X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikko and his new team.

So it's official that Nikko Locastro has started playing for Innova now. Saw his interview with the disc golf guy last night. I would like to know how Gateway feels about this since they supported him all the way through his career till now.

Does anybody know what fueled his need to ditch Gateway (besides that the only thing they make well are putters).

Looks like he's Innova's problem now
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

wasn't he part of the Innova team a while ago? Before he was nearly as good?

Comment

I'm sure that Nikko gave Gateway a chance to match any offer that Innova made...

Gateway made way more money off of Nikko's name then hey ever paid him. He has driven their marketing for at least 5 years now.

Finally, Nikko is young and can be hot headed on the course. But don't be fooled. I have played with and near almost all of the top players and they are almost all wound pretty tight. Nikko gets a bad rap I think. He works harder than any of those other guys and deserves everything he gets.

Just my opinion...

Comment

I'm pretty sure Nikko's deal with Gateway allowed him to throw Innova discs (perhaps any disc). It would make sense that he would eventually go there.

Comment

Interesting turn of events.

Im sure it has something to do with "financial opportunities"

Nikko has been a long time Gateway thrower....His uncle, Dave Mac is the owner.

I suppose it was time to move on.......

Comment

couldn't have said it any better

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
            I'm sure that Nikko gave Gateway a chance to match any offer that Innova made...

Gateway made way more money off of Nikko's name then hey ever paid him. He has driven their marketing for at least 5 years now.

Finally, Nikko is young and can be hot headed on the course. But don't be fooled. I have played with and near almost all of the top players and they are almost all wound pretty tight. Nikko gets a bad rap I think. He works harder than any of those other guys and deserves everything he gets.

Just my opinion...
            My feelings too Andy.
            He is maturing.
            The perfect example is throwing Innova as opposed to Discraft.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            - Anonymous

Comment

Just my opinion...
              agreed. hes actually a really nice guy, easy to chill with and talk to.

Comment

Just my opinion...

I agree he seems to be very dedicated, and hard working.

Our scramble group followed his card at the scramble last month, and all the guys on that card were very nice every time we caught up to them on the tee pads. All the guys were more than happy to sign our team mate Joe's disc when he aced in front of them.

Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

Just my opinion...
                  Agreed. I think he has matured considerably over the past few years as well. I think this is a great move for both him and Innova.
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I wonder which putter he will pick over the Wizards he was throwing? I am a big gateway putter fan myself and just cannot find an innova/discraft/lat64 alternative I like as much as the SSS Warlock.
                    PDGA# 49616
                    Stumptown# 353
                    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                      I wonder which putter he will pick over the Wizards he was throwing? I am a big gateway putter fan myself and just cannot find an innova/discraft/lat64 alternative I like as much as the SSS Warlock.
                      Innovadiscs.com says he is putting with a classic aviar
                      Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

Comment

After walking along the majority of the final round lead card at the memorial a few years ago I came away with the impression that Feldborg was much more the whiner than Nikko and Feldberg won the tournament that day. I am still definitely a fan of both players and have seen worse sportsmanship from people playing just for plastic at every tournament I've been to. I think both of their reputations get blown out of proportion, but that is the price you pay for being the best at what you do and those two play disc golf at a level that not many of us will ever reach in anything we do.

As for the thread topic: Team Innova got the best disc golfer they could have possibly gotten.
                        Read this ^

Comment

Don't get me wrong... if I was the commissioner I would be suspending these dudes left and right. I think that the pouty attitude displayed by top level players is one of the factors holding this sport back. (when was the last time you saw a pouty snow-boarder). We are an emerging sport, disc golf should be advertised as fun and exhilarating, not touturesome and frustrating.

That said high level disc golf is also a boys club. Those guys play each other almost every week. When Nikko hit the scene he started winning big tournaments and not giving much "respect" to the more established players. (read as not kissing enough a**) They labeled him as a trouble maker while all he was doing was following the example that all of them set.

There are some great guys in the top 20. Our own Nate Sexton is certainly a gentleman and can easily be considered among the best in the world. EMac also really seems to do it the right way... but in the end tempers really seem to be a problem that disc golf needs to address if we want more public support for our touring pros

Comment

I'm sure Innova can give him a much better deal than Gateway, which actually kind of sucks for his game. With Gateway, he could throw any discs he wanted but now he is limited. Last time I checked he was big on Buzzzes and Destroyers for non-Gateway discs.
                            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Mil-line-um

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
                              Have you thrown the Omega SSS?
                              Basically an Aviar.
                              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                              - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X