I assure you. I guarantee you need to look in the dictionary for that definition nearer "passion," than "low self esteem."
                      educate your thinking

Comment

• Old don't mean right J.
                        One topic has nothing to do with the other.
                        Age doesn't necessarily mean one has made the right decision for the good of the game.
                        And it's not about the person, it's about sportsmanship and fair competition.
                        Interesting post, but I don't see the point.
                        I was under the impression you didn't play many competitive events because of the BS involved and preferred recreational golf. I'd have thought someone with a 100% win/place/show record over three years in two divisions would strike you as off, but you seem to disagree with no valid reason as to why.
                        Educate your thinking.

Ratings based events to advance the sport!
                        Last edited by Wes Hansen; April 22nd, 2012, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Fords...Chevys Wes...true, I don't play much competitive. As to valid reasons...I don't need your validation to agree/disagree on any point/topic...however so I understand your point, you, and others, are tired of loosing in age protected groups because some folks within the same age group are better than you? OK...good luck with that windmill my friend. But hey, if ratings based events will end this dead horse debate I say the sooner the better. And we can all dress alike, throw the same discs, take the same meds...

I'll see ya on the links Wes
                          educate your thinking

Comment

• Originally posted by JMan View Post
                            Fords...Chevys Wes...true, I don't play much competitive. As to valid reasons...I don't need your validation to agree/disagree on any point/topic...however so I understand your point, you, and others, are tired of loosing in age protected groups because some folks within the same age group are better than you? OK...good luck with that windmill my friend. But hey, if ratings based events will end this dead horse debate I say the sooner the better. And we can all dress alike, throw the same discs, take the same meds...

I'll see ya on the links Wes
                            Look at my record. I don't win. I don't place. I rarely show. It ain't about me friend. Getting rid of one or two SBers isn't going to move me up the ladder to a trophy, so I'm not complaining about SBing for myself alone. If it was I'd play tee-ball against 5 yr olds and tell myself how good I am. Sure, I'm tired of seeing a few folks win all the time as AMs playing in the easiest division for them. Personally I find the practice poor sportsmanship.
                            If your good, prove it against the best. Not against me or others who enjoy "competition" in it's truest sense.

"And we can all dress alike, throw the same discs, take the same meds..." and all get tattoos because our teacher has them. WTF?!

It isn't about a person, it's about their decisions.

I'm not a good DGer... very often. Should I go hustle newbies to raise my self-esteem?!

Comment

• WOW Wes...lot of anger there my friend for a pastime activity. And you are right, it is about decisions...like the one made here. And the one that accuses a friend of SB...you have obviously never met him...or did he need your validation to remain a lifetime amateur? Come on Wes...this is way beneath the honorable man I met a few years back. But hey if clobbering 5 yr olds is what it will take...tear it up buddy.
                              educate your thinking

Comment

• Sorry- I don't drink much, but I did last night.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X