Am II:
    Terry Schuler 183
    Rob Thome 195
    Mike Bacon 202

Women:
    Julie Groves 218
    Alicia Harden 220
    Jane Spencer 235

I see some west coast legends in that "baggin" Masters division.
    Last edited by Flatroc; February 21st, 2012, 08:12 AM.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Thanks for posting that Yose! Gives me a bit of perspective regarding how long some of those players have been playin'.

Comment

I miss that couse,had alot of good times there

Comment

The pleasure is mine brother!

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
        Thanks for posting that Yose! Gives me a bit of perspective regarding how long some of those players have been playin'.
        El gusto es mio hermano!
        I stumble across this stuff from time to time and enjoy the many memories it brings back to me and now hopefully others.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

disatance champs and more

Here we go:
          It was in Estacada 1991 at the Oregon State Overall Frisbee Championships.
          The weather conditions were cloudy/rainy and 70 degrees.
          Out of 31 participants only 5 players threw over 300'.
          Distance
          340 > Roland Van Bibber
          319 > Bruce Sisson
          306 > Paul Barcus (this youngster was good)
          304 > Jim Morehead
          301 > Jeff Burns
          Accuracy
          Jerry Miller > 14 of 28
          Golf
          Pro > Roland Van Bibber > 92
          Master > Neil Snyder > 95
          Advanced > Jim Morehead > 110
          Amateur > Keith Borges > 119
          Women > Elaina Wallmann > 134
          MTA (Maximum Time Aloft)
          Roland Van Bibber > 10.92 seconds

I'm not sure where the TRC (throw run and catch) results are, but I do remember the Bear Wrestler (aka Hyzerbomb) taking a hill out while making some great catches in either MTA or TRC.
          - Anonymous

Comment

I Do!

Originally posted by Big dawg 99 View Post
            I miss that couse,had alot of good times there
            No doubt that was/is an epic place to play disc golf.
            The reservoir/cart track shot will always be one of my favorites of all time.
            Anyone remember playing there while a wedding was going on up top.
            That's also where I started a saying (at least in our parts) "when in doubt go to the basket".
            This was after Sasquatch (Gary Helvig) threw one that all of us saw go way left of the pin. We looked where we thought it was for at least 5 minutes with no luck. So Gary took his 'P' and then while walking up to putt out... there it was about 15' from the basket.

Then there was this feller (John something I think) that was video taped throwing discs at a basketball hoop to try and break a Guinness Book record!
            From the lyrics of an old Neil Young song "old times were good times".
            - Anonymous

Comment

Here is a link to a picture of a disc from the Mt Tabor Portland Disc Golf Championships. I found this disc at Play it Again in Corvallis around 1998 I think. It is a lightning disc and pretty beat up but a nice collector.
              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Here is one more from Mt. Tabor. NW Full Sail Disc Golf Series final. November 3rd 2001. Mint condition rainbow stamp.
                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Farrell View Post
                  Here is a link to a picture of a disc from the Mt Tabor Portland Disc Golf Championships. I found this disc at Play it Again in Corvallis around 1998 I think. It is a lightning disc and pretty beat up but a nice collector.
                  [IMG][/IMG]
                  This is probably a Stealth by Lightning Discs, we got them as part of our players pack. I got a white one from that tourney. That was such a great place to play tourneys.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Farrell View Post
                    Here is one more from Mt. Tabor. NW Full Sail Disc Golf Series final. November 3rd 2001. Mint condition rainbow stamp.
                    Pat,

Good to hear from you. How are things in South Carolina? Playing worlds this year?
                    Glad to know you lurk here sometimes.

Take care (from another semi-old-timer)

Comment

beautiful blue baskets

Patrick,
                      This thread was intended to spark up some PNW disc golf history and share some of those times.
                      Thanks for contributing!
                      Are you still building dgc's?
                      I remember your "traveling 9", that was a great concept and was very needed during those days.
                      I think it's time to get into some of my old-school stash.
                      Yose
                      - Anonymous

Comment

PDGA history/trivia

What year did the PDGA first offer Amateur classifications for members?
                        - Anonymous

Comment

novice division

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...1233860&type=3

Sorry about the presentation of this photo.
                          I'm a rook with this stuff.
                          This disc is a Spitfire and yes there were Stealths and Hellcats also.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...14911448_n.jpg

This is also a Spitfire.
                          Keith or Lance could prolly confirm, but I believe this was from 1997 0r 98, after the "rebirth' of the ODGA.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...81227661_n.jpg

Eclipse (Par Infinity)
                          Last edited by Flatroc; March 16th, 2012, 04:22 PM.
                          - Anonymous

Comment

for those who care

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                            What year did the PDGA first offer Amateur classifications for members?
                            I wonder if any of the Bod's brought up the idea about an ADGA at that time?
                            - Anonymous

Comment

1995 Great Northwest Open

May 20,21 1995 Whistlers Bend Park (sunny, 75 degrees)
                              This gig was played using the original 27 hole, par 81 layout at WB.
                              As you can tell it was back when Oregon obviously had a large shortage of open pro men.
                              This is also the one where Kurt Bayne's scorecard was added wrong and the penalty strokes took him out of first!
                              KB, being the type of feller he was/is still donated some of his payout to help Whistlers get that dreaded first basket.

Open
                              Ca-Mike 'Long Lanky Southpaw' Belchik 74 78 152 $300
                              Wa-Craig Gangloff..............................77 77 154 $155
                              Wa-Gary Meyers................................82 75 157 $115
                              Wa-Phil Loyd.....................................81 80 161 $75
                              Wa-Jerry Bailey..................................81 81 162 $55
                              Wa-Turis Corning................................81 82 163 $18
                              Wa-Tom Allyn....................................81 82 163 $18
                              Wa-Steve Loyd..................................84 84 168
                              Wa-Jason Coke..................................84 86 170
                              Wa-Ken Bohling..................................89 81 170
                              Or-Erik (before he was 'Buck') Smith.......82 89 171
                              Or-Rick (whatever happened to) Hawn....89 82 171
                              Wa-Mike Wagner.................................86 85 171
                              Wa-Pat Bailey.....................................87 86 173
                              Wa-David Swanson..............................88 85 173
                              Wa-Ray Antoon...................................85 90 175
                              ?? -Alan Schwartz................................92 84 176
                              Wa-Mark Kilmer....................................88 91 179

Pro Women
                              Wa-Heather Witt.................................92 91 183 $75

Pro Master
                              Wa-Lowell Shields...........77 79 156 $290
                              Or-Roland Van Bibber.......76 81 157 $145
                              Wa-Kurt Bayne..............79 78 157 $105
                              Wa-Gordy Kirkpatrick.......80 81 162 $65
                              Or-David Melton..............83 81 164 $40
                              Ca-Tom Wallace...............84 80 164 $40
                              Or-Dan Lucachick.............80 85 165
                              Or-Tom Embree................83 82 165
                              Or-Steve Wright..............82 84 166
                              Or-Darren Nitz.................84 82 166
                              Or-Gary 'Squatch' Helvig....86 82 168
                              Or-Kent 'Thumper' Parsons..84 87 171
                              Wa-'Brother' Don Bishop.....87 86 173
                              Or-Jack Schoolcraft..........88 88 176
                              Or-Jim 'JJ' Johnson............89 87 176
                              ??-Drew Seip...................88 91 179
                              Or-'Insane' Zane Hoffman...91 94 185
                              Or-Phil 'Artbeats' Bates......94 95 189
                              Or-Stephen Early..............99.... DNF

>
                              - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X