Signing Baskets IS VANDALISM!!! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    I heard Nick went out to Lunchtime today and cleaned off the new basket.

    Since he has apologized and followed through on his promise to clean it off, I'd like to be one of the first people to commend him on how he handled himself once this all came to light. He could have taken an entirely different path on this, but chose the right one... rather than the easy one.
    Kudos!
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

    Comment


    • #62
      I agree, he did what was right and was very apologetic. The best thing we can do as a community is let it go and treat him with respect.

      Mat,
      "If" I can make a 200' Ace, I will be squealing and skipping around like a little school girl. When I finish dancing around I will expect your signature on my disc as a witness!
      PDGA# 49616
      Stumptown# 353
      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by jeffmonty View Post
        Revel in your ace, sign your friggen Disc, and move on.
        He made a mistake he probably won't repeat, he fixed it and is sorry, let's leave him alone and move on.
        Basket thieves

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          I'm disappointed... all these messages about Nick Putz, and not a single one goofing on his last name?
          Well, if you've ever had your putz nicked, you know how painful that can be.

          Thought it, but didn't post it. Think of this as a command performance.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
            Well, if you've ever had your putz nicked, you know how painful that can be.

            Thought it, but didn't post it. Think of this as a command performance.
            Thanks Bob. I knew you wouldn't let us down.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
              I agree, he did what was right and was very apologetic. The best thing we can do as a community is let it go and treat him with respect.

              Mat,
              "If" I can make a 200' Ace, I will be squealing and skipping around like a little school girl. When I finish dancing around I will expect your signature on my disc as a witness!
              Josh I will be the first to sign your disc when I see you ace. I didn't mean to act like a 200 foot ace is not impressive because it is. I meant to say that it isn't impressive enough to write your name permanently on the very front of the basket. Maybe an ace like Gawain's would be worthy of such an act. As for mounting your disc on the wall, I've thrown and lost all 6 of my ace discs. You gotta use them, just because you made a long shot doesn't mean you shouldn't use the disc anymore, if anything it has proven its worth to you and you should be throwing it, often.
              Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

              Comment


              • #67
                an another note, I e-mailed Nick Putz with only the sentence.... "Nice ace man." he e-mailed me back a huge write up saying how sorry he was etc... I explained that I was only joking and wanted to give him a hard time, and that I figured enough other people already gave him a lot of grief for it. He seemed happy that I was joking. He sounds very remorseful for doing it.
                Fear of any kind is the number one enemy of all golfers regardless of ball-striking and shot-making capabilities.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                  As for mounting your disc on the wall, I've thrown and lost all 6 of my ace discs. You gotta use them, just because you made a long shot doesn't mean you shouldn't use the disc anymore, if anything it has proven its worth to you and you should be throwing it, often.
                  I put my first ace disc on the wall because that's what I heard you do (good thing I didn't hear that you are supposed to sign the basket). A year later I put the disc back in my bag because I missed it. The first throw after I put it in my bag nearly aced, and so did a few others. A week later, it was gone. Left on a fairway and never returned. Regrets? None at all. Discs are meant to be thrown.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                    Maybe an ace like Gawain's would be worthy of such an act

                    that 1 is almost worthy of engraving on the pole........




                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

                    :cheers:

                    :cool:sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      as for retiring Ace's....i have 4 on my wall

                      1st Ace

                      1st Tourney Ace

                      1st Ace of the New Millennium in a Tourney 1-1-01 10:43 am

                      Triple Ace Disc, because it became way to flippy


                      i have also lost at least 3 after not retiring them and i have 1 Ace disc that is in my bag now and another 1 that rotates in and out of my bag.

                      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

                      :cheers:

                      :cool:sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Since I'm generally not a very trusting guy (I prefer the term cynical), I went back out to lunchtime and checked on Nick's artwork. Sure enough, I had a real tough time telling it was ever even there.
                        I'll send Nick a personal message as well, but I would like to publicly thank Nick for owning his mistake and making it right.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Aw. A touching story of success.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            I'm pretty cynical myself, so I took it upon myself to go out to Lunchtime after Scott had been there. Look what I found!

                            Oregon disc golf map

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                              I'm pretty cynical myself, so I took it upon myself to go out to Lunchtime after Scott had been there. Look what I found!

                              Clearly not mine. I tag my baskets with my pdga #, disc used (including make, model, plastic, weight, color, and relative flippiness), and list of witnesses.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by mowens404 View Post
                                an another note, I e-mailed Nick Putz with only the sentence.... "Nice ace man." he e-mailed me back a huge write up saying how sorry he was etc... I explained that I was only joking and wanted to give him a hard time, and that I figured enough other people already gave him a lot of grief for it. He seemed happy that I was joking. He sounds very remorseful for doing it.
                                I hope you felt like an AWESOME DUDE. Nothing like picking up a new hobby, making a bad judgement call due to lack of someone explaining proper etiquette and having the collective community attack you like you just raped their daughter.

                                I'm not attacking you personally, whoever you are, but rather the community that sits on their holier than thou thrones casting stones at anyone who dares offend them, their rules, or their precious toys.

                                Grow up, stop being AWESOME DUDES and have a nice day.
                                Last edited by maccallum; February 24th, 2012, 05:27 PM. Reason: Mat is an AWESOME DUDE so I fixed that for ya. :)

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X